Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

So whos contracts should we NOT renew at the end of the season?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Gonzalez - cannot comment
Casper - release.
Poke - release.
Brez - keep
Painter - release.
Elphick - release.
Navarro - release.
Vicente - if he can stay fit until the end of the season I'd gamble and keep him for another year.
Barnes - keep.

BHA96

May 4, 2009
HH
Gonzalez- Can't Comment
Casper- Release
Poke- Release
Brez- 1 year contract
Painter- Realease, Not a bad defender but not enough pace to keep up with wingers in championship let alone where we wanna go
Elphick- 1 Year, he deserves a chance and 3-6 months seems to short
Navarro- 1 year
Vicente- every game he plays from now to the end of season he gets a month on his contract
Barnes- Still young, looks good behind the strikers can score goals, more importantly penalties 2 years

Walker- He already been told he can leave? so can't see an extension
Sampayo- 1 year, looked decent against wrexham, needs more first team action in the cup next year
Hall- 3 year, the new dunk!
Strong- Can't Comment
Branco- Can't Comment
Redwood- Can't Comment
Kasim-Same as Sampayo
Rodgers- Same as Sampayo
Simmonds- Weren't good enough for even the bench against wrexham but never seen him so can't comment
Barker- Can't Comment, But sounds good.
Adgestein- 3 year similar player to barnes i think
cumming-bart Can't Comment
vickers Can't Comment
Goodwin Can't Comment
Tuck Can't Comment
East Can't Comment

Mr Burns

Aug 25, 2003
Springfield
for anyone to suggest barnes shouldnt or wont get a new contract is ridiculous. people who slag him off game after game are clueless and showcase their laughable lack of knowledge of the game. and he hasnt received a contract yet because he's quite busy playing football. gus has stated in the past that he wouldnt deal with contracts until the season up and it makes sense. why disrupt the team's/player's/manager's focus to sort out someones contract. bigger clubs wont poach him as hes not the headline maker and he is very comitted to the club anyway.

and why are would we give brezovan a 3 year deal like is being suggested? apart from recent matches, he has been absolutely shite for us. despite this recent run of decent form, i still feel he is moments from disaster. if he keeps up this form, a one year extension would have been earned. The goalkeeping position is probably still our weakest link. we are desperate for a quality new keeper in the summer, something we really need to improve as a team. in casper and brez we have 2 very vulnerable keepers, one of them will go in the summer at least.
YOu suggest anyone who thinks Barnes isn't worth a new contract as clueless (even though he's free to sign a pre-contract at any club he wishes, and Gus Poyet hasn't seen fit to give him one yet, though he regualry extends contracts thoughtout the season), then you go and call a goalkeeper who only played a handful of cup games last season, and who has been in excellent form since his return to regular football this season as SHITE.

Gus does not deal with contracts until the when of the season for players he is not sure about. I'm sure Bridcutt, El-Abd and Dunk to name but a few signed new contracts mid season, as no doubt Noone will be doing soon. You tried to shout people down, but all you have done, is shown a complete lack of understanding of what is happening around you.

Bigger clubs wont poach Barnes. Mmmm I wonder why. From your comments, I would suggest your football knowledge comes from playing many hours on Football Manager 2012.

Who is it you say got a laughable lack of knowledge of the game?? :tosser:

Mr Burns

Aug 25, 2003
Springfield
I think you cant go far wrong in this sort of thing by looking at what Bensgrandad, Mr Burns and The Complete Badger suggest and doing the complete opposite.
So you would release Brev and Toby, and give contracts to 3 keepers who will never make the grad, and resign a left back who is probably now 4th choice, and cannot live with the pace of the championship...... mmmmmm glad you aint in charge

Jan 18, 2012
YOu suggest anyone who thinks Barnes isn't worth a new contract as clueless (even though he's free to sign a pre-contract at any club he wishes, and Gus Poyet hasn't seen fit to give him one yet, though he regualry extends contracts thoughtout the season), then you go and call a goalkeeper who only played a handful of cup games last season, and who has been in excellent form since his return to regular football this season as SHITE.

