Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

So where will everyone be DRINKING pre-Amex fun?

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
Lewes police are telling locals they are expecting approx 2500 extra 'guests' every other Saturday. The Lansdowne is going to be rammed.

Seems unlikely, if you're talking about drinking, as I doubt much more than about 10-20% in total go boozing before games, though I might be wrong.

Monsieur Le Plonk

Lethargy in motion
Apr 22, 2009
By a lake
Seems unlikely, if you're talking about drinking, as I doubt much more than about 10-20% in total go boozing before games, though I might be wrong.

It's not 'drinking' specific. That's the number they are expecting to be parking cars / changing trains before going to the games. Going to be a shock.

jevs

Mar 24, 2004
Preston Rock Garden
pretty sure the landsdown is currently closed. Not sure if permenantly, tempory or just being "done up".....im awaiting a text from the landlord of the Elly who knows the score

Monsieur Le Plonk

Lethargy in motion
Apr 22, 2009
By a lake
pretty sure the landsdown is currently closed. Not sure if permenantly, tempory or just being "done up".....im awaiting a text from the landlord of the Elly who knows the score

.......interior decoration would not be something I would recommend they undertake now.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Is there really sufficient capacity, or the ability to add sufficient capacity, to get 2500 people from Lewes -> Falmer between, say 1:00 and 2:30 on a Saturday?

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Thats probably why there are drinking facilities at the Amex.

I mean lets face, it if its reasonably priced (and it sounds like the club are catering for all) then why not just go direct to the stadium and have a few swift halves there.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
This Saturday, services at...

12:58, 13:14, 13:29, 13:44, 13:58, 14:14, 14:29 (and a 14:44 which might get you in just after kick-off)

Heading home, probably nicely full of shoppers already...

17:01, 17:19, 17:31, 17:49, 18:01, 18:19, 18:31 and 18:49.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Thats probably why there are drinking facilities at the Amex.

I mean lets face, it if its reasonably priced (and it sounds like the club are catering for all) then why not just go direct to the stadium and have a few swift halves there.

Indeed, which is why I said from 1pm. Regardless of the facilities, I can't see a great swell of people being there much before 1.

willingdon_seagull

Mar 5, 2008
Definitely NOT the Hikers Rest. What a dump and the clientele is not much better. Coming from the east, I think a few beers in the London and County 'spoons opposite Eastbourne station and then a couple pre match at Falmer will be good. 1304 from Eastbourne arrives Falmer at 1336 and with a seat probably guaranteed all the way. This will then leave time to walk to the stadium, put a bet on and enjoy some more drink!

:cheers:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here