Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

So what would you do if you were Dick Knight?

Harty

Jul 7, 2003
Sussex
What's the answer?

In my opinion changing the manager now is not the answer, the problems are more about confidence than ability.

On paper we have a good enough side for this division, I beleive we can still turn it round, even more so if the manager gets the backing in the transfer window.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
I think I would retire gracefully to be life president and let a new person run the club.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
What's the answer?

In my opinion changing the manager now is not the answer, the problems are more about confidence than ability.

On paper we have a good enough side for this division, I beleive we can still turn it round, even more so if the manager gets the backing in the transfer window.

I totally disagree with you and I can see Adams signing more Jamie Campbells than Robert Zamoras in the transfer window. The problems are that the manager does not seem to be getting across to the players how he wants them to play and we don't seem capable of changing tactics mid game to counter the oppositions changes or tactics that are finding us out. A couple of bad results I can live with but I can see no improvement in the team or play since the Bristol Rovers game. As I said on another thread I'd rather cut our losses and spend the money earmarked for transfers in paying Adams off.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Anyone we know?

Usual three words and no why would any owner want to know you ?

There will be plenty hovering around now Falmer is being built howere the credit crunch won't help finding the right sugar daddy.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Usual three words and no why would any owner want to know you ?

There will be plenty hovering around now Falmer is being built howere the credit crunch won't help finding the right sugar daddy.

Can't understand that. Would you care to try again?

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
There is no one hovering in the wings, the Albion as an investment, had always been, and will always continue to be, a financial millstone. Losses have been made in EACH of the last 30 years, and servicing £30 million of debt will mean even less money is available for the playing budget, as the projected interest charge exceeds the TOTAL wage bill for last season.

Wake up and smell Ernest's cheese folks.

Oct 20, 2004
walsall
What's the answer?

Should this not be titled, 'what should the board do'?, Knight as a chairman is the voice and therefore does not make decisions on his own (one would hope). Back in the summer this had disaster written all over it many would argue, however bringing Adams back to the club could have been done so differently as i have already mentioned before, they should have brought him back in a upstairs roll and now should save this Albion legend from ruin by moving him to such a roll. There is no doubt in my mind that Adams has the contacts to recruit players, this is an obvious strength amongst his many obvious weaknesses.

My concern about the January window is heavy, the squad is bursting with loan players who could be anywhere come January and where would we be then? Instead of requiring three players to rebuild we will need eight and we all know that will never happen.

So if Adams is moved upstairs, who will takeover? Those who say bring back Wilkins are absent with the fairies, I ask this, if they were Wilkins would they come back? As mentioned with Adams upstairs and with no team or tactic responsibilities let us get a new young manager in to benefit from Adams contacts, maybe forester or someone in the the di-matteo(sp?) mold, Poyet (sp?) or even Bergkamp. Forget all the journey and gravy train names being mentioned, they are continously out of a job for a reason! In fact the same reason why Adams was unemployed.

les dynam

Oct 10, 2008
Hove
harty how can you continue to back adams? he's been woeful second time round and clearly is not up to the job. bad signings, selections, tactics. terrible football. the idea of him re-shaping the squad scares me.

he has to go and knight has to admit he made a bad mistake and move to some sort of honoury position like club president or similar

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill
Knight should stay, Adams should stay, the clipboard kid should stay. Get over it.

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
A few weeks back someone was saying that we should give Adams 6 more games before deciding whether to keep him or not, three down...all lost...only three more to go.

Look what changing manager did for Spurs, we are in the same situation, they will probably stand more than a fair chance of making the UEFA cup...success for us would be avoiding relegation...it could have been so much better!

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
To lose dick knight as chairman would be a good thing for the future of the club,but lets all be very honest that when dick took over the club he was in a win win situation with nout to lose.

Hence the need for no more of this we would not have a club if it wasn't for knight bollocks:thud:

Deano's Invisible Pants

Mar 1, 2008
Over the years I've been one of Micky's biggest supporters and was delighted when he replaced Wilkins. I've defended him on here consistently. It does take time for new players to gel, and it's true that he has been in this position before with the club.

But last night, my faith finally evaporated. On paper, man for man, MK Dons may be slightly better than us, but there was a HUGE chasm between the two teams in terms of ability and application. Until Thornton came on, we didn't manage to put in one corner that beat the first man. Our defending was SHOCKING, non-existent in several cases. Our ability to thread a ball from midfield was conspicuous by its absence. He's had long enough to get these things right. Sorry, Micky, but I've lost the faith.

What would I do if I was Dick Knight? Tell Micky that he has until the New Year to show me that he's the right person for the job. If that proves not to be the case in the New Year, let's find a young, ambitious manager who has the credentials to take this great football club up the divisions and lead us out at Falmer.

withdeanwombat

Feb 17, 2005
Somersetshire
A few weeks back someone was saying that we should give Adams 6 more games before deciding whether to keep him or not, three down...all lost...only three more to go.

Look what changing manager did for Spurs, we are in the same situation, they will probably stand more than a fair chance of making the UEFA cup...success for us would be avoiding relegation...it could have been so much better!

Yeah.

When does Harry R. arrive?

withdeanwombat

Feb 17, 2005
Somersetshire
To lose dick knight as chairman would be a good thing for the future of the club,but lets all be very honest that when dick took over the club he was in a win win situation with nout to lose.

Hence the need for no more of this we would not have a club if it wasn't for knight bollocks:thud:

Nowt to lose except the club.

Minor detail,but that's where the devil lies,old chap.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here