Gus does not deal with contracts until the when of the season for players he is not sure about. I'm sure Bridcutt, El-Abd and Dunk to name but a few signed new contracts mid season, as no doubt Noone will be doing soon. You tried to shout people down, but all you have done, is shown a complete lack of understanding of what is happening around you.

Bigger clubs wont poach Barnes. Mmmm I wonder why. From your comments, I would suggest your football knowledge comes from playing many hours on Football Manager 2012.

Who is it you say got a laughable lack of knowledge of the game?? :tosser:

You sir, are an idiot. How you come up with this stuff i will never know.Since when does Gus regularly extend contracts during a season? and why is there 'no doubt' that noone will sign a new contract soon? youve completely made that up and have no inside knowledge at all. He's just been in close contact with cardiff and many thought he was a goner so to turn round and suddenly sign a new contract would be a bit strange dont you think. you are the one who has shown a complete lack of understanding.nearly 5000 posts on an internet messageboard doesnt make you right:facepalm:

And onto the brezovan situation. the man is not upto top half championship standard and despite this recent good form, he still lacks in some key areas. he isn't commanding enough, struggles with his kicking and handling at times. i called him shite because he has been at times. youre only disagreeing with that because you want to have some sort of arguement and thats pretty pathetic of you.

I suspect youre one of these jumped up fans who could never play football, but watch it occasionally and therefore you think you are jose mourinho. if you could/ever did play at a decent level, you would be able to see what players like barnes bring to the team and you wouldnt have the wool pulled over your eyes by a few decent performances by our keeper.

I thank you for being such an ignorant moron as you give me the impotus to post on here. i cannot wait for your egotistical and unfounded reply.

CAPTAIN GREALISH

Jan 6, 2010
First team

Gonzalez - Can't comment
Casper - Release - Dropped twice in 2 months, time to move on
Poke - Release
Brez - 1 Year on current form, if he keeps it up to the end of the season 2 or 3 years
Painter - Release. About 4th choice now, and clearly not up to championship standard. brilliant league one defender though
Elphick - 3 months to prove fitness. I think this is nailed on anyway.
Navarro - Release
Vicente - New contract
Barnes - Release (he runs around, tries 100%, but is not on the same level as the rest of the squad, and playerswe will look to bring in) And before anyone starts, the club cannot think that highly of him, otherwise he'd have been sign up way before now.

Development & youth

Walker
Sampayo
Hall - 2 Years
Strong
Branco
Redwood
Kasim
Rodgers
Simmonds
Barker
Adgestein = 3 Years
cumming-bart
vickers
Goodwin
Tuck
East

Cannot comment on rest, and I don't think many of us should try, as I doubt if more than a handful could put their name to a picture
painter 4th chioce behind who? i dont think guss thinks that way

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
First team

Gonzalez- No idea
Casper- Release
Poke- Release
Brez- 1-year deal
Painter- Release
Elphick- time to prove fitness etc.
Navarro- Release
Vicente- Release, 1-year extension if he can play a decent amount in the rest of the season
Barnes- 3-year contract

Development & youth

Can't comment on most, but:

Walker
Sampayo
Hall- 3-year deal
Strong
Branco
Redwood
Kasim- 2-year deal
Rodgers
Simmonds
Barker- 2-year deal
Adgestein- 3-year deal
cumming-bart
vickers
Goodwin
Tuck
East

ees complicated no?

Apr 3, 2011
Hove, United Kingdom
You sir, are an idiot. How you come up with this stuff i will never know.Since when does Gus regularly extend contracts during a season? and why is there 'no doubt' that noone will sign a new contract soon? youve completely made that up and have no inside knowledge at all. He's just been in close contact with cardiff and many thought he was a goner so to turn round and suddenly sign a new contract would be a bit strange dont you think. you are the one who has shown a complete lack of understanding.nearly 5000 posts on an internet messageboard doesnt make you right:facepalm:

And onto the brezovan situation. the man is not upto top half championship standard and despite this recent good form, he still lacks in some key areas. he isn't commanding enough, struggles with his kicking and handling at times. i called him shite because he has been at times. youre only disagreeing with that because you want to have some sort of arguement and thats pretty pathetic of you.

I suspect youre one of these jumped up fans who could never play football, but watch it occasionally and therefore you think you are jose mourinho. if you could/ever did play at a decent level, you would be able to see what players like barnes bring to the team and you wouldnt have the wool pulled over your eyes by a few decent performances by our keeper.

