Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

So what do some people on here actually want?

Basil Fawlty

Don't Mention The War
Blimey.

The sooner that everybody completely disregards the UTTER SHIT that gets posted on here about managers, tactics, etc, etc, etc....then so much the better.

I genuinely believe NSC has played a very large part in getting our last 3 or 4 managers sacked.

A few attention seeking internet gimps ( and you know who you are) who know f*** all about anything in life, let alone football management, does not by any stretch constitute the voice of the fans.

Well said Mart. :thumbsup:

theonesmith

Oct 27, 2008
So it's my fault the Albion have been total cack for the last few years?

Right.

Get a grip mate. Football Message Board = Football Supporter's Opinions. Live with it. :thumbsup:

Goes deeper than that though.

Football Message Board = Exaggerated Football Supporter's Opinions.

There is rarely a balanced viewpoint- it is always one extreme or the other.

Whilst it is extreme to say that this board contributes towards the sackings of managers, it might not be foolish to say it influences the majority crowd exposed to the extreme viewpoint, with this crowd feeding back to the club.

It is not extreme to say the majority of the crowd of fans can influence club decisions.

Forster's Armband

Sep 23, 2008
London
Blimey.

The sooner that everybody completely disregards the UTTER SHIT that gets posted on here about managers, tactics, etc, etc, etc....then so much the better.

I genuinely believe NSC has played a very large part in getting our last 3 or 4 managers sacked.

A few attention seeking internet gimps ( and you know who you are) who know f*** all about anything in life, let alone football management, does not by any stretch constitute the voice of the fans.

If NSC has played a part in the sacking of managers then I am afraid our club is a f***ing joke. I don't think for one minute that Bloom or Knight log on to NSC and see a poll entered by a few 100 fans and go oh yeah ok I will sack the manager cause Withdean Wanderer says we should. I do agree we should ignore the rubbish posted on here as it detracts from what often can be a really good debate with good banter on many facets of our club and team.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
you can only play with the standard of players that are prepared to come here

True, and we've proved we can attract players capable of Championship football. Our seasons in the Championship are testament to this.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
True, and we've proved we can attract players capable of Championship football. Our seasons in the Championship are testament to this.

I would substitute the word " can" with "could"..we have never spent that many seasons in teh second division

The Oldman

I like the Hat
NSC Patron
Jul 12, 2003
In the shadow of Seaford Head
my point was that in essence Brighton fans are never happy with the manager, whoever it is.

Not sure that generalisation is fair Dave. Before your time I was happy with Billy Lane, Archie Macauly and the first Peter Taylor. In recent times happy with Alan Mullery and Micky Adams first time round and was happy with the second Peter Taylor, Steve Coppell and Dean Wilkins. I'm content that Poyet sees out his contract, even if we get relegated but if at the end of that we are not chasing promotion which ever league we are in, then I feel it will be time to change .

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007
You are joking surely ?

So Bloom logs on here and reads anti Slade comments and then decides oh NSC speaks I must change the manager.

:facepalm:

Maybe, Maybe not with Bloom, BUT this anti manager negativity does start to build when people post on here which spreads and could lead to an early and unnessessary sacking of a manager.

The problem is that alot of the time, these anti manager or whoever comments made are by people who didn't see the game yet base their entire opinion on the result and not on the performance. A perfect example is this negativity following Saturdays defeat and the subsequent murmuring about getting rid of Poyet.

We lost to a team who are top of the league, we more than matched them for most of the game, leading til the 80th minute, we were unlucky to have 2 efforts cleared of the line and we looked a decent side.

Compared to earlier in the season, you can see the real difference and improvement that Poyet has brought since arriving, testamont to this is the reaction to our latest defeat, how people believe we should have won or at least got a draw (we were never in the game at Norwich when we lost 4-0)

Wilkins is another perfect example, throughout his tenure there were those demanding his sacking and wanting Adams back incharge. They got their wish and look what happened. If they had backed Wilkins instead, then maybe, just maybe we would be far better off than we are now.

SittingbourneSeagull

Dec 27, 2007
Sittingbourne
NSC made Adams make ridiculous signings and play them out of position?

NSC made Slade's signings not fufil their potential and pissed off Tony Bloom?

NSC made Dick Knight want to bring an old mate of his back?

Behave.

NSC doesn't make the team shit. Poor management and poor players does.

Maybe not, but NSC does show us how crap some of our so called supporters are.

thedonkeycentrehalf

Moved back to wear the gloves (again)
Jul 7, 2003
You are joking surely ?

So Bloom logs on here and reads anti Slade comments and then decides oh NSC speaks I must change the manager.

Maybe, Maybe not with Bloom, BUT this anti manager negativity does start to build when people post on here which spreads and could lead to an early and unnessessary sacking of a manager.

