Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] So we all know there's a striker incoming - Who ?

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
Now that Darwin hasn't evolved into a signing I'd go for Gomez or Brewster on loan

Not sure if Gomez is possible, but id wet the bed if he came, would be awesome, But totally agree on Brewster.

Id choose the same 2 of all those mentioned. I get the argument its better to have signed rather than loan players, but its just not worth repeating the Locadia mistakes again with hopeful punts.

If we cant cant someone of the qaulity of Nunez or Gomez better Brewster for a season, bank the 15 mill saved and put it towards a better striker next summer, than throw it at another flaky average player (here's looking at you Dia).

We don't need more "bodies" we need better than what we already have of top ten is anything more than a pipe dream.

Saunders

Oct 1, 2017
Brighton
I like Weghorst but he is at Wolfsburg, meaning he would be very expensive plus he is a bit too much of the "immovable object" type of player, not very dynamic unlike i.e. McBurnie. Similar to the other Dutch tower, Bas Dost. Sure would be a good pinchhitter (as they call the tall supersub in Holland) but probably too expensive not to be a starter.

Karlan Grant would be interesting but seems to be pretty quiet around him.

"Pinch Hitter" is a baseball term by the way for a substitute batter.

Saunders

Oct 1, 2017
Brighton
Why does everyone want Brewster on loan? Sell him to me.

I dont. He is promising but if he doesnt do well which can happen with youngsters then all we achieved was to piss off our u23 strikers which do have some promise. If he does well he goes back to Liverpool at the end of the year. Either way we are in the same situation again in 12 months.

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
I dont. He is promising but if he doesnt do well which can happen with youngsters then all we achieved was to piss off our u23 strikers which do have some promise. If he does well he goes back to Liverpool at the end of the year. Either way we are in the same situation again in 12 months.

[emoji106]

Exactly.. he has little to no PL experience. I’d sooner use one of our u23’s

Seasidesage

May 19, 2009
Brighton, United Kingdom
[emoji106]

Exactly.. he has little to no PL experience. I’d sooner use one of our u23’s

Normally I'd agree with you but the kid did excellently at Swansea in his first real foray into mens football 10 goals in 20 games at that level suggests the kid is special, add that to his exploits with the England under age teams and you have to think this is a real top notch emerging talent. I wouldn't choose to take a loan signing either but assuming Nunez was our No.1 choice unless we can find someone of similar quality that both fits our budget and also wants to come then Brewster would buy us some time Gyokeres may prove to be a decent player but his record to date doesn't suggest he will break into the starting XI soon and it'll be a risk to go into a season relying on a player who scored 7 goals at Bundesliga 2 level last season even if to be fair to the kid a lot of his games were out wide.

Of course the club may have someone of the required quality lined up and that would clearly be the better option but if not then Brewster might fit the bill.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
In Theory the deal hasn’t collapsed yet!

m0qIXC.gif

Seasidesage

May 19, 2009
Brighton, United Kingdom
Not sure if Gomez is possible, but id wet the bed if he came, would be awesome, But totally agree on Brewster.

Id choose the same 2 of all those mentioned. I get the argument its better to have signed rather than loan players, but its just not worth repeating the Locadia mistakes again with hopeful punts.

If we cant cant someone of the qaulity of Nunez or Gomez better Brewster for a season, bank the 15 mill saved and put it towards a better striker next summer, than throw it at another flaky average player (here's looking at you Dia).

We don't need more "bodies" we need better than what we already have of top ten is anything more than a pipe dream.

The ray of hope with Gomez is Valencia are skint and desperate to sell. Whether we can attract him and afford him may be another matter...

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009

If that same position means we scored enough to stay in the PL, then great. For that is the only priority and any player wherever they come from and however long they are here is so to achieve that aim.

We cant be doing favours or prioritising academy players, just because they might get hacked off, if they're good enough they will get the chance, if they're not, and they cannot at the very least seriously challenge Connolly or Maupay, then sentiment comes at potentially too high a price. Let them get pissed off, the club and commercial priority comes first

Lovely........ we went cheap, didn't have quality cover, didnt score enough goals (an age old tale repeated every season by some relegated teams), got relegated, lost 150 million + half the squad.

But xyz from the U23's got a go and they're happy?

Brewster is better than any attacker in our U23's. And if he wasn't he wouldnt start (if we went for him).

Its that simple

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here