Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

So whos contracts should we NOT renew at the end of the season?

Mr Burns

Aug 25, 2003
Springfield
even if those contracts were awarded mid-season, they were either under special circumstances(such as bridcutt only initially getting a 5 month deal) or when theyre not in the first team (dunk at the start of 2011). and thats only 3 contracts out of a squad of 22 or so?? the evidence isn't exactly backing you up is it? and no murray's case was slightly different. it was near enough the end of the season and the title was wrapped up so contract negotations were started just before the end of the season. if you want to be anal about it and call that mid-season then go ahead.
The point is, if Poyet wants to extend the contract of a player mid seasos, then he will.

None of them were special circumstances. They all had contracts that expired at the end of the season, just as Ashley Barnes has now. Yet Poyet has choosen not extend it, thus risking him signing for another club.... tomorrow if he wishes.

So to say QUOTE "for anyone to suggest barnes shouldnt or wont get a new contract is ridiculous. " is a stupid comment, as surely you would extend that to Poyet as well, baring in mind Barnes could go and sign for another team. Maybe, just maybe, Poyet doesn't see him as a long term fixture in the squad, and therefore will either release him, or offer him peanuts to stay. He may offer him a new contract tomorrow (therefore further blowing your opinion of the way we offer contracts out of the water), a mid season offer like he did with El-Abd, Bridcutt and Dunk (and probably more than I can't think of right now).

If you beleive that Murray was only offered a new contract at the end of the season, then I would suggest to quote you again, "having my head shoved up my own arse hole ". He was given a take it or leave it offer at the end of the season, as the absolute highest price we were willing to pay, but the inital contract was offered/spoke about before the transfer window opened last season.

No either you are on a wind up here (in which case well done you've got a bite) or your taking complete shit.

Jan 18, 2012
The point is, if Poyet wants to extend the contract of a player mid seasos, then he will.

None of them were special circumstances. They all had contracts that expired at the end of the season, just as Ashley Barnes has now. Yet Poyet has choosen not extend it, thus risking him signing for another club.... tomorrow if he wishes.

So to say QUOTE "for anyone to suggest barnes shouldnt or wont get a new contract is ridiculous. " is a stupid comment, as surely you would extend that to Poyet as well, baring in mind Barnes could go and sign for another team. Maybe, just maybe, Poyet doesn't see him as a long term fixture in the squad, and therefore will either release him, or offer him peanuts to stay. He may offer him a new contract tomorrow (therefore further blowing your opinion of the way we offer contracts out of the water), a mid season offer like he did with El-Abd, Bridcutt and Dunk (and probably more than I can't think of right now).

If you beleive that Murray was only offered a new contract at the end of the season, then I would suggest to quote you again, "having my head shoved up my own arse hole ". He was given a take it or leave it offer at the end of the season, as the absolute highest price we were willing to pay, but the inital contract was offered/spoke about before the transfer window opened last season.

No either you are on a wind up here (in which case well done you've got a bite) or your taking complete shit.

my god you are tiresome. i have just proved you wrong about the contracts yet you still pipe up about them. and my comment about barnes (you know, our top scorer who plays near enough every game and is regularly praised by gus) deserving a contract is right. If poyet doesn't give him a contract at the end of the season then you can stick your 2 fingers up and ill f*** off but it wont happen. you will have been proved wrong yet again.

why are you still going on about murray?!?! the bulk of the negotiations were done when we had the title sewn up and it was spoken about mid-season. you said it yourself it was spoken about, not negotiated! the contract was formalised and discussed properly at the end of the season. I have disbanded every bit of 'evidence' you claim to have.

Are you really this stupid to continue trying to argue this point? its pointless anyway as you know i am right, youre just too proud and over-protective of your ego to admit it.

you really are great entertainment by the way..i wish had the time to read your other 5000 posts???

:tosser:

Mr Burns

Aug 25, 2003
Springfield
my god you are tiresome. i have just proved you wrong about the contracts yet you still pipe up about them. and my comment about barnes (you know, our top scorer who plays near enough every game and is regularly praised by gus) deserving a contract is right. If poyet doesn't give him a contract at the end of the season then you can stick your 2 fingers up and ill f*** off but it wont happen. you will have been proved wrong yet again.

why are you still going on about murray?!?! the bulk of the negotiations were done when we had the title sewn up and it was spoken about mid-season. you said it yourself it was spoken about, not negotiated! the contract was formalised and discussed properly at the end of the season. I have disbanded every bit of 'evidence' you claim to have.

