Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Sour Grapes from the Aussies

Stumpy Tim

She struggled with an injury in the run up to Athens. Again, nothing she did particularly wrong, just the way she was portrayed in the papers.

She's back in Australia now I think. My wife is a friend of hers.

Do the Aussies really have a problem that she married a 'pom'? Haha, good work, Jana.

I have to admit, I didn't realise she was getting a hard time. What about the shite Paula Radcliffe has had to put up with?

andybaha

Jan 3, 2007
Piddinghoe
My brother lives in Australia with his English born wife. But while he still sings along for the Poms his wife considers herself 'Australian' and gloats when the Aussies stuff the English.

When we won the Ashes the Post Office issued a set of commemorative stamps to mark the occassion. My Mum bought a huge sheet of them and takes great delight in sticking them on every letter she sends to my brother and his wife. I don't know if she has enough to last until 2009 so she might have to buy Team GB Olympic Games stamps if the PO issues them.

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
Er, but you just said Australians don't care about rugby. Why then are so many of your athletic young men taking it up?

We are talking about the people who go watch it yes?

Rugby League crowds over here are pathetic, Union doesnt get much better crowds and it has a whole state for a team.

Australian Rules kills them for attendance figures by a long stretch.

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
As for Jana Rawlinson the reason why people didn't like her much is because early on she thought her shit didn't stink and was up herself.

And one thing Australian's don't like is an arrogant champion.

If you are good at something don't bignote yourself or the tall poppy syndrome will see you cut down quickly.

GNF on Tour

Registered Twunt
Jul 7, 2003
Auckland

QUOTE]

and yet that little scrot Ponting and god-bothering arrogant toad Hayden are still hailed as Gods, how does that work then?

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
As for Jana Rawlinson the reason why people didn't like her much is because early on she thought her shit didn't stink and was up herself.

If you are good at something don't bignote yourself or the tall poppy syndrome will see you cut down quickly.

Bollocks. If there's one thing the Aussies don't like is a successful Pom.

Christ, you Aussies are bad losers. Get over it. Sometimes your rivals win. Big f***ing deal.

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
Bollocks. If there's one thing the Aussies don't like is a successful Pom.

Christ, you Aussies are bad losers. Get over it. Sometimes your rivals win. Big f***ing deal.

We were never into it.

You're the one getting all hot under the collar over nothing.

I don't know one person who gives a flying f*** how the English go at the Olympics.

In fact most of the people in my city are focused on Australian Rules football at present so to say they are sitting there getting all perturbed by the English Olympics effort is incredibly laughable. :lolol:

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
and yet that little scrot Ponting and god-bothering arrogant toad Hayden are still hailed as Gods, how does that work then?

They aren't hailed as Gods.

Both are seen as being down to earth blokes outside of the game.

One loves to surf and live a quiet life on the beach.

The other likes to race a few greyhounds with friends.

Hardly the poser lifestyle of England's new Captain Arrogant.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
We were never into it.

You're the one getting all hot under the collar over nothing.

I don't know one person who gives a flying f*** how the English go at the Olympics.

In fact most of the people in my city are focused on Australian Rules football at present so to say they are sitting there getting all perturbed by the English Olympics effort is incredibly laughable. :lolol:

Of course you don't care. We all believe you,honest.

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
It is all leg pulling this side of Australia and no takes it seriously, I and a few mates go to the pub on Friday and we regularly end with an 'Ashes' series being played in either darts or pool,us verses them and at the moment we are winning the Ashes series' 18 to 4 :thumbsup:

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath

they are sitting there getting all perturbed by the English Olympics effort is incredibly laughable. :lolol:

Not disagreeing with you mate but on a pedantic point, it's the BRITISH team. You'll have the BHAlbas after you! :)

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
Am I the only one to think the Olympics has become a farce anyway?

It used to be good because it was an amatuer competition.

Now you have Ronaldinho, Le Bron James and Roger Federer running around worth countless millions while you have other athletes who struggle to train and survive on a mere pittance compared to these millionaires.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here