Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

So the Argus says we are closing in on a new striker....

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Gus has signed CMS, Noone and Hoskins all players from last seasons rivals who impressed against us. I didn't see the Huddersfield games, did Rhodes impress? If so I'll go for him being the forward we are after.

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
Gus has signed CMS, Noone and Hoskins all players from last seasons rivals who impressed against us. I didn't see the Huddersfield games, did Rhodes impress? If so I'll go for him being the forward we are after.

That is a good point,i saw Hudders at home but don't really remember if he stood out,i remember the Arsenal loan forward looking good.Didn't go away so i don't know how he played up there.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
I'd be surprised if it was Rhodes, 'Udders want a lot of money for a player that isn't fit to carry CMS's jock strap. I would hazard a guess it will be an older player which Premier experience.

Uncle C

Jul 6, 2004
Bishops Stortford
There's a real possibility the new striker may be at the Amex watching todays game. Keep an eye out you lot.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003

That is a good point,i saw Hudders at home but don't really remember if he stood out,i remember the Arsenal loan forward looking good.Didn't go away so i don't know how he played up there.

Pretty sure he was on the bench for the Withers game and came on... So difficult tot tell. Watched some of Hudds last yr - pretty sure Rhodes is good but remember Pilkington standing out most.

Uncle C

Jul 6, 2004
Bishops Stortford
Do you know something ?

No matey. Just that several of the players we sign have said they watched the previous game and were so impressed they just had to join us.

Given the deadline is Wednesday, there's a reasonable chance the new striker could be at the ground today.

Foolg

Apr 23, 2007
Pretty sure he was on the bench for the Withers game and came on... So difficult tot tell. Watched some of Hudds last yr - pretty sure Rhodes is good but remember Pilkington standing out most.

Correct. Went to both Hudders games last year and the year before, and Pilkington stood out both times (now moved to Norwich for £2mill). Rhodes I remember scored at the Galpharm against us last year, got inbetween our two defenders and scored a decent header. Could argue it was good movement, or say it was poor defending by us, bit of both, but a number of his goals do seem to be headers. Pilkington took us apart up there though, and Gary Roberts also looked a good player, but we have no need for wingers.

The home game last year he was "rested" much to the confusion of most Huddersfield fans, he started very few games in their run in, and I remember most town fans being bemused by it all. Given his record it was a strange decision to play Afobe up top on his own most weeks when they needed the points.

I'd be pleased, but hope we don't break the bank for him.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here