Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] So we all know there's a striker incoming - Who ?

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Ok, fair point mate we’ll just have to disagree. I’ve obviously got more faith in our management and recruitment teams than you -
If they feel letting Murray go was the right thing then I trust them.

See my final point, never said I didn’t have faith [emoji2].

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
Again, you seem to have totally mis-read? I didn’t mention a centre forward? I just said someone else might make the bench - Someone like Jahanbakhsh maybe?

It does make me chuckle that you mis-read and mis-quote consistently and everything has to be explained to you

And again - it’s not Oct 5th yet so who knows what centre forward we may or may not have at our disposal?

But whatever happens I’ll continue to support the club I love unconditionally rather than bicker and moan about them and whatever team we put out I’ll support them and appreciate just how far we’ve come.

So you admit we have zero replacements for Muzza. My point stands.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

227 BHA

Jul 5, 2003
Findon Valley, Worthing
So you admit we have zero replacements for Muzza. My point stands.

Christ, you really are intolerable aren’t you?

How the hell would I know who the club have lined up? You act like you hope no one’s coming in? Do you want us to fail as you seem to take great joy in spreading negativity? Or are you just a Palace troll?

nickjhs

NSC Patron
Apr 9, 2017
Ballarat, Australia
Fair enough chap, wasn’t questioning your faith, just looks like I’ve got more faith in them than you - but mines just blind faith, ever the optimist! 🤣

Its not faith at all let alone blind. Faith is the belief in something where logic shows that the the evidence does warrant the belief. There is a ton of evidence that Bloom and his merry gang know what they are doing and want the club to succeed.

227 BHA

Jul 5, 2003
Findon Valley, Worthing
Its not faith at all let alone blind. Faith is the belief in something where logic shows that the the evidence does warrant the belief. There is a ton of evidence that Bloom and his merry gang know what they are doing and want the club to succeed.
I know, hence the smiley face. I was being tongue in cheek. I have total belief as well as faith in them.

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
Christ, you really are intolerable aren’t you?

How the hell would I know who the club have lined up? You act like you hope no one’s coming in? Do you want us to fail as you seem to take great joy in spreading negativity? Or are you just a Palace troll?

No. I clearly want a quality striker signed. However, I just don’t agree with leaping to the defence of our club’s failed striker recruitment like some blue and bite tinted buffoon.

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
So, who would you buy and for how much and what pay?

That is for our recruitment team to determine. They have had years. Totally unacceptable.

Deportivo Seagull

I should coco
Jul 22, 2003
Mid Sussex
No. I clearly want a quality striker signed. However, I just don’t agree with leaping to the defence of our club’s failed striker recruitment like some blue and bite tinted buffoon.

And I’m not a fan of slagging of the recruitment team when you have absolutely no idea of what they have or have not done.

FatSuperman

Feb 25, 2016
In the real world. The one Barber and you cannot accept.

Well that level is clearly not worth the money then is it? Absolutely no guarantee that we'll get another good season - and then 10 goals - for the £20m outlay plus wages. We're just as well off with another £5m shot in the dark from the Dutch or Belgian leagues.

You keep talking about a PL-proven signing. Are there any semi-realistic names you have in mind?

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Nom nom nom.

mune ni kamome

Jun 5, 2011
Worthing
Maybe Potter is very pleased with the way last years forwards have come on and decided we don’t need anyone. I see no problem with starting with what we’ve got and seeing what happens for a few games. Still plenty of time to get someone in if not.

All I see is lots of bang average players being panic bought into teams for far too much money

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
Maybe Potter is very pleased with the way last years forwards have come on and decided we don’t need anyone. I see no problem with starting with what we’ve got and seeing what happens for a few games. Still plenty of time to get someone in if not.

All I see is lots of bang average players being panic bought into teams for far too much money

Same as it ever was.

Too many people paying attention to the talking heads on the radio and Sky Sports.

Last edited:

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill

This. Anyone thinking the recruitment team aren’t working on several targets - to a set of clear criteria - is daft. The problem, as always, is supply not meeting demand and the value not being there (leading to some clubs taking very expensive punts on injury-prone older players and from lesser leagues - like we’ve done ourselves in the past (that’s you Jurgen) and at least appear to have learned from).

Deportivo Seagull

I should coco
Jul 22, 2003
Mid Sussex
Well that level is clearly not worth the money then is it? Absolutely no guarantee that we'll get another good season - and then 10 goals - for the £20m outlay plus wages. We're just as well off with another £5m shot in the dark from the Dutch or Belgian leagues.

You keep talking about a PL-proven signing. Are there any semi-realistic names you have in mind?

Of course he hasn’t.

GT49er

NSC Patron
Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Perhaps now he's got Callum Wilson Steve Bruce would let us have that Joe Linton fella for a cut price £50M. Worth every penny if it stops the endless moaning from some that we haven't bought an expensive PL experienced striker.

(I use the word 'striker' very loosely).

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here