I thank you for being such an ignorant moron as you give me the impotus to post on here. i cannot wait for your egotistical and unfounded reply.

Only idiot here is you im affraid.

Rohana

I'm.Actually.Dead.
Feb 16, 2010
Shoreham-By-Sea

I love how you type like a complete and utter bell-end (making numerous grammatical mistakes), and then try and look smart with your last sentence :lolol:

Mr Burns

Aug 25, 2003
Springfield

You're wrong on so many counts me old son.

I gave you three examples of when Poyet extended contracts midseason. Or did you convently forget to see that. He does it when necessary. I'll give them again, Dunk, El-Abd and Bridcutt. That's off the top of my head, I'm sure theres more. Despite what was said, Murray also would have signed mid season had he choosen to do so.

Also when one of your players is being coverted by another team, its not uncommon to offer him a better contract to stop him looking elsewhere. If we turned down the reported 1.2million, it would appear we value him, and in todays game players get rewarded, so I have no doubt he'll be offered a new contract soon.

With regards Brev, when has he been shit, other than when he was playing odd games here and there. He's not shit at all. He f***ed up at Stoke, and then Spurs. Hardly enough to outcast him is it?

If you knew the game, as you seem to think I don't, you would know players need a run in the side to show their true form. You cannot ask a player to play a game here and there, and then call him shit if he's not 100%. With a goalkeeper you can take that statement and treble it.

If you are going to post shit like yours, at least back it up with some content, as you still sound like a clueless Championship manager warrior.

Jan 18, 2012
I love how you type like a complete and utter bell-end (making numerous grammatical mistakes), and then try and look smart with your last sentence :lolol:

how anal can you get for pointing if someone misses out the odd comma or apostrophe..its an internet messageboard for f*** sake..get over yourself you sad little boy

Jan 18, 2012
You're wrong on so many counts me old son.

I gave you three examples of when Poyet extended contracts midseason. Or did you convently forget to see that. He does it when necessary. I'll give them again, Dunk, El-Abd and Bridcutt. That's off the top of my head, I'm sure theres more. Despite what was said, Murray also would have signed mid season had he choosen to do so.

Also when one of your players is being coverted by another team, its not uncommon to offer him a better contract to stop him looking elsewhere. If we turned down the reported 1.2million, it would appear we value him, and in todays game players get rewarded, so I have no doubt he'll be offered a new contract soon.

With regards Brev, when has he been shit, other than when he was playing odd games here and there. He's not shit at all. He f***ed up at Stoke, and then Spurs. Hardly enough to outcast him is it?

If you knew the game, as you seem to think I don't, you would know players need a run in the side to show their true form. You cannot ask a player to play a game here and there, and then call him shit if he's not 100%. With a goalkeeper you can take that statement and treble it.

If you are going to post shit like yours, at least back it up with some content, as you still sound like a clueless Championship manager warrior.

even if those contracts were awarded mid-season, they were either under special circumstances(such as bridcutt only initially getting a 5 month deal) or when theyre not in the first team (dunk at the start of 2011). and thats only 3 contracts out of a squad of 22 or so?? the evidence isn't exactly backing you up is it? and no murray's case was slightly different. it was near enough the end of the season and the title was wrapped up so contract negotations were started just before the end of the season. if you want to be anal about it and call that mid-season then go ahead.

i do agree with you there about players needing a run in the side. i didnt say he was shit(i dont think), just he has been shite in the past. as i have said he has been good recently, but if we are to progress up to a higher level, then a new goalkeeper is necessary as he doesnt have all the qualities required to be a top class keeper. being a keeper during recent times at the club isn't just about making the odd good save. we let very few shots reach the goal and he hasn't really been tested over a period of time. a keeper in this team needs to not just be a good shot stopper, but to be composed, great kicker, commanding and a great handler of the ball. these are the qualities that brezovan sadly lacks.

yet again you make a football manager related insult and i dont know why. maybe thats you're attempt at humour. i know the game very well and my views and opinions come from playing the game for a long time at a decent level, watching it for years and not having my head shoved up my own arse hole

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here