Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

So it's all on hold

misterspatch

Oct 16, 2011
Horsham
I'm struggling a little that sources seemingly very close to the club were talking about a spectacular signing going in to the weekend but it seems to have just vapourised? Maybe it's right that they are winding up Naylor - everything does seem to get more closed and complicated when he is around. Maybe he should have stayed on holiday? :lol:

Darren Balkham is the best example, he said if the hype is true, expect something spectacular early next week, could be tomorrow, give it time, also I don't think they'll say anything if it ruins a deal in progress. Negotiations take time even if a player has agreed to join etc.

Craig4004

Aug 30, 2011
Peacehaven
It really isn't you know.

This. Plus Gibraltor is nearly 4 hours drive from the Portuguese border. An hour either side of Gibraltor is roughly Malaga and Cadiz. I for one bloody hope it's Cadiz as its much closer to where I'm staying in Jerez and have no car so will be relying on the trains!

HantsSeagull

Aug 17, 2011
Caught in a Riptide
I'm struggling a little that sources seemingly very close to the club were talking about a spectacular signing going in to the weekend but it seems to have just vapourised? Maybe it's right that they are winding up Naylor - everything does seem to get more closed and complicated when he is around. Maybe he should have stayed on holiday? :lol:

it does seem odd that we have gone from 'gem', 'spectacular' and someone said (could be a bullshitter but don't think so) 'await to be shocked' to ...well....deals being some way off. as you say, sounds like they have vaporised (good word). hope they are just putting people off the trail and we will get an official tweet any minute

Bra

Feb 21, 2009
patcham
strange how we all view things differently. I took the twitter to mean talks ongoing but unlike previously when the signing could be announced any time we still have a little way to go before finalising.

Rather this than targets gone and nothing in sight, but then again what do I know.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
strange how we all view things differently. I took the twitter to mean talks ongoing but unlike previously when the signing could be announced any time we still have a little way to go before finalising.

Rather this than targets gone and nothing in sight, but then again what do I know.

Agreed , we could be in an "imminent" situation again.

del strangefish

Nov 1, 2008
Back of North Stand
This. Plus Gibraltor is nearly 4 hours drive from the Portuguese border. An hour either side of Gibraltor is roughly Malaga and Cadiz. I for one bloody hope it's Cadiz as its much closer to where I'm staying in Jerez and have no car so will be relying on the trains!

This.
Was about to type the same.
I'll be an hour from Gib that week. Up in the montains though towards Ronda. Hoping Malaga is one of them.

misterspatch

Oct 16, 2011
Horsham
it does seem odd that we have gone from 'gem', 'spectacular' and someone said (could be a bullshitter but don't think so) 'await to be shocked' to ...well....deals being some way off. as you say, sounds like they have vaporised (good word). hope they are just putting people off the trail and we will get an official tweet any minute

9pm for Kuszczak, 9pm for the spectacular gem?

Seagull over Canaryland

Feb 8, 2011
Norfolk
Could be that we are playing hard ball over transfer negotiations especially if the players current club and / or agent think we are minted.

Also from an aspirational point of view many players involved in the recent Euros (thinking positively about a potential 'gem') are still on their hols so may not be available to finalise a deal for another week or so.

Oscar

Nov 10, 2003
Nothing is straightforward at this club and who knows whether we had targets but they are gone or we had targets but they're not talking to us?

I like the way you say this as if it's a criticism. Transfers between football clubs are never straight forward nor are most things when it comes to any club. Are you feeling hard done by with the international keeper, top class right back, England star left back and the return of the messiah? Get a grip.

Diego Napier

Mar 27, 2010
I like the way you say this as if it's a criticism. Transfers between football clubs are never straight forward nor are most things when it comes to any club. Are you feeling hard done by with the international keeper, top class right back, England star left back and the return of the messiah? Get a grip.

:lol: Nice one!

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset

Put it back in context. I'm musing on where the "spectacular" signing which was just about to be announced has suddenly disappeared?
Nothing to do with and no mention of the signings we HAVE made. No criticism.
Just that one minute we are about to announce a real sit up and take notice £5m player and within 48hrs the prospect seems to have evapourated

Oscar

Nov 10, 2003
Put it back in context. I'm musing on where the "spectacular" signing which was just about to be announced has suddenly disappeared?
Nothing to do with and no mention of the signings we HAVE made. No criticism.
Just that one minute we are about to announce a real sit up and take notice £5m player and within 48hrs the prospect seems to have evapourated

But you shouldn't feel frustration at the club not signing a player that no one but those outside the club and those claiming to have sources speculate say we are. Gus has said he will assess his squad and our chances when the window closes at the end of August - by then we will have our midfielder and striker - and, yes, one of them may be another gem.

Timbo

Jul 5, 2003
Hassocks
Andy Naylor is not on the ball when it comes to transfers now is he?

Thing is, naylor only deals in facts and official word from the club whereas some fans genuinely believe we are about to sign Milito or Cambiasso! I know who I'd rather listen to.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here