Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

So where will everyone be DRINKING pre-Amex fun?

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
If they can, Lewes FC could open their bar up too.

Lewes could do a lot worse than bring some of their conflicting home fixtures forward to a 12.15 KO if their league and opposition agree to it. The dripping pan is a great place to watch a game with a steep terrace behind the goal with the bar right next to it. I'd fancy taking in an early game, few beers then head to Falmer.

Definitely East Slope at the campus, my local plus 15 mins walk to the ground and everything you need en route (cashpoint, shops, Japs to abuse) although now I know about this Rottingdean shuttle I might just join Turkey and co for a few if I'm visiting my folks

Colossal Squid

Returning video tapes
Feb 11, 2010
Under the sea
I was thinking of beating the rush by heading up to Falmer early, perhaps getting one in the student's union at Brighton uni and then heading to the supporter's bar in the stadium as soon as it's open. Then I can relax

bennibenj

Mar 6, 2011
Sompting
will be good to see what prices in stadium are like, think that they will dictate as to when people get there for drinks at the stadium. so excited

I'll Get Me Coat

Feb 28, 2011
Worthing
Blue Parrot for me.
:clap::clap:

Is this the same Blue Parrot that seems to be in every town we play away games in ?

The one with the topless barmaids and all that stuff ?

Funny but there is no public house called the Blue Parrot in Lewes.

I spent 2 hours looking for a pub called the Blue Parrot in Nottingham last season after some idiot (or was that me, for looking) said it was the place to drink, never again :facepalm:

Bakesy

Farting for ENGLAND!!!
Feb 13, 2005
How would i know?I'm pissed.

D

Deleted User X18H

Crown & Anchor, Brewry Tap or The Station Hotel. Lest we forget.

D

Deleted User X18H

Any one think any pubs in Lewes or indeed Lewes Road (memories of The Ship) may put on some 'dancing entertainment'?

simmo

Feb 8, 2008
Lewes could do a lot worse than bring some of their conflicting home fixtures forward to a 12.15 KO if their league and opposition agree to it. The dripping pan is a great place to watch a game with a steep terrace behind the goal with the bar right next to it. I'd fancy taking in an early game, few beers then head to Falmer.

I know for a fact, that Lewes have asked to be away the weekends Brighton are at home. Can't see many, if any games conflicting.

Also as Lewes is east of Falmer, I can't see many away fans going there as the majority will come from the North and the West of Brighton. Think most will still go to Brighton itself as I am sure that is where they would buy their train tickets too (with the possible exception of knowlegable fans of London clubs). We shall see.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
I know for a fact, that Lewes have asked to be away the weekends Brighton are at home. Can't see many, if any games conflicting.

Also as Lewes is east of Falmer, I can't see many away fans going there as the majority will come from the North and the West of Brighton. Think most will still go to Brighton itself as I am sure that is where they would buy their train tickets too (with the possible exception of knowlegable fans of London clubs). We shall see.

I guess it would be sensible for the Rymans to ensure that there are a minimum of clashes, hence the non-league fixtures aren't out yet. I know Havant & Waterlooville try to ensure they have no clashes with Portsmouth as do Eastleigh with Southampton.

Still, if there was a clash, I'd get over to Lewes in an early KO scenario. As you say, everyone will be trying to get the trains to Brighton, whereas the trains to Lewes will probably be an easier bet. Who knows, all the transport could work like clockwork, certainly hope so.

Bisto

Getting older everyday
Oct 25, 2010
Brighton
I am sure the Newmarket on the A27 will be fully booked with away fans and then they will be shocked by the muddy walk to the stadium....

For the Newhaven guy the railway club will be the best as booze is a lot cheaper or the Engineer on the East side if your a 'local', or the Ark and Bridge on the West side

Bobby's Gull

DAFT Bint
Jul 6, 2003
Bed
pretty sure the landsdown is currently closed. Not sure if permenantly, tempory or just being "done up".....im awaiting a text from the landlord of the Elly who knows the score

It's closed at the mo as new people are taking it over.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
I was thinking of beating the rush by heading up to Falmer early, perhaps getting one in the student's union at Brighton uni and then heading to the supporter's bar in the stadium as soon as it's open. Then I can relax

There hasn't been a bar at Brighton uni for about four years.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here