Are you really this stupid to continue trying to argue this point? its pointless anyway as you know i am right, youre just too proud and over-protective of your ego to admit it.

you really are great entertainment by the way..i wish had the time to read your other 5000 posts???

:tosser:
I dont doubt Barnes will get a contract. Probably one year, I'd be amazed at 2. But if he was that important, he'd already be tied down.

You dont know the situation with Murray. The contract talks were ongoing from earlier in the season. How do you know the bulk of the negotations were done at the end of the season. Now who making things up? Where's the evidence you speak of? How can you as a new posterm demand evidence of people, yet offer none yourself. So how do you know about the Murray situation. Or it is just hearsay to try and prove your point. We offered him a final take it or leave it deal at the end of the season, which as we all know he left. That doesn't suggest to me the bulk of the negatations were done at the end of the season.

You''ve made 20 posts, but most of them are having digs at people who disagree with you.

YOu call Brezovan shit, then you don't, then you used too, then you didn't. And you want people to believe you know what you are taking about?

It could be a case of what you are thinking, and what you are typing, are two different things.

Either way you are coming over as a bit of a cock.

Mr Burns

Aug 25, 2003
Springfield
i do agree with you there about players needing a run in the side. i didnt say he was shit(i dont think), just he has been shite in the past. as i have said he has been good recently, but if we are to progress up to a higher level, then a new goalkeeper is necessary as he doesnt have all the qualities required to be a top class keeper. being a keeper during recent times at the club isn't just about making the odd good save. we let very few shots reach the goal and he hasn't really been tested over a period of time. a keeper in this team needs to not just be a good shot stopper, but to be composed, great kicker, commanding and a great handler of the ball. these are the qualities that brezovan sadly lacks.
See this one also makes me think you are on a wind up.

Granted I wouold try and sign a top keeper, but how can you say he is shit or been shit or was shit or whatever the f*** you're trying to say, and then say he's been good recently? He's only played regulary (as you yourself admit a player needs) recently, so how can you make a statement that he was/is/ shit, when he only played the odd games over the past 18 months.

I haven't seen a more composed laid back keeper at the Amex this season. Perhaps at times too relaxed
His handling since he's been back as been premiership class. (All I can think of against that is the ball that went though his hands on Saturday, which at first glance looked like El-Abd getting in his way). But aother than that, he can come an got some very awkard balls in the box, high and low, and his handling has been spot on
On the whole his kicking (albeit it he looks like he's going to fall over his own legs everytime he kicks the ball) has been very good
From my seat the back four look a lot more comfortable with him in goal, so would suggest his commanding the box isn't lacking too much either.

So you don't think Brevovan is good enough for the next level, but you think AShley Barnes is? Both will no doubt get another year, and one the whole both will probably deserve it, but I think Brezovan will have a bigger part to play over the next season or two than Ashley will.

Jan 18, 2012
I dont doubt Barnes will get a contract. Probably one year, I'd be amazed at 2. But if he was that important, he'd already be tied down.

You dont know the situation with Murray. The contract talks were ongoing from earlier in the season. How do you know the bulk of the negotations were done at the end of the season. Now who making things up? Where's the evidence you speak of? How can you as a new posterm demand evidence of people, yet offer none yourself. So how do you know about the Murray situation. Or it is just hearsay to try and prove your point. We offered him a final take it or leave it deal at the end of the season, which as we all know he left. That doesn't suggest to me the bulk of the negatations were done at the end of the season.

You''ve made 20 posts, but most of them are having digs at people who disagree with you.

YOu call Brezovan shit, then you don't, then you used too, then you didn't. And you want people to believe you know what you are taking about?

It could be a case of what you are thinking, and what you are typing, are two different things.