The vocal minority on here have found a new outlet though as the Argus keep using opinion on here for starting their own stories as today's latest effort shows Albion minority are getting restless From The Argus)

What starts as something that maybe read by a couple of hundred people on here suddenly gets a much wider audience than it deserves. I hope Bloom isn't influenced that way but it sometimes appeared in the past that Dick Knight was always concerned about the negative stories that came out.

The power of the written word eh?

Okay then, how do the NSC-blamers suggest that its' members can have the reverse effect? By saying Elphick is brilliant? ...or that Carole bamboozles players with his deft touches?

I really don't think a bunch of opinions (and there have always been fans giving opinions, if only from the terraces every week) are casting a shadow on the club's fortunes.
It's been said that there are thousands of refs and managers in the stands every game, so this is nothing new. The team give us something to talk about - if they gave us something GOOD to say, then NSC peeps will say good things. About time they did, I reckon, because watching them fold every week, fail to score at home, and lose to crap sides is tiresome and on the day has bugger-all to do with what anyone says on here.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Some people on here would find something to moan about if were top of the premiership and regining Champions League winners.

The vocal minority on here have found a new outlet though as the Argus keep using opinion on here for starting their own stories as today's latest effort shows Albion minority are getting restless From The Argus)

What starts as something that maybe read by a couple of hundred people on here suddenly gets a much wider audience than it deserves. I hope Bloom isn't influenced that way but it sometimes appeared in the past that Dick Knight was always concerned about the negative stories that came out.

Knight stopped reading NSC because he found opinions and view of the club tiresome - and most people didn't know wtf they were talking about.
I think it might have upset him, reading some of the shite.

Spun Cuppa

Thanks Greens :(
A blonde, early twenties, loaded, big gaff, Merc, single, nympho, millionaire father with a dicky ticker, without the word 'no' in her vocabulary, a pulse, and with a penchant for fat, bald, middle aged men who frequent internet football message boards...

Thanks for asking :thumbsup:

Feb 14, 2010
Its attention seeking by a few kids that have said Poyet out. We all can see the facts are that he has inherited a shit squad and had to lay the best teams in the division twice and a premier league side. The two new full backs are a vast improvement on the previous lot. As for the players tho' they are lucky we are not at the Goldstone and close to the pitch. For the money they are on, they have been an utter disgrace. Bottom four, Murray not scored at home all season / was a kid at Brentford, and then of all the nerve Forster spouting his mouth off on sky as he thinks the club owe him a living . This squad have to be one of the most unpopular in the clubs history - not because they are shit, but because they are over paid namby pamby shit that actually should be doing better than they are. If Poyet wants rid of this lot and wont offer them contracts then I'm with him

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
I think we need to give a manager time and stop making knee jerk criticisms and pant wetting after a defeat/draw.

There is no doubt we are improving, we are in a tough run of fixtures at the moment but there's plenty to be positive about and we can expect to finish the season strongly once we're out of this run if performances continue to be encouraging.

You are joking surely ?

Disagree - Poyet has been very vocal in talking up two players who have at times been severely criticised on NSC - Navarro and El-Abd. Why do you think that was? I have no idea whether Poyet himself logs on, I suspect not, but he is obviously aware of fans thoughts, whether through listening to the crowd or hearing reports of fans opinions.

There was also an interesting article in the paper yesterday about Kevin Davies who says he regularly reads message boards and chatrooms - I bet there are some players who do visit NSC.

And as for opinions (not your point admittedly), wasn't it Mark Hughes when manager of Blackburn who found internet chatrooms highly unhelpful in stoking up fans criticisms? The problem is that with so much saturation of football on TV, people feel they are 'experts'. I bet there are very few people on here who have either played football at a decent level or are qualified as a coach or coached at a decent level.

Some people never seem to consider that maybe, just maybe, the managerial thinking that goes behind decisions that they don't agree with, might just be down to tactical reasons that perhaps neither they or I would even have thought of?

Spider

Sep 15, 2007
The problem is that with so much saturation of football on TV, people feel they are 'experts'. I bet there are very few people on here who have either played football at a decent level or are qualified as a coach or coached at a decent level.

Some people never seem to consider that maybe, just maybe, the managerial thinking that goes behind decisions that they don't agree with, might just be down to tactical reasons that perhaps neither they or I would even have thought of?

The problem with this argument is it essentially boils down to suggesting that you are not in a position to criticise the club or team unless you have played or coached at a similar level, which is clearly crap.

Most people accept most of the decisions the management team make, but there are times, Carole being a good example, when this trust is genuinely tested. There are, of course, other times when you trust a manager and they prove why you do - Navarro's recent performances being a good example.

As for players, even if you can't do it yourself a fan is perfectly capable of picking up weaknesses in a player's game, they might not notice the subtler elements of their game but it sometimes doesn't take an expert to criticise someone like Dickinson for not winning enough balls in the air.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here