Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

So if He goes who do we want next?

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
it's a rather shit list of managerial relpacements isn't it?

None of them seem to me to be any better qualified than McGhee. Which suggests that we're better off keeping McGhee for next season; as has been said he has plenty of experience and success at league one level. Assuming he hasn't 'lost' the dressing room then I don't see why not keep him.

If the board are split on him, why not give him a smallish budget, one that would secure midtable safety but is too small to achieve promotion. Then, if he doesn't get us promoted the club and McGhee can part company and give the excuse of not making the top 6. No compensation is needed a new manager can be found and the 'mystery' investor can invest to his hearts content. If, on the other hand, McGhee were to get us promoted then he'd be worthy of a new contract.

Simple.

Stumpy Tim

I'm sure I remember when MM first joined that fans of other clubs came on here saying he was excellent for a couple of years, but seemed to lose the plot after a while - playing players out of position, losing the dressing room etc... Maybe now is the time for him to move on.

On the whole he has done a good job - took us up, kept us up against all the odds, made us a few million in the transfer market. But maybe it is time for change...

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Stumpy Tim said:
I'm sure I remember when MM first joined that fans of other clubs came on here saying he was excellent for a couple of years, but seemed to lose the plot after a while - playing players out of position, losing the dressing room etc... Maybe now is the time for him to move on.

On the whole he has done a good job - took us up, kept us up against all the odds, made us a few million in the transfer market. But maybe it is time for change...

Nice to see a reasoned argument for a change :clap: :clap: :clap:

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
London Irish said:
Yeah, you never know - f*** yeah, let's give him a go, what have we got to lose - he certainly carries with him hands-on recent experience of fighting League 1 relegation battles, perfect for the job.

Yes and promotion battles to the Premier League. Your point is???????????

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here