Either way you are coming over as a bit of a cock.

what so you want me to provide recordings of conversations of the contract talks and signed & dated paperwork of the proceedings? are you retarded? im sorry, my lowly number of 20 posts must mean my opinion holds no weight against the great gods of nsc. dont tell me you were sad enough to trawl through to find each of my posts :lolol: and youre talking out your arse with the brezovan bit. i dont need people to think anything of me. youre the one desperate for a bit of attention. you make up a load of shit to back up your hilariously misguided view then when disproved, you still hark on about it.

youve tried to make a point and an arguement, but its frankly all bullshit. now youre simply calling me a cock for proving you know very little about the subject and probably football altogether. im glad ive only encountered you online, as i fear the real thing could be even more exhausting.

im leaving this for a while..i need to go out and refresh myself with a taste of the world outside of internet messageboards and people like you. im sure you'll carry on in the same vein though, making yourself look big, scary and important by pathetically trying to impose youre woefully embarrassing opinions on people like me and shouting down whatever ever i have to say because i havent reached the 99999999th post mark. what a f***ing life you live.

Mr Burns

Aug 25, 2003
Springfield
what so you want me to provide recordings of conversations of the contract talks and signed & dated paperwork of the proceedings? are you retarded? im sorry, my lowly number of 20 posts must mean my opinion holds no weight against the great gods of nsc. dont tell me you were sad enough to trawl through to find each of my posts :lolol: and youre talking out your arse with the brezovan bit. i dont need people to think anything of me. youre the one desperate for a bit of attention. you make up a load of shit to back up your hilariously misguided view then when disproved, you still hark on about it.

youve tried to make a point and an arguement, but its frankly all bullshit. now youre simply calling me a cock for proving you know very little about the subject and probably football altogether. im glad ive only encountered you online, as i fear the real thing could be even more exhausting.

im leaving this for a while..i need to go out and refresh myself with a taste of the world outside of internet messageboards and people like you. im sure you'll carry on in the same vein though, making yourself look big, scary and important by pathetically trying to impose youre woefully embarrassing opinions on people like me and shouting down whatever ever i have to say because i havent reached the 99999999th post mark. what a f***ing life you live.
Not trying to look big and scary mate, but that opening line comfirms you are a complete cock of the highest order.

You try and be funny by saying do I want recording of the conversations, yet that is exactly what you are hinting that I should provide earlier. Can you not understand how you are making yourself look a complete fool.

Of course you are not going to talk about Brezovan, as you've already make yourself out to be a complete idiot on that one as well, yet when someone questions you, without just using sacasim or insults, you run away.

And why would you think I'm sad enough to trawl though NSC to read your threads. The ones I refered to are all in this thread, which I have read in full. Not hard to work out is it? I doubt if you've ever posted outside this thread by the looks of it.

You have a very high opinion of yourself, but you haven't grasped the principl of a discussion yet. Funnily enough you will find some people are on here a large part of the day, as they have it on at work. As I pay my wages, I can choose how to spend my time at work, and checking these boards every now and again is easy. Also easy to see quotes people make, in case you have managed to work that out yet. So I spend about 15 minutes a day or here. Hardly sad is it!

But as you are yet to prove, you know everything about everything.

I still fail to understand how you proved I know very little on the subject, yet claim to know everything yourself.... without proof. I think you fail to understand what proof is.

But as you still cannot explain whether you said Brezovan is shit or not, I'm not surprised.

Like I said, you clearly have no idea what you are talking about, or your brain is thinking one thing, but your finger type something else. Either way, a very strange poster. :moo:

matthew

Sep 20, 2009
Ovingdean, United Kingdom
Gonzalez - Who
Casper - Release
Poke - Release
Brez - Extend
Painter - Extend
Elphick - Release,
Navarro - Extend
Vicente - Extend
Barnes - Extend

Mr Burns

Aug 25, 2003
Springfield
and youre talking out your arse with the brezovan bit.
And I suppose the other users who pulled you up on the Brez comments are talking out of their arse as well.

Maybe I should give Gus a ring, and tell him that he's completely wrong to be playing Brezovan in a premeriship chasing side. When he asks why, I'll tell him some bell-end online said he's shit, and said bell-end can prove everything without proof, as he can prove everything by typing cause he's that special.

I doubt if thats the first time you've been discribed as "special " either.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
for information - Daniel East (DS Squad goalkeeper along with Mitch Walker) has just tweeted to say that Albion have offered to extend his contract.

Things clearly moving on the contract front so expect news to start leaking out in dribs and drabs............................................

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here