Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Songs that make you go Aaaarrgh!!!!

chips and gravy

Jan 5, 2004
worthing
I turn off anything by Michael Jackson, Eminem (Mr Tedious), actually come to think of it most rap stuff (although Eminem is particularly objectionable), Meat Loaf, The Lighthouse Family, Human League and Cliff Richard. Also Shiny Happy People by REM - what possessed them to make that pile of shit?

Mostly though I don't bother with music radio - I get fed up with inane chatter/ cutting off the end of record/ bloody adverts/ news bulletins etc

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
chips and gravy said:
I turn off anything by Michael Jackson, Eminem (Mr Tedious), actually come to think of it most rap stuff (although Eminem is particularly objectionable), Meat Loaf, The Lighthouse Family, Human League and Cliff Richard. Also Shiny Happy People by REM - what possessed them to make that pile of shit?

Mostly though I don't bother with music radio - I get fed up with inane chatter/ cutting off the end of record/ bloody adverts/ news bulletins etc

You need to listen to Fip, the radio station which broadcasts from Paris. No chit-chat, no ads, just music. Superb array of musical styles.

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
beautiful south - songs for whoever
blue - whatever they do
destinys child- whatever they do
any r n b

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
On the Left Wing said:
Lady in Red by Chris de Burgh

I'll second that - a complete load of bollox :angry: :angry:

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Coldplay .... Arrrrrggghhhhh ! Wimp rock sucks like a turbo charged Hoover.

METALMICKY

Jan 30, 2004
Barnet Seagull said:
Nirvana - Smells like teen spirit

Surely you are joking!:eek:

I don'y buy into all the bollox about Cobain being some kind of visionary and Nirvana were serioulsy overrated. Having said that 'SLTS' is just one of those one off classics with a gloriously simple but powerful guitar riff that just makes you want to jump around.

As for songs that drive me nuts probably to mant to list but i'd have to say Stevie Wonder's ' I just called to say i love you' really grates:censored:

Barnet Seagull

Luxury Player
Jul 14, 2003
Falmer, soon...
METALMICKY said:
Surely you are joking!:eek:

I don'y buy into all the bollox about Cobain being some kind of visionary and Nirvana were serioulsy overrated. Having said that 'SLTS' is just one of those one off classics with a gloriously simple but powerful guitar riff that just makes you want to jump around.

As for songs that drive me nuts probably to mant to list but i'd have to say Stevie Wonder's ' I just called to say i love you' really grates:censored:

Nope.

Sorry.

I didn't much care for the song at first and after hearing it solidly for close to 15 years now, enough is enough. Ditto House of Pain.

If it's classic jumping around music of that era, it's Out of Space by the Prodigy

caz99

Jun 2, 2004
Sompting
yeah love shack and that shitty baby cakes

and sorry but these words by natasha bedingfield is just about been exhausted now.

tinx

Jul 6, 2003
Horsham Town
Angels by Robbie Williams. It actually makes my skin crawl.

Anything else by Robbie williams.

Tom Bombadil

Jul 14, 2003
Jibrovia
My partner likes to watch Charmed (which is shit, but that's another matter) and it's theme tune is a cover of How Soon Is Now by the Smiths. I love the original, but the cover manages to completely drain all emotion and subtlety out of it. I hate it

Oh and anything by Celine Dion,

or Whitney Houston

Or Westlife

or that was produced by Stock,Aitken and Waterman

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
Guaranteed to make me change radio station on my way in to work are;
Shapeshifters
Goldie Looking Chain
Baby cakes.