Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Sol Campbell sues Portsmouth...

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Sol Campbell is a tosser for doing this right now. He could have waited until they were on an even keel, and if that never, ever happened then how much of a difference would it really make to him?

But ultimately if Campbell is a tosser, then the people who got that club into this mess are literally about 100 times worse. And the same goes for their "marvellous" fans, NONE of whom seemed to see this happening when they were finishing in the top half of the Premiership and winning the FA Cup. Where was their version of Paul Samrah, poring over their accounts at the time? Where is their Ian Hart? All I see is a march of about 50 people fronted by a bunch of nerds including that embarrasing dork in the stupid tall hat and the f***ing bell who looks like an even uglier version of Blackadder.

You wait - in a few months, the begging buckets will come out across the country and it'll be "poor old Pompey" everywhere they go. Then some new rich Arab will by their shit club and it'll be back to bragging about their recent cup win and Premiership history and talking bollocks about how they could get 40,000 at home if they had the stadium. :tosser: :tosser: :tosser: :tosser:

Last edited:

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Sol Campbell is a tosser for doing this right now. He could have waited until they were on an even keel, and if that never, ever happened then how much of a difference would it really make to him?

But ultimately if Campbell is a tosser, then the people who got that club into this mess are literally about 100 times worse. And the same goes for their "marvellous" fans, NONE of whom seemed to see this happening when they were finishing in the top half of the Premiership and winning the FA Cup.

You wait - in a few months, the begging buckets will come out across the country and it'll be "poor old Pompey" everywhere they go. Then some new rich Arab will by their shit club and it'll be back to bragging about their recent cup win and Premiership history and talking bollocks about how they could get 40,000 at home if they had the stadium. :tosser: :tosser: :tosser: :tosser:

I wouldn`t give up on 1.6 mill if Pompey owed me it. I`d rather it went anywhere then resting with that bunch of c.unts.

and as for them being allowed to buy players again ? No f.ucking way until they`ve paid everyone up.

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley

But if they go into administration, don't they come out the other side as a different company?

I agree with the vast majority of your points (in fact pretty much the whole post), but I guess that Campbell has to do this now because if they do go into administration before he puts he claim in he will see nothing at all.

Last edited:

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
But if they go into administration, don't they come out the other side as a different company?

I agree with the vast majority of your points (in fact pretty much the whole post), but I guess that Campbell has to do this now because if they do go into administration before he puts he claim in he will see nothing at all.

I've no time for Portsmouth but think it's a very ill-advised move from Campbell. What the heck is 1.7m to him? Portsmouth are on the brink ffs, what a twat.

And Pavillionaire - David Beckham and 'class' DO NOT go in the same sentence!!

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location

But why should Campbell write off what he's owed by PFC, when every other player has got their wedge ? (abeit some of the current mob have to keep waiting for theirs). As others have said, if they go into administration and come out the other side as another company (as will probably be the case), then he can kiss goodbye to any chance of EVER seeing the money he was owed. As it stands he'll be lucky if ever gets paid.

Agree with the rest of your post mind.

HseagullsH

NSC's tipster
May 15, 2008
Brighton
Campbell was on about £100,000k a week at the Arse first time round because they didnt have to pay a transfer fee.

So whilst yes Beckham probably has more money Solomon isnt exactly worrying where his next fiver is coming from!

I might be wrong but I thought Arsenal kept to a pay structure which meant nothing more than £60,000 a week wages. Fabregas is on that I think and the reason Adebayor wanted to leave was Arsenal refusing to break their wages policy for one player..

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
550898.jpg

Anything that makes this twat unhappy pleases me, so even though I think SC is a tosser and not at all gay, I hope he suceeds

I really don't see why everyone on here hates Fred Dinenage so much.He seems like a decent bloke to me.(apart from supporting them)

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
But why should Campbell write off what he's owed by PFC, when every other player has got their wedge ? (abeit some of the current mob have to keep waiting for theirs). As others have said, if they go into administration and come out the other side as another company (as will probably be the case), then he can kiss goodbye to any chance of EVER seeing the money he was owed. As it stands he'll be lucky if ever gets paid.

Agree with the rest of your post mind.
Oh I don't think he should really. But if I was him, I'd be thinking "if I get my 1.7m then the tealadies don't get paid" or "I'll be villified for this, and it's not like I need the money" or even "oh well, they paid me a fortune while I was there".

But as I say, it's his choice and it's his money. This is why it should not disguise the fact that the club's owners are the real villains of the piece, and the lack of fan interest in where the money was coming from is absolutely shocking.

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west

Pompey seem to be about as stable on their keel as the Mary Rose was all those years ago, what if they also sink without trace, surely it is better for Sol to pursue his money whilst there is still a faint chance that he might get some.

If your employer didn't pay you your full salary, would you just shrug your shoulders and walk away or take every possible step to get it? I know what I would do, precisely what Sol is doing!

CliveWalkerWingWizard

Aug 31, 2006
surrenden
The timing of the claim is probably due to the fact that Pompey may go into administartion - he will thwn gwt paid as an outstanding debt. Who knows how long he has been trying to get this money ? a debt is a debt - why should he have any loyalty if he has not been paid ?

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
The fans were not asking how Portsmouth were able to afford the money - neither did the players.

Are any of them surprised they are not getting all their money ?

Give it up Sol - there is nothing there to get - and you just end up looking a greedy git.

Screaming J

He'll put a spell on you
Jul 13, 2004
Exiled from the South Country
I'm an Albion fan though my family is from Enfield, so Spurs my second team. But that makes no odds - Campbell could have signed for anyone but he chose Arsenal. Similarly, I think Ashley Cole should not have signed for Chelsea.

Sorry, I'm a bit off the pace here. Are you saying that:-

(1) as far as Spurs fans are concerned its OK for their players to move to anyone but Arsenal

but

(2) as far as Arsenal fans are concerned its OK for their players to move to anyone but Chelsea?

I'm a bit confused!!

itszamora

Go Jazz Go
Sep 21, 2003
London
Pompey seem to be about as stable on their keel as the Mary Rose was all those years ago, what if they also sink without trace, surely it is better for Sol to pursue his money whilst there is still a faint chance that he might get some.

If your employer didn't pay you your full salary, would you just shrug your shoulders and walk away or take every possible step to get it? I know what I would do, precisely what Sol is doing!

Nail on the head. Entirely the club's fault for promising money they couldn't pay.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Sorry, I'm a bit off the pace here. Are you saying that:-

(1) as far as Spurs fans are concerned its OK for their players to move to anyone but Arsenal

but

(2) as far as Arsenal fans are concerned its OK for their players to move to anyone but Chelsea?

I'm a bit confused!!

What I'm saying is that, in my opinion, local homegrown players who spend years at the clubs that gave them their opportunity as pros, become idols in the eyes of the fans (esp. the kids), become full internationals, maybe even captain the side and who who then jump ship to the arch rivals next door ARE c.unts.

It's bad enough with the likes of Tevez and Gallas who are foreign, but local boys - no, I'm sorry, it's not on.

I hate Arsenal but Ashley Cole saying he was insulted by being offered £55K a week, then going to Chelsea, is pretty bad for Arsenal fans who idolised him for being local and about their only English player.

Philcounty

Feb 25, 2009
Congleton
Just to present you with an interesting contrast; when Carl Bakers deal with Coventry had been agreed Carl Baker handed in a transfer request meaning Stockport County were not liable to pay him certain bonuses that he was contracted to receive. He is a true gent unlike Campbell who in my opinion is a bit of a ****.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here