Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

So, John Terry is England captain then

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
If you want a stand up guy then I think the best player you could have gone for would be Joe Cole.

James - Mistake making egotist.
Neville - Aging moaner.
Ferdinand - Drug cheat, car speeding narcissist.
Terry - Punchy ref botherer.
A.Cole - Arsehole.
Beckham - Aging headless chicken.
Gerrard - Sour faced headless chicken.
Lampard - Self absorbed money grabber.
Rooney - Petulant ref botherer.
Owen - Over the hill one trick pony.

Joe Cole seems to play with a smile on his face, gives his best, comes across as reasonably intelligent, you never hear about him getting in trouble and has developed his game to be a more intelligent team player.

You missed out racist for JT

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
Joe Cole seems to play with a smile on his face, gives his best, comes across as reasonably intelligent, you never hear about him getting in trouble and has developed his game to be a more intelligent team player.

good call

i think him and owen are the only two players i would really want to captain the team. unfortunately, neither of them look to be guaranteed starters

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
JT is a great choice, he's a born leader and has the respect of the rest of the squad.

Alas no respect from the 60 000 000 British public however.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Terry is a disgrace, an odious man who decided to go on a drunken loud rampage the day after 9/11 amoungst a group of Americans in London trying to get home. Crass, over paid, under talented, everything that is wrong with the England team I HATE him. Wanker.

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
Perhaps people should not let anti-Chelsea, anti-Premier League, anti-Premier League player sentiments cloud their judgment. I can understand complaining on footballing reasons but not on other stuff. How he leads the team and inspires them is what counts.

Common as Mook

Not Posh as Fook
Jul 26, 2004
Perhaps people should not let anti-Chelsea, anti-Premier League, anti-Premier League player sentiments cloud their judgment. I can understand complaining on footballing reasons but not on other stuff. How he leads the team and inspires them is what counts.

Exactly. And for that reason he is England captain. I'm sure a man with however many years experience Capello has, know what he is doing when it comes to picking a leader.

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
Exactly. And for that reason he is England captain. I'm sure a man with however many years experience Capello has, know what he is doing when it comes to picking a leader.

Both Scolari and Mourinho did the same so he must have something.

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
What a joke of a decision.

'JT' really got them fired up for the qualifiers, didn't he?
:nono:

maffew

Dec 10, 2003
Worcester England
If you want a stand up guy then I think the best player you could have gone for would be Joe Cole.

James - Mistake making egotist.
Neville - Aging moaner.
Ferdinand - Drug cheat, car speeding narcissist.
Terry - Punchy ref botherer.
A.Cole - Arsehole.
Beckham - Aging headless chicken.
Gerrard - Sour faced headless chicken.
Lampard - Self absorbed money grabber.
Rooney - Petulant ref botherer.
Owen - Over the hill one trick pony.

I think a captain should usually be a depp midfielder or preferably a defender
Rio should have been captain he would been a fine choice. I see you fail to mention his involvement in campaigns against knife crime and racism

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
I think a captain should usually be a depp midfielder or preferably a defender
Rio should have been captain he would been a fine choice. I see you fail to mention his involvement in campaigns against knife crime and racism

I didn't mention Terry's charity work but you don't seem to have a problem with that.

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
So the onus is completely on John Terry to motivate the team? What an odd thing to say.

Did I say that? No.

I think we should have looked for a change, instead of going for a man who's already a PROVEN failure as International Captain already. I can only hope he redeems himself...

maffew

Dec 10, 2003
Worcester England

I'd be embarrassed if I had to take orders off someone like "JT"

Gary Neville would be a better choice had he more than a couple of years left in him internationally and was slightly more vocal

what do you reckon Braders :)

Common as Mook

Not Posh as Fook
Jul 26, 2004
I'd be embarrassed if I had to take orders off someone like "JT"

Gary Neville would be a better choice had he more than a couple of years left in him internationally and was slightly more vocal

what do you reckon Braders :)

So are you saying Capello doesn't know what he's doing?

The Oldman

I like the Hat
NSC Patron
Jul 12, 2003
In the shadow of Seaford Head
Bobby Moore must be turning in his grave at the thought of who now wears the England captain's shirt.

I feel very sorry for young football followers who did not see live the greatest of England's Captains in action.

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
Yuk. The man seems a fairly odious piece of work, as has been outlined above. I guess he's got it by default.

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
Gareth Barry or Owen Hargreaves would have been far better choices. I can see why people who take an interest in Chelsea like Terry - but he has shown he is not an England captain. I think the best example is him snotting on a fellow professional player. Bad decision Fabio.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here