Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

So, what are the chances that a regular away fan will be able to get a ticket....

The_Viper

Oct 10, 2010
Charlotte, NC
For the first game at falmer? I'm a white member and getting a bit worried that I won't be able to go to the holy ground because a load of jolly come latelys with alot of dosh to spend have season tickets and the I'm assuming blue members or w.e will get next priority, putting me bottom of the food chain :angry:

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Just become an away member of every club we could be playing in that game. Should be easy .

Just, every club currently in the Championship, every club in League one, the bottom half of the Premiership and the top half of League two. :thumbsup:

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
If we're in the Championship you might be OK (Bigger stadia), but if we're still in League One I would be very surprised if you got a ticket for many games.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
For the first game at falmer? I'm a white member and getting a bit worried that I won't be able to go to the holy ground because a load of jolly come latelys with alot of dosh to spend have season tickets and the I'm assuming blue members or w.e will get next priority, putting me bottom of the food chain :angry:
It will presumably mean queuing for a ticket outside the ticket office well before it opens, that's all.

Although seeing as season tickets will be payable by direct debit over 12 months, I'm shit out of sympathy for this sort of moaning.

KneeOn

Jun 4, 2009
Then pay up for a season ticket or a blue membership?

???

I'll be paying my 400 quid, so expect to get more than you. Surely if you don't like that fact, do something about it and get a blue membership/season ticket to easy your worries?

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
It will presumably mean queuing for a ticket outside the ticket office well before it opens, that's all.

Although seeing as season tickets will be payable by direct debit over 12 months, I'm shit out of sympathy for this sort of moaning.

Totally , been done to death but even dole heads could afford £38 a month

Dizzle.

Aug 9, 2008
Perth, Australia
When i asked the club they said i had zero chance as the list went past season ticket holders, gold members, blue members, white members and then people with a long booking history. So it depends where you are down that line i suppose.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Regular away fans do not help pay the bills.

Ergo, they are near the bottom of the list when it comes to premium games.

Foolg

Apr 23, 2007
I'm not renewing my season ticket, as it makes no sense to pay £400 if im going to be at uni most weeks. But having had one for the last 9 years i'd better get a bloody ticket for the first game. I'm sure i will though, i'll be at the top of the pile for the 2k or so remaining non season tickets, and i presume i'll be one of the only season ticket holders not renewing.

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
I'm not renewing my season ticket, as it makes no sense to pay £400 if im going to be at uni most weeks. But having had one for the last 9 years i'd better get a bloody ticket for the first game. I'm sure i will though, i'll be at the top of the pile for the 2k or so remaining non season tickets, and i presume i'll be one of the only season ticket holders not renewing.

No, as a white member you'll be in the pile with everyone else.

Sausage

The wurst of the wurst.
Dec 8, 2007
Totally , been done to death but even dole heads could afford £38 a month

I got made redundant in September and haven't found work. You tried living on the dole lately? £38 is a big deal. Football is out of the question for me until I get working again.

Foolg

Apr 23, 2007
No, as a white member you'll be in the pile with everyone else.

Ermmm... am i missing something here? I'm a season ticket holder, and have been for 9 years, as i said.

Sorry, i meant as in me getting a ticket for the first game at Falmer despite not renewing. Away games i can use my old mans season ticket account as he's renewing.

KneeOn

Jun 4, 2009

Depends on where you go i guess.

I've picked localish uni's about 15 pounds away, because I want to be able to go to the Albion, and because i want to stay nere Sussex. I'm renewing. Waiting 12 years for this to not go doesn't really make sense for me.

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
I'm confused by the original post. Why does away membership have anything to with home games. For the record, I think there will be 8-10,000 tickets for general sales, so apart from the first game or two you should be able to get tickets no trouble

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
I fully expect to watch the first home game from the away end - shouldn't be a problem as few visitors will sell it out

Foolg

Apr 23, 2007
Depends on where you go i guess.

I've picked localish uni's about 15 pounds away, because I want to be able to go to the Albion, and because i want to stay nere Sussex. I'm renewing. Waiting 12 years for this to not go doesn't really make sense for me.

I've picked Uni's far up north, because they were far superior to anything i looked at within the local area IN MY OPINION given the course i want to do. I've got offers from Sheffield and Leeds which are my top 2 choices, so it'll be between either providing my grades are maintained. I'd love to take a gap year, and fit in some volunteering, that was the plan originally but its not financially viable with the fees now increasing.
I'd not come back from Sheffield more than once a month topps, so its not really worth renewing my season ticket when you weigh it up. I should (I'd be bloody pissed off if i didnt) get a ticket for the first game at Falmer, and the second, and hopefully the third, given that i'll be on the system as a gold member. Just dont want to miss that elusive first ever league game at the new ground, having put up with Withdean for 9 years.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here