Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Southampton vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

Charity Shield 1910

Jan 4, 2021
Maupay and Welbeck are invisible, as usual.

Dont get the Lallana hype either, obviously he has class but he doesn’t influence games consistently enough.

I made a similar point. Wouldnt say invisible but hardly look a threat so far. Maupay is tidy and Wellbeck a few runs but not enough from either.

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
Dan Burn at CB the player you’ve said should be nowhere near the side? Alzate is not a wing back he’s awful there and Karbownik is a total unknown at this level.

We have 3 starting defenders out, we can’t play 5 at the back. Really not that hard.

News flash. Dan Burn is a centre back. He’s certainly better there than as a make shift full back. You said we didn’t have the players to play five at the back. I’ve proven we do. I’m pretty sure that we’d be better as a five with Alzate on the right who I think has always looked good on that side than keystone cops 442. Karbonwick was possibly our best player in a cup game against a top four premier league team and an international footballer.

portlock seagull

Jul 28, 2003
What a plonker you are.

I’ll take any means available to replace Gross! Even the St John’s Amb is preferable to Gross today. He is having a shocker. Absolute shocker. If he comes out for 2nd half we have lost this for sure.

El Turi

Injured
Aug 13, 2005
Argentina
Was I the only one who didn’t celebrate when we scored as it’s so obvious we’d sit back and throw away the lead.

Washie

Jun 20, 2011
Eastbourne
Biss and Gross need to come off. What has happened to Bissouma, he has been seriously poor for a while now, every touch results in him losing the ball. Gross looks so unconfident.

Bridcutt

Aug 10, 2011
Would really prefer a change in system. Propper to come on next to Bissouma. Feel like this has 2-1 saints all over it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I am watching a different game to quite a few of you, frustrating but enjoyable in my game :shrug:

I’d get Gross off though, awful half and Burn is a cock up waiting to happen. Trossard needs a lucky break

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
We are where we are.

And deserve to be.

Completely lacking any confidence in front of goal.

upthealbion1970

bring on the trumpets....
NSC Patron
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean
Same old start ok take the lead miss a golden opportunity to score a second not to mention an unmarked opposition striker in our box scoring a sitter we would have missed

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Southampton vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

You enjoyed the corner for the goal though?

It was a good corner. But you don't sacrifice everything else on the pitch for it. Others can take corners, it's not something so difficult we need a shocking player for everything else they do (especially defensively).

Apparently they can’t.

It was a really poor miss and cross moments later, but he hasn’t been any worse than Trossard, Bissouma, Maupay or Burn.

His tracking has been a lot better than on the left side.

Edit - [MENTION=41974]Disciple[/MENTION] - apologies this was for you [emoji2]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here