Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

So, John Terry is England captain then

phil1977

"And now on Whistle Test"
Nov 19, 2004
Bristol
Nice to see that someone who has lunch after parking his Bentley in a disabled parking spot, gets the respect of the squad. Am I the only one who doesn't give two hoots about the England team these days?

Elder for England

Jan 30, 2008
He absolutely should not be captain, there is one small good thing to come out of it, Ferdinand isn't.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Nice to see that someone who has lunch after parking his Bentley in a disabled parking spot, gets the respect of the squad. Am I the only one who doesn't give two hoots about the England team these days?
He is allowed to be parked in a disabled bay as there is a blue badge on the dashboard. :(

A Chelsea FC parking permit :ohmy:

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
When the alternatives are Gerrard and Ferdinand it appears Cappello has little choice but to pick Terry.

What worries me is that nobody is coming through and seizing the shirt. Cappello's 1st XI could easily be James, G Neville, A Cole, Ferdinand, Terry, Gerrard, Lampard, Beckham, J Cole, Rooney and Owen, i.e. the failures of yesteryear.

It is difficult to get excited about this squad of players, period.

Mendoza

NSC's Most Stalked
Its going to be amazing, we will get penalties, free kicks for no reason what so ever, and we will EVERYTHING because he will lead Neville, Cole, Cole and Rooney into bullying the opposition and referees into submission.

He shouldnt even be in the starting 11 let alone captain, and we all so what grief that caused with Michael Vaughan in the South Africa series

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
bloody hate John Terry, quite how he can be England captain when he isn't even the best centre half in the squad is just plain wrong. Not to mention his behaviour on and off the field. Should have been Ferdinand or Gerrard, shame thought Capello was going to change things

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
would have gone for gerrard

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
When the alternatives are Gerrard and Ferdinand it appears Cappello has little choice but to pick Terry.

What worries me is that nobody is coming through and seizing the shirt. Cappello's 1st XI could easily be James, G Neville, A Cole, Ferdinand, Terry, Gerrard, Lampard, Beckham, J Cole, Rooney and Owen, i.e. the failures of yesteryear.

It is difficult to get excited about this squad of players, period.

Golden generation hype was about as accurate as Palace being touted as the Team of the Eighties but most of the country fell for it even when there was never anything shown on the field to back it up ( England I mean not Palace). It matters not who's captain we'll still huff puff and disappoint.

Slough Seagull

Bye Bye Slough
Nov 23, 2006

no mate - I could not give a f*** about them either.

The only team I care about is the :albion1:

phil1977

"And now on Whistle Test"
Nov 19, 2004
Bristol
Slough Seagull, spot on sir!! The Albion and LEAGUE football in general is the only thing that keeps me interested these days. Would love to see more of the big boys f*** up (like Leeds.) I'm hoping this will happen at some point in the near future.

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
Talking of forgetful people/druggy cheats i see Christine O has won the gold medal

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
If you want a stand up guy then I think the best player you could have gone for would be Joe Cole.

James - Mistake making egotist.
Neville - Aging moaner.
Ferdinand - Drug cheat, car speeding narcissist.
Terry - Punchy ref botherer.
A.Cole - Arsehole.
Beckham - Aging headless chicken.
Gerrard - Sour faced headless chicken.
Lampard - Self absorbed money grabber.
Rooney - Petulant ref botherer.
Owen - Over the hill one trick pony.

Joe Cole seems to play with a smile on his face, gives his best, comes across as reasonably intelligent, you never hear about him getting in trouble and has developed his game to be a more intelligent team player.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here