Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Brighton] Soho House will be opening late Summer

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Was it Koba next to Waitrose? I was a member there for a while. Lived round the corner and the thought of being joining a member's only bar appealed in my younger days.

Like all the places I have mentioned, I only went as they offered a post 11pm drinking alternative to clubs. I liked Koba, it was chilled and was pleasant and useful for a date.

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I don't think Palmers was a members club, we used to go in a fair bit at some point during the 90s and would never have signed up for anything like that. (Incidentally it had been a den for years, there's a YT video from 1960 about the scourge of teenagers, beatnik etc which was filmed there)

I remember the one next to Waitrose when it was the Fars Bar and it had the club upstairs. Maybe 98/99?

And no, I will not be joining Soho House, thanks.

Sent from my SM-A715F using Tapatalk

I remember seeing that early 60’s footage of the Beatnik’s there. One of my uncles was one of the punters!

D'Angelo Saxon

SW19ULLS
Jul 30, 2004
SW19
If was a place for messy nights; I think we’re talking about the same place. No one went there for a quiet drink....or went before midnight.

That'd be the place! 😂 I've got a vague feeling it was a Worm Jam night if anyone remembers them?

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
If was a place for messy nights; I think we’re talking about the same place. No one went there for a quiet drink....or went before midnight.

My then girlfriend, now Mrs GB lived on Regency Square. We tried all of them over time. I had part of my stag do in one of them but I now can't remember which one it was (or, indeed, very much of my stag do).

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here