Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Southampton to not form a guard of honour

LS6

Nov 9, 2010
I think Adkins will make them because he realises he has made himself out to look like a twat.

Spun Cuppa

Thanks Greens :(
I think GP has shown he has more class than to expect what is outlined here. He will graciously accept the SCC team's applause when we come out, then orchestrate a victory of epic proportions :smile:

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Who gives a flying fcuk about who is going to give us a guard of honour (We don't play bloody cricket you know). I am not even sure where this utter tosh came from. I am not sure I would want the the Albion doing such a thing. Yes we won the Championship and deservedly so but we don't need to rub it into their faces. The team will be well applauded by their own and as long as we beat Stains then another perfect day following the Albion this season.
We should let them form 2 rows and then we send our reserve team out in honour of their Championship.

Drumstick

NORTHSTANDER
Jul 19, 2003
Peacehaven
footballforums.net says same, adkins said it on bbc solent apperently.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Confirmed that there will be no guard of honour.

Twitter

Quite seriously though, if they don't do it, then all they are proving is that they are bigger tossers than we originaly thought. It just shows a complete lack of class and respect not to do it. In reverse circumstances, if say it was us having to do it for even Palace maybe, I wouldn't like it, but I would expect the team to do it.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Quite seriously though, if they don't do it, then all they are proving is that they are bigger tossers than we originaly thought. It just shows a complete lack of class and respect not to do it. In reverse circumstances, if say it was us having to do it for even Palace maybe, I wouldn't like it, but I would expect the team to do it.

They'll be playing away from home in front of a handful of their own fans so why would they care less what we think ?

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
They'll be playing away from home in front of a handful of their own fans so why would they care less what we think ?

It wouldn't just be us though would it. I would imagine most "football people" would expect it to be done and think it churlish at the very least not to do it.

fire&skill

Killer-Diller
Jan 17, 2009
Shoreham-by-Sea
They won't do it. Does anybody honestly think that Nigel 'David Brent School of Management Psychology & Clichés' Adkins will allow BHAFC to have the upper hand in any way, shape or form?

Besides, it's really just a contrivance that's been perpetuated by the egg-throwers; a pretty naff one at that. Hope they don't do it. I wouldn't want us doing it for anybody.

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
If ever we needed an extra incentive to beat these cunts then Adkins has just handed it to us on a plate.

Richy_Seagull

Oct 7, 2003
Brighton
I know it's only trivial, and in the big scheme of things pretty unimportant, but I would have expected us to do it to ANY team that had just won the league. The lack of class shown is just hilariously pathetic.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I know it's only trivial, and in the big scheme of things pretty unimportant, but I would have expected us to do it to ANY team that had just won the league. The lack of class shown is just hilariously pathetic.
Adkins impresses me less and less as time goes on.

It's one thing to put your foot in it by banging on about another team "keeping up", when you are 8 points behind and half way through the season. But this guard of honour:
a) Southampton form a guard of honour, fawning at the opposition players in front of their mocking support. Result: a fired up Southampton team with a point to prove
Or
b) Go on twitter the day before and tell everyone that no guard of honour will be formed. Result: if any Albion players with little to play for did need motivating, well that'll do nicely.

The obvious choice would be a), but would require a manager who doesn't act like a total SPASTIC. And I find this whole guard of honour a crock of shit anyway.

Blue and White Tiger

Exiled to Exeter
Jul 6, 2010
The players should work on a "guard of honour" goal celebration and give the goal scorer the guard of honour back to the centre circle when we take the lead

WOW this would be great! EMAIL IT TO THE CLUB!!!!

The Antikythera Mechanism

The oldest known computer
NSC Patron
Aug 7, 2003
326_1_296.jpg
:drool:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here