Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

So Gus asked to leave the club in March!

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
Originally Posted by Biscuit View Post
Oatway is a ****ing hero.

That's all I'm saying.

So we can safely say that Oatway defended the integrity of our club?

Or any excuse for a fight?

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Originally Posted by Biscuit View Post
Oatway is a ****ing hero.

That's all I'm saying.

So we can safely say that Oatway defended the integrity of our club?

I would love to believe that but how do you explain his also refusing to deal with the retained list after Gus and Tanno refused? Or have I got that wrong?

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
I would love to believe that but how do you explain his also refusing to deal with the retained list after Gus and Tanno refused? Or have I got that wrong?

He still can't read? it was all an act

theonesmith

Oct 27, 2008
Around the time he called Bloom it was about the same time Rafa had said he was off at the end of the season and Gus was heavily backed at the bookies to be next Chelsea manager

It was also about the time that Warnock was leaving, and Warnock said he'd leave either at the end of the season or when a new manager was appointed? We know Gus loves Leeds and new owners have come in this season with more money. Gus's intention to "leave at the end of the season or even tomorrow" occurred somewhat around that time, right?

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
It was also about the time that Warnock was leaving, and Warnock said he'd leave either at the end of the season or when a new manager was appointed? We know Gus loves Leeds and new owners have come in this season with more money. Gus's intention to "leave at the end of the season or even tomorrow" occurred somewhat around that time, right?

Interesting. Makes a lot of sense.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003

So if Leeds get off to a bad start we could see Gus back here as Leeds manager, err that would be interesting :lolol:

theonesmith

Oct 27, 2008
So why isn't he managing Leeds now?

I didn't say anything about him managing them, only that the comments were made by both him and Warnock at around that time?

Interesting that the interest from Reading seemed to come around about a few days after his phone call to Tony Bloom, the question is where did the interest and publicity originate from really isn't it?

DIFFBROOK

Really Up the Junction
Feb 3, 2005
Yorkshire
Thing is Leeds budget is less than ours. I'm not saying that he wouldnt have gone to Leeds, but they certainly cant spend their money out of the championship.

theonesmith

Oct 27, 2008
Thing is Leeds budget is less than ours. I'm not saying that he wouldnt have gone to Leeds, but they certainly cant spend their money out of the championship.

I don't know if it is or isn't - I thought they recently spent over £1m on a midfielder from Crewe? Are their new owners not foreign investors from the middle east keen on getting Leeds into the Premiership?

I agree that my opinion is that our current team is much stronger than their team though.

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
If the rumour I heard is true he certainly is but why sack him.
Assaulting a member of staff/management under any circs is a sackable offence..... but of course I am not suggesting this is/was the cause, just a view.

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
That's a good point. We got lucky(?) with Gus being with us so long – 6th longest serving manager in the country or something – and I can't see that happening again. I might be wrong, but manager turnover is so high, that the odds are stacked against.

Also, I'm quite interested to note this morning that the media – who seem to be desperate to find out what happened with Gus – are making NO mention of this latest development. Arguably TB's comments might not have said much, and raised further questions, but that wouldn't have stopped it being covered before. I'm guessing he wasn't asked anything about it last night when he was on ITV4? We'll wait until Goals on Sunday, then, I guess?

To be honest, with Ashes cricket, the Bale saga and everything else, a remark on a local radio station quite late in the day that doesn't shed too much light on a story that was at its most interesting a few weeks ago was never going to force editors to clear today's back page, or even a small column. Doubt if it will make much of a stir tomorrow either, with the League kicking off. There'll be features on Yeovil and Newport ordered in, Wenger has done a press conference, Ashes still going on, Bale still up in the air - and, in the end, is anyone the wiser about what went on?

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
There's an article about it on the BBC site now.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here