Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

So, John Terry is England captain then

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
obvious choice really , I mean the guy was BORN to be England captain..

The Spanish

Aug 12, 2008
P
How does Capello decide? Do they have a spontaneous-fake-crying-for-the-cameras-after-half hearted-but-full-of-self importance-championship-performance test that they do at Waltham Abbey? Whoever can turn on the waterworks (which are now compulsory for any English sportsman in a media corner) the best gets the job.

There has never been an England squad with less obvious captaincy calibre in it. Anyone who thinks Terry is fit to wash the blood stained head bandage of Terry Butcher is sadly deluded.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
England News (From the Observer...)

Who was hit hardest by England's failure against Croatia ? 'It's going to take me a very long time to get over it,' says John Terry. 'For the players and me personally, you don't want to come out of your house, you don't even want people to see you.'

Other JT news: 25 Nov, News of the World: 'England captain John Terry was so DRUNK during a sleazy lap-dancing party with England team-mates days before their Croatia humiliation that he URINATED on the floor - and in a cup. One witness told us: "Some of our players don't seem to give a damn about England. Terry was dancing on stage with two lapdancers, wriggling his hips. I thought he was meant to be injured."

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
The fact that the choice was between Terry and Rio shows how incredibly underwhelming the list of candidates was.

I would have liked James to be given a go, Neville if he's going to properly recover or Barry if he'll play but you wouldn't be too excited about any of them

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
JT is a great choice, he's a born leader and has the respect of the rest of the squad.

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
How does Capello decide? Do they have a spontaneous-fake-crying-for-the-cameras-after-half hearted-but-full-of-self importance-championship-performance test that they do at Waltham Abbey? Whoever can turn on the waterworks (which are now compulsory for any English sportsman in a media corner) the best gets the job.

There has never been an England squad with less obvious captaincy calibre in it. Anyone who thinks Terry is fit to wash the blood stained head bandage of Terry Butcher is sadly deluded.

That as it may be , at least Terry will remember he is England captain ...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here