Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Sour Grapes from the Aussies

Robot Chicken

Seriously?
Jul 5, 2003
Chicken World

mattb

Mar 18, 2008
haha such poor losers. when we get dicked in the cricket by them, we just accept it.

not sure they liked the last two rugby world cups either

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I f***ing hate australians. Their whiney accents, their stupid sentences that ALWAYS sound like they're ending with a QUESTION, the fact that they are the most piss-poor losers on the PLANET.

Nothing will ever top stuffing those wankers in the World Cup Final in their own back yard. And I don't even LIKE rugby.

Stumpy Tim

the fact that they are the most piss-poor losers on the PLANET.

Absolute f***ing nonsense. I was at the World Cup Final and I was amazed at how good-natured the Ozzies were at losing on their home ground. They were partying & laughing with the English. Let's compare that to England's history in football.... good old punch-up sorts everything out.

Did you see the interviews of Grant Hackett & Libby Trickett after they lost their swimming finals (for which they were tipped to win)? Nothing but compliments to the winners. No excuses, just lot's of Well Done's

Don't judge Australian's by that TWUNT Ponting.

And by the way, on those links that PenGOON listed. The second one has a 3 second interview with an Ozzie and the rest is the British boasting about their wins. Exactly what people say they don't like Australians for.

Personally I think the UK/Oz rivalry is very well humoured & great for the sports we compete in. We'll inevitably get raped at the cricket again next year though

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
I f***ing hate australians. Their whiney accents, their stupid sentences that ALWAYS sound like they're ending with a QUESTION, the fact that they are the most piss-poor losers on the PLANET.

Nothing will ever top stuffing those wankers in the World Cup Final in their own back yard. And I don't even LIKE rugby.

And the funny thing is most of Australia doesn't like rugby either.

So as a nation we didn't really give a f*** when we lost :thumbsup:

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
Considering how much money and size of population GB is drawing from i'd say they are doing pretty average still.

We are still doing a better overall job!

GNF on Tour

Registered Twunt
Jul 7, 2003
Auckland
I have spent the last decade and watching England / Aussie playing against eachother in both countries and have always enjoyed the experience. I've only had to chin one Aussie ever and even he took it well and said he deserved it (unfortunately the SCG stewards thought otherwise). They whine as much as us, they back their teams as much as us, they don't drink and sing as much as us though.

Sorry, I don't think I've contributed anything to this thread.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
I think that's all been rather taken out of context. It's just a rather pathetic way to make the Aussies look bad as just for once, we have the better of them. Pass me another pinch of salt please.

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
We, Tyrone?

You been sucked in?

And yes, Australia's lowly place on the medal table is causing much wailing and wringing of hands.

Of course, it is all to do with lottery money that GB is winning stuff.

Phone in Poll on Channel 7 the other day "Is Olympic Gold worth $1billion?"

I'm Aussie born and bred.

So I am a we :lol:

Australia isn't in a lowly position, I think we are doing ok.

5th most medals overall is a top effort for a country our size.

The reason why we aren't percieved to be doing well probably has less to do with money and more to do with the majority of our young athletic men playing Australian Rules or Rugby.

Those two sports take up a huge amount of young men who if they played Olympic sports would possibly be some of the best in their chosen sports.

Willow

Jul 6, 2003
Didcot
Hardly makes Australian's bad losers though does it

On a slightly different note, I was amazed to see how the Aussies turned on Jana Rawlinson, their own World 400m Hurdles champion, when she pulled out of the Olympics with a toe injury. Pure, totally undeserved vitriol, for no obvious reason.

Strange breed, them Aussies.

Last edited:

Bluejuice

Lazy as a rug on Valium
Sep 2, 2004
The free state of Kemp Town
I'm Aussie born and bred.

The reason why we aren't percieved to be doing well probably has less to do with money and more to do with the majority of our young athletic men playing Australian Rules or Rugby.

Those two sports take up a huge amount of young men who if they played Olympic sports would possibly be some of the best in their chosen sports.

Er, but you just said Australians don't care about rugby. Why then are so many of your athletic young men taking it up?

Willow

Jul 6, 2003
Didcot
I have spent the last decade and watching England / Aussie playing against eachother in both countries and have always enjoyed the experience. I've only had to chin one Aussie ever and even he took it well and said he deserved it (unfortunately the SCG stewards thought otherwise). They whine as much as us, they back their teams as much as us, they don't drink and sing as much as us though.

Sorry, I don't think I've contributed anything to this thread.

Oh, I think you have. Good work, that man.

Hardly makes Australian's bad losers though does it

Not at all. I dont think they have been any worse than usual (test cricket not withstanding)

Theres quite a bit of history with Jana Pitman as she was going back to Sydney 2000 i believe. That was before she married an Englishman and moved to Blighty...

She didn't play the media game over here and was chastised becasue of it

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
Not at all. I dont think they have been any worse than usual (test cricket not withstanding)

Theres quite a bit of history with Jana Pitman as she was going back to Sydney 2000 i believe. That was before she married an Englishman and moved to Blighty...

Hello mate. How are things with you. Have the Melbourne Seagulls met up recently?

Willow

Jul 6, 2003
Didcot

She struggled with an injury in the run up to Athens. Again, nothing she did particularly wrong, just the way she was portrayed in the papers.

She's back in Australia now I think. My wife is a friend of hers.

Do the Aussies really have a problem that she married a 'pom'? Haha, good work, Jana.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here