Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Soccer Aid

empire

Dec 1, 2003
dreamland
didnt john barnes and peter beardsley play last year?

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Why can't they just have an England ex pros vs retired players from the rest of the world.

Because it's for charity and they want it to appeal to everyone and not just to football fans. People like Ollie Murs will get the X Factor fans watching, for example. It's not about the best quality of football, it's about the charity.

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
You're embarrassing yourself chapman. Is charity football at a time when half the football world are worried about getting themselves to South Africa.

Oh, and as Williams is the founder of the charity I think he's allowed to bring in his mates.

empire

Dec 1, 2003
dreamland
Again, what would you expect? Beckham-esque crosses? Come on.

Oh, and other thing, I NEVER suggested signing him up. That was just stupid.

read the thread again then,someone thinks we should sign him up on tonights performance,i stated,i havent seen ONE decent cross,but might have missed it,havent mentioned beckham,but if a young 22? year old that wears his socks like ronaldo and has played semi pro footy,why cant he pull of a 20 yard cross,as i said utter tosh

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
Twats on this thread. You do realise this event will raise millions for those who really need it, and you are moaning. good god some of you never cease to amaze me.

empire

Dec 1, 2003
dreamland
no i dont,im a thick 43 year old geek,but i do know that if a poster states,oli muirs is good sign him up,then i feel in the interests of pissing my pants,i will post on here.As for moaning,ahh let me see where i moaned....... didnt think so,

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
no i dont,im a thick 43 year old geek,but i do know that if a poster states,oli muirs is good sign him up,then i feel in the interests of pissing my pants,i will post on here.As for moaning,ahh let me see where i moaned....... didnt think so,

IT. WAS. A. JOKE. :wozza:

2-2 :tantrum:

Captain Haddock

Aug 2, 2005
The Deep Blue Sea
Is it just me or is Shearer still looking in decent shape?...sign him up on a year deal! Would attract younger strikers of note based on his presence alone, aside from his old head experience being worth a few goals.

???

empire

Dec 1, 2003
dreamland
soz mate,didnt realise you didnt mean that:lol:,must be the way you posted it:D

sam86

Feb 18, 2009
Is it just me or is Shearer still looking in decent shape?...sign him up on a year deal! Would attract younger strikers of note based on his presence alone, aside from his old head experience being worth a few goals.

???

Sheringham has looked incredible IMO.

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
Sign Lara up for Sussex.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
read the thread again then,someone thinks we should sign him up on tonights performance,i stated,i havent seen ONE decent cross,but might have missed it,havent mentioned beckham,but if a young 22? year old that wears his socks like ronaldo and has played semi pro footy,why cant he pull of a 20 yard cross,as i said utter tosh

Come on mate. Football is a harder game than it seems on TV. It's actually very difficult culturing a cross, the second of thought is the difference between those of us who watch, and those of us who play. Just the split second of thought. It's much harder than it looks.

But I do fear your missing the spirit of the game, and the cause. Which is a shame, because it's a bloody good laugh for those of us enjoying the game. :)

empire

Dec 1, 2003
dreamland
Come on mate. Football is a harder game than it seems on TV. It's actually very difficult culturing a cross, the second of thought is the difference between those of us who watch, and those of us who play. Just the split second of thought. It's much harder than it looks.

But I do fear your missing the spirit of the game, and the cause. Which is a shame, because it's a bloody good laugh for those of us enjoying the game. :)
so i didnt mention beckham? or say that i expect him to be like beckham?just commented that for someone who has played semi pro,he cant cross for toffee,but as for missing the point naa,ive texted twice tonight,well the kids have,so im happy i paid for 2 mozzi nets:thumbsup:,but saying that,i also voted twice on bgt:lolol:

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
so i didnt mention beckham? or say that i expect him to be like beckham?just commented that for someone who has played semi pro,he cant cross for toffee,but as for missing the point naa,ive texted twice tonight,well the kids have,so im happy i paid for 2 mozzi nets:thumbsup:,but saying that,i also voted twice on bgt:lolol:

No, I was just making the comparison and saying it's unrealistic to expect brilliant crosses. I think you have missed the point in the game, if not the cause. But each to their own, the important thing is texting in.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here