Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Songs that make you go Aaaarrgh!!!!

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
I hardly ever listen to radio, it's mostly utter crap. Chart stuff, the same three golden oldies, RnB, urban, rap... I don't have time for any of that shite.

I buy what I like to listen to, and with well over 1000 albums in the house am able to pick pretty much anything for any mood and stick it on.

And no, I'm not 'missing out on hearing new artists' by not listening to the radio.

I read music magazines and websites (I highly recommend www.pitchforkmedia.com for example), go to concerts and talk to people with similar tastes to find new things.

virgirlo

Jun 2, 2004
London
usually the stuff the twat in the corner of my office plays. his musical taste is so bad, but what makes it worse is his constant whistling and off-tune singing to every bloody song! :angry:

chips and gravy

Jan 5, 2004
worthing
I just thought of a few more

Hello by Lionel Richie
I Just Called to Say I Love You by Stevie Wonder
My Heart Will Go On Dand On (listen - that's what she sings) by Celine Dion
Anything by Westlife, Blue, Boyzone and Atomic Kitten

Incidentally my wife has a pathological hatred of Bon Jovi

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Gloria Gaynor - I Will Survive. Gets the instant off button treatment

chips and gravy

Jan 5, 2004
worthing
pasty said:
Gloria Gaynor - I Will Survive. Gets the instant off button treatment

God how could I have forgotten that one? Aaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrrrggggggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
The Large One said:
Mariah Carey / Celine Dion / Whitney Houston are beyond contempt. They can't sing, their voices are as graceful as flying shit, and they do it far too loud. Carey's version of 'Without You', itself a great song with a tragic history, really should not have been done - and if I ever meet her, I will stick my fist as far down her throat as I can put it. If only for that travesty - but unfortunately she is guilty of several more.
Oh come on TLO.
I'm not Mariah Careys biggest fan by any means (all her songs sound too similar to me), but you can't tell me that the woman can't sing - I think thats harsh. And I would gladly ram parts of my anatomy in any one of her orifices, but my fist down her throat would be fairly low on the list given that she's an absolute FOX.

Oh, and I quite like her version of Without You. In fact, I'm reaching for my candle as I type.

Soul Finger

May 12, 2004
Shout by Lulu. Jesus christ that winds me up no end.

Lighthouse Family and Toploader, complete and utter shite.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Easy 10 said:
Oh come on TLO.
I'm not Mariah Careys biggest fan by any means (all her songs sound too similar to me), but you can't tell me that the woman can't sing - I think thats harsh. And I would gladly ram parts of my anatomy in any one of her orifices, but my fist down her throat would be fairly low on the list given that she's an absolute FOX.

Oh, and I quite like her version of Without You. In fact, I'm reaching for my candle as I type.

Easy, I sometimes think you don't actually deserve to have ears. Badfinger's and Harry Nilsson's versions are heart-string tugging angst at its purest. Mariah Carey came along and her best effort was to try and hit the notes - which she failed miserably at - and it was certainly without feeling.

And as for that 'I don't do stairs' shit. Jeez. She actually asked all the staff and performers on Top of the Pops to applaud her as she walked through the corridors on to the stage. What a f***ing nutter.

She might be a FOX to look at, and I would happily blow her back doors open, as long as she kept her festering trap SHUT. Perhaps a gag might be in order.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
The Large One said:
Easy, I sometimes think you don't actually deserve to have ears. Badfinger's and Harry Nilsson's versions are heart-string tugging angst at its purest. Mariah Carey came along and her best effort was to try and hit the notes - which she failed miserably at - and it was certainly without feeling.
Are we talking about that Live version they show on VH1 (the fogeys channel) ? She absolutely NAILS that song ! I get a lump in my throat (and my pants) just thinking about it.

And as for that 'I don't do stairs' shit. Jeez. She actually asked all the staff and performers on Top of the Pops to applaud her as she walked through the corridors on to the stage. What a f***ing nutter.
Tabloid rubbish. She is an absolute sweetie - these prima-donna stories in the press are all bollocks. She clips old mens toenails and cooks chicken nuggets and chips for the homeless, but THAT never gets reported. Oh no.

She might be a FOX to look at, and I would happily blow her back doors open, as long as she kept her festering trap SHUT. Perhaps a gag might be in order.
Come on TLO, don't tell me you wouldn't LOVE to have her hitting those high notes while you batter away from behind. Its the stuff dreams are made of. At this rate, I may have to book an appointment with you on Monday, straight after Richies 'Working to Deadlines - An Idiots Guide', to discuss Ms Careys obvious merits with you.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
that song wher that bird shouts " I hate you so much" is fecking annoying.

Mrs Dave the gaffer hates the bo selecta song by Craig david.

Anything that tries to be pretentious...ie most modern music

dave the geriatric:salute:

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
MYOB

its the song that goes...biddly biddly bong, when the crowd says xxxx selecta" or something like that.

It was craig david wasn't it?

Cian

Jul 16, 2003
Dublin, Ireland
Its Re-e-wind, not biddly biddly bong, and yes, Craig David is singing part of it, but its the Artful Dodger

Its still pretty crap though.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here