Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

So all this global warning stuff is a crock of SHIT ?

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
readingstockport said:
So instead you believe a group of people funded by the energy lobby and someone,

when will you (and the quotes you post) stop using ad hominid arguments? the sun stuff might be disputable, there is indeed lots of evidence for CO2 related global warming and he might be in the pay of exxon.

The fact of the matter is that the film clearly highlighted there are flaws in the CO2 science. i have been reading round the subject since, and the same 3 or 4 peices of data/evidence come up. and they do not prove unequivocally that the global warming we are experiencing is directly man made:

- The Vostok cores show a clear correlation between CO2 and temperature, but indicate the former follows the latter.
- The CO2 measurements are taken from an observatory in the vicinity of a volcano. What to volcanos emit?
- The temperature graph showing the rise since the start of the industrial era is from the UK Met office and is not global, and shows a decline and levelling off temperatres for 30 years right in the middle, just after a concentrated discharge of CO2 (those WWII tanks weren't known for great MPG) and during a ramping of industrial output.

Im not in the pay of any oil company and until 2 weeks ago was seriously concerned about global warming and generally concerned about the environment as the next man. But equally i dont like being bullshitted. The evidence has been seriously overplayed and now the whole issue is being hijacked for political ends. Time to reassess and get skeptical.

Interestingly, reading your link, you'll find that Prof Carl Wunsch is actually quite reserved and borderline skeptical, basically reapplying Pascals wager to the environment.

Last edited:

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
just seen on newsnight.. seems a draw to me. i dont understand why an opinion piece (which it is essentially is) has to be completly impartial. mis-quoting people is bad, but its been done on the other side too (see above).

RexCathedra

Aurea Mediocritas
Jan 14, 2005
Vacationland
I believe it's anthropogenic, and a problem.

The Pentagon, and insurance companies -- both notorious havens of tree-hugging leftists -- are both proceeding on that assumption.

Monsieur Leclerc

Café Rene. In disguise!
Apr 24, 2006
When scientists (meteorologists) can accurately predict the weather for the next 5 days then I will be more inclined to believe what they say about the next 50 years.

Er....Slight difference in predicting weather patterns to following trends of sea levels/CO2 levels/temperature levels.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here