Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Southampton to not form a guard of honour

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Think the ref should book them all for ungentlemanly conduct if they don't :laugh:

*assuming that still exists as a bookable offence

klaaturberada

Jan 2, 2011
Hilarious. Some hysterical people here actually believe that Adkins posts on twitter and that he would take the time to confirm or deny that there will be a guard of honour. Priceless.

Chamberpot

Jan 5, 2010
Disrespectful wankers, I bet if they had just won the title, we would of done the guard of honor, they have no respect for us. I hope we crush them on saturday. Hehe

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Hilarious. Some hysterical people here actually believe that Adkins posts on twitter and that he would take the time to confirm or deny that there will be a guard of honour. Priceless.
It turns out that your official club spokeman went on twitter. How is that any better then? Why did he bother?

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail

It was confirmed by BBC Radio Solent Twitter. No-one in their right mind believes the Adkins feed is real.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Don't tell me, tell the author of post number 37.
I read that it was him, then read it was someone else. I knew hours ago.

Still, why has your official spokesman bothered to announce it? And someone must have made the decision. If it wasn't Adkins who was it?

klaaturberada

Jan 2, 2011
I read that it was him, then read it was someone else. I knew hours ago.

Still, why has your official spokesman bothered to announce it? And someone must have made the decision. If it wasn't Adkins who was it?
I haven't seen anything from an official spokesman. Not saying there isn't one - I just haven't seen it. If SFC have decided not to do it, then I would be 99% certain it would be Cortese. Perhaps there has been some dialogue between the clubs about it anyway?

Social Sausage

Apr 17, 2011
Jesus, give it a rest you lot.

Guards of honour? Christ on a bike, it's all you've been going on about this week; that and how arrogant we are and we should afford you appropriate respect etc, etc - to me, it's almost as boring reading this rubbish as it is to you reading my original post.

Honestly... would you be THAT offended if we didn't? I think 99.9% of Saints fans and management wouldn't dispute you've been the best side this year... so why on earth do you lot persist on gaining "respect" from your peers? How many times do you want to be patted on the back?

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
I haven't seen anything from an official spokesman. Not saying there isn't one - I just haven't seen it. If SFC have decided not to do it, then I would be 99% certain it would be Cortese. Perhaps there has been some dialogue between the clubs about it anyway?

Stop making excuses - your club and manager have been disrespectful ***** all yr - why would this change now. Oh how good it is that we're not only CHAMPIONS (at 16/1) but that we've also utterly pissed the league. Priceless and unforgettable!

klaaturberada

Jan 2, 2011
Jordan Sibley perhaps?

I guess they prefer to concentrate on matters at hand. If the roles were reversed, I wouldn't expect any poxy Guard of Honour from the opposition. Hardly a long standing tradition.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Jesus, give it a rest you lot.

Guards of honour? Christ on a bike, it's all you've been going on about this week; that and how arrogant we are and we should afford you appropriate respect etc, etc - to me, it's almost as boring reading this rubbish as it is to you reading my original post.

Honestly... would you be THAT offended if we didn't? I think 99.9% of Saints fans and management wouldn't dispute you've been the best side this year... so why on earth do you lot persist on gaining "respect" from your peers? How many times do you want to be patted on the back?

Get off this board then- simples.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Jordan Sibley perhaps?

I guess they prefer to concentrate on matters at hand. If the roles were reversed, I wouldn't expect any poxy Guard of Honour from the opposition. Hardly a long standing tradition.

Ask Swansea... It's called respect.

klaaturberada

Jan 2, 2011
Stop making excuses - your club and manager have been disrespectful ***** all yr - why would this change now. Oh how good it is that we're not only CHAMPIONS (at 16/1) but that we've also utterly pissed the league. Priceless and unforgettable!
LOL. I am not making excuses. I don't give a toss whether there is a guard of honour. I really don't. You are so precious about your "lack of respect" hysterics. It is so small-time. You shouldn't give a toss about what people say or do. You won the league - yet some of you (and you are a prime example) get all hysterical about it. Grow up!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here