Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Southampton to not form a guard of honour

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
LOL. I am not making excuses. I don't give a toss whether there is a guard of honour. I really don't. You are so precious about your "lack of respect" hysterics. It is so small-time. You shouldn't give a toss about what people say or do. You won the league - yet some of you (and you are a prime example) get all hysterical about it. Grow up!

As much as I loathe to say it, he has a point.

If you look at the binfests this season directed towards Lee Clark/ Nigel Adkins/ FCUM / Steve Claridge / Football League Show etc etc about being 'disrespected' then it gets very embarrassing. Frankly I could not give a shit what others say, I would rather listen to Gus, as he is excellent value for money on the quotes front.

Best thing is to do the talking on the pitch, though the idea of the guard of honour goal celebration is EXCELLENT.

Regardless of what happens before the Southampton game, I confidently expect Huddersfield to give us a guard of honour ... not for being champions, but for STUFFING Southampton the previous week and opening the way for Hudds to achieve automatic promotion.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
If there isn't a guard of honour by Soton then I very much suspect it will be because they told the league they will not do it. Rather than announce that, the league would merely get Huddersfield to do it and use the excuse that 'it is the last home league game'. A guard of honour should be at the game following the title success whether it is home or away.

In the past, the likes of both Chelsea and Man Utd have given a guard of honour once the title has been won. It shows respect and I would wager that any other club in the league would do it.

Now, this could all of course be superfluous if Soton have in fact agreed but if they have, why don't they announce it! If they don't do it then it would suggest that Adkins book of 'Life Coaching' doesn't include anything about humility!!!!

Alex

Nov 3, 2010
"Every game has got a special meaning and Southampton certainly has that. Everyone knows it's a big derby down here so we want to do well."

Aw, a quote from Gus. Nice to know you care.

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Minteh Wonderland
Regardless of what happens before the Southampton game, I confidently expect Huddersfield to give us a guard of honour ... not for being champions, but for STUFFING Southampton the previous week and opening the way for Hudds to achieve automatic promotion.

In that scenario, it would only be right if our defence formed a guard of honour for 90min against Huddersfield.

Southwick_Seagull

Oct 8, 2008
"Every game has got a special meaning and Southampton certainly has that. Everyone knows it's a big derby down here so we want to do well."

Aw, a quote from Gus. Nice to know you care.

And you rush on our messageboard to tell us. Irony overload.

pottert

Aug 12, 2009
Peacehaven
Personally I kind of hope they don't give us a guard of honour as that may spur the players on a bit to give them a good hiding.
If I was Adkins I would make sure we were given a guard of honour so that we would be more interested in celebrating our sucsess rather than focusing on the job in hand.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here