Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

so the council are are thinking on flying the rainbow flag during pride week

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
Would this be the same councill who told me to take down my cross of st george during the world cup last year, this definetly gets filed in the "u couldnt make it up" file

f***ing hypocrytes:dunce: :dunce:

Last edited:

Dancin Ninja BHA

Jul 6, 2003
On what grounds did they tell you to take the flag down?

Only ask because my parents live in Haywards Heath, and have a large St George flag on a 25 ft high flag pole outside their house!!! And no ones said a word.....

Dancin Ninja BHA

Jul 6, 2003
On what grounds did they tell you to take the flag down?

Only ask because my parents live in Haywards Heath, and have a large St George flag on a 25 ft high flag pole outside their house!!! And no ones said a word.....

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I'm convinced that if we we had a gay chairman and a sprinkling of gay players and back room staff, we'd already be playing at Falmer (and probably called the Hot Bot Stadium)???

Last edited:

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
On the grounds that those from minority groups may take offence, yes they didnt even mention the word ethnic, which is a joke in its self considering i am of mixed race

Dancin Ninja BHA

Jul 6, 2003
"MAY TAKE OFFENCE?"

For f***'s sake, we are living in England, its our national flag....

Jesus, in America, where I lived with my family 15 years ago, EVERY SINGLE HOUSEHOLD has a Stars & Stripes flying outside their house!! It was an object of pride, not of embarrasment as it is over here

Been hijacked by hoolies and racists over the years admittedly, but for the council to give that reason is outrageous

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
I know it's been said b4 but at my youngest kids school they wont be doing a nativity (spelling?) play this year as it would appear that may offend one or two children from different religions

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
chicken run said:
I know it's been said b4 but at my youngest kids school they wont be doing a nativity (spelling?) play this year as it would appear that may offend one or two children from different religions

You are joking:shootself Please tell me you are :cry:

The Clown of Pevensey Bay

Jul 5, 2003
Suburbia
Some lease or rental agreements prevent the hanging of washing or the flying of flags (any flags) from the windows. I was round for a few drinks last night with a friend who is forbidden from "beating rugs or carpets outside" as well.

Dunno why a planning department would be enforcing that, though... unless it was such a big flag as to require planning permission.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Dancin Ninja BHA said:
"MAY TAKE OFFENCE?"

For f***'s sake, we are living in England, its our national flag....

Jesus, in America, where I lived with my family 15 years ago, EVERY SINGLE HOUSEHOLD has a Stars & Stripes flying outside their house!! It was an object of pride, not of embarrasment as it is over here

Been hijacked by hoolies and racists over the years admittedly, but for the council to give that reason is outrageous

Quite so although there's a new PC contraversy over there now as well. People who live in my wife's neck of the woods (AKA 'Dixie') prefer to fly the old Confederate flag to 'Old Glory' as a show of Southern Pride. They take great exception to being called 'Yankees' (it's akin to a Scotsman being called English in fact). However, it's very hard to buy a Confederate flag, why ? It's politically incorrect as some White Supremersist groups rally to the same flag. In fact, people have lost their jobs for having a Confederate flag tattoo.

What's that got to do with the price of beef ? Well, sadly, the BMP and their ilk are big on the Cross of Saint George as their symbol. Hence, on both sides of the pond the fanatic PC brigades will see bogey men where people are just expressing their pride in their homeland.

Now I know that Americans are perenial band wagon jumpers but the attitude of this council frankly disgusts me. Tell me please do, we have to make allowances for Ramadan, Passover and all yet do Jews, Moslems and all other minorities go to work on Christmas Day ? Jeeze I know that in many places in America they can only say 'Happy Holidays' as 'Merry Christmas' is deemed racist. I guess it's only a matter of time before that happens here.

Sorry if I sound like a bigot but religious tolerance should work both ways, you don't have to be white to be a racist.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
bhaexpress said:

Now I know that Americans are perenial band wagon jumpers but the attitude of this council frankly disgusts me. Tell me please do, we have to make allowances for Ramadan, Passover and all yet do Jews, Moslems and all other minorities go to work on Christmas Day ? Jeeze I know that in many places in America they can only say 'Happy Holidays' as 'Merry Christmas' is deemed racist. I guess it's only a matter of time before that happens here.

Come to Huddersfield. The lights have been put up in the streets for about 3 weeks now. They say 'Happy Celebration'

They were put up for Duvali (Hindu celebration) left in place for Ede (end of Ramadan) and then suffice for Christmas.

There are no lights with reindeer or holly shapes etc as images insult the Muslims so they are all nondescript snowflake sort of shape.

MRRF 10

vipersig.jpg

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Yorkie said:
Come to Huddersfield. The lights have been put up in the streets for about 3 weeks now. They say 'Happy Celebration'

They were put up for Duvali (Hindu celebration) left in place for Ede (end of Ramadan) and then suffice for Christmas.

There are no lights with reindeer or holly shapes etc as images insult the Muslims so they are all nondescript snowflake sort of shape.

Yes, and if you have the temerity to say 'Whose country is this ?' you're immediately a racist. f*** it, let all religions celebrate their festivals in their own way and let others do the same.

Damn it ! Merry Christmas !

The Clown of Pevensey Bay

Jul 5, 2003
Suburbia
Yorkie said:

I've never heard a Muslim person say they are insulted by Christmas images. But what's wrong with letting everyone join in?

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
We've had lights and fireworks in Tooting for weeks. Diwali, Eid and Christmas - can't beat it.

I don't know any Muslims who'd be offended by Christmas. Remember that Jesus is a prophet in Islam too, so he's sacred to them.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
We've had lights and fireworks in Tooting for weeks. Diwali, Eid and Christmas - can't beat it.

I don't know any Muslims who'd be offended by Christmas. Remember that Jesus is a prophet in Islam too, so he's sacred to them.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here