Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

So the Argus says we are closing in on a new striker....

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
*shrug*

CELTIC hope to wrap-up a deal for frozen-out Manchester City striker Roque Santa Cruz but face stiff competition from Sunderland. The 30 year-old striker has started just eight games - scoring four goals - since moving to City from Blackburn two years ago. (Daily Mirror)

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
f*** celtic i reckon the latin connection could be at work here ..sunderland are shite as well ......come on down Roque my son...!!!

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Whisper that Nicky Maynard hasn't travelled with the Bristol City squad to Donny. Could it be Leicester at last or could it possibly be..................?

Reading leading the chase for LeFondre according to Fourth Official on Twitter (usually reliable but rarely if ever give us a mention)

Now what is that rumour site for a proper wind-up?

Left Footer

Sep 26, 2007
Shoreham
Whisper that Nicky Maynard hasn't travelled with the Bristol City squad to Donny. Could it be Leicester at last or could it possibly be..................?

Reading leading the chase for LeFondre according to Fourth Official on Twitter (usually reliable but rarely if ever give us a mention)

Now what is that rumour site for a proper wind-up?

I read somewhere that Le Fondre was against moving down south as he hates southerners.

crasher

Jul 8, 2003
Sussex
*shrug*

CELTIC hope to wrap-up a deal for frozen-out Manchester City striker Roque Santa Cruz but face stiff competition from Sunderland. The 30 year-old striker has started just eight games - scoring four goals - since moving to City from Blackburn two years ago. (Daily Mirror)

Santa Cruz signing for Betis I read somewhere today. Can't be arsed to find it.

SeafordBHA

Aug 13, 2011
Priskin not fit so seems doubtful although this article reminds me we were reportedly interested in Jason Scotland

I've always regarded priskin as a good player could be a good signing if at the right price.

Ipswich fans seem to feel he's a good player when he turns it on, just doesnt want to do it often enough, reminds me a bit of murray pre gus. and he's 6ft +
"I find Priskin to be the most annoying player since Counago; bags of talent- when he feels like it" and "Still think Tamas could do something but HE needs to knuckle down and produce the goods!!!" found these on the TWTD website, sounds like the sort of player gus could turn around to be a star.

As for scotland, also rate him highly, proven championship goalscorer, with strength and good ability to. good with his feet which will suit gus.

wallyback

Jun 22, 2011
Brighton
Somebody on the comments on the Argus site said that local radio in Huddersfield had mentioned we were after Rhodes.

Anybody on here from Yorkshire heard anything?

Mackail-Smith in Scotland squad From The Argus)

Per Rumour site - However, I'm told these are not v trustworthy

Jordan Rhodes leaving Huddersfield for Brighton this weekend. Done deal, just contingent on medical this weekend.
Brighton still looking for a center half and that completes the squad for Gus Poyet.

Hope it's true!

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
I mentioned to Mr Banana on Tuesday night that I was surprised that Jordan Rhodes was still playing for Hudd. I seem to recall him being a powerful lad & a right bloody handful for our defence last season. I'd be chuffed if he were to hop on the Gus Bus & I certainly see him as a far more realistic target than someone like Simon Cox.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here