Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Southampton bidding 5mil+ for Gary Hooper

JJB

Mar 16, 2011
New Forest
You're not the brightest are you Ben? He was referring to the player you called quality funnily enough.

This redneb is a complete and utter moron.

Lee is a good finisher from what i've heard from a couple of Japanese co-workers and Adkins obviously rates him giving him a £15k p/w contract. Iago is also a quality signing and will no doubt be one of our best players for the rest of the season, taking pressure of lallana which will hopefully see him turn in some improved performances.

beefypigeon

Aug 14, 2008
7.5 million!! Are you having a laugh!?

Good player no doubt, I would say not that much better than say Maynard or Beckford. He's playing against lower league 1 opposition week in week out at best, that is a ludicrous amount. I want to see them buy him for that purely for a laugh. You could buy a very competitive squad at this level for that amount.

beardy gull

Jul 18, 2003
Portslade
He's been on loan at Spurs who have just signed him permanently and loaned him straight to us. WTF would Redknapp sign him permanently if he wasn't quality. Face it, he's f***ing mustard.

Iago is also a quality signing and will no doubt be one of our best players for the rest of the season, taking pressure of lallana which will hopefully see him turn in some improved performances.

From Saintsweb.....

Yago Falque was terrible - too small for Championship football - and a bit out of his depth with the pace and physicality of it all.

Falque - 1 played out of position, but still a lightweight hands in the sleeves waste of a shirt. Carried him from start to finish. Yes dropped in, but he didn't even look busy. He can only get better I suppose.

...looked like a fish out of water I thought and was glad to see De Ridder come on. Hoping there's more to come but wasn't particularly encouraged by tonight's showing.

Falque is another story. Quite clearly he can not play on the wing, in fact he looked totally out of his depth full stop, so why the hell did we start with him there? We must have known he is not a wide man so why play him there? We carried the guy and this immediately put us on the back foot in what was always going to be a tough game. It felt like playing with 10 men. Adkins solution was to bring him into the hole as part of a diamond and move Morgan out to the left where he doesn't like it. The diamond has not worked all season yet still he persists with it. We carry Falque for the rest of the half, only now we look even more unbalanced and give the whole right side to Leicester.

sadly I agree with you. He reminded me of many of the players that graced the shirt in the relegation season. I have to ask who scouted him, because he is never a wide man in a million years, so we ****ed him positionally, but even in the hole his movement and workrate was poor. Massive lack of effort. I have to ask also why we would sign another in the hole central midfielder when we have Ward Prowse and Reeves here. If he was a winger then no problem, but he isn't so why is he here. I hope I am set my self up for a fall here, but I just don't see him contributing to a promotion winning side.

Falque reminded me of Fabrice Fernandes.

Hope he improves.

he couldn't lace FFs boots

The new lad looked a passenger tonight.

:lolol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here