Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

So all this global warning stuff is a crock of SHIT ?

Mr Burns

Aug 25, 2003
Springfield
What we mustn't forget is we are still in an Ice Age. All the time there is ice on the polar caps, it is an ice age. And as we are coming out of the Ice Age, it's obvious the ice caps will be melting.

Off course humans add to the gases in the atmosphere. But it's almost the same as saying fish add to sea pollution by crapping and weeing in it.

If every human and every factory on the planet disappeared tomorrow, the ice caps would continue to melt until they are gone. It's the way the planet's cycle is. Most people can only think of seasons in terms of one year, Spring, Summer , Autumn and Winter. But the planet has seasons too, which can only be timed in millions of years, and there nothing we can do about it.

If mankinds going to be around for the next hundred thousand years, it's something that they are going to have to deal with. Land will disappear and turn to oceans. Most of Australia was oceans in the past, and I don't think man was to blame for the global warming which dried Australia into a desert.

So why governments around the world are blaming mankind, ie themselves, surely its about time people stood up to them and told them to stick their 'green taxes' up their arses. They are just using scare tactics to think up more ways of taxing us. I mean, come on, f***ing airline tax?!?! Do they really think there are going to be less flights if they add taxes? Maybe someone should tell Heathrow and Gatwick that before they add more runways!

Bottom line, the planet is getting warmer, the ice caps will melt, it's happened many times before, it'll happen many times in the future long after man is gone. Accept it. While we add to it, we don't cause it.

Last edited:

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
It ain't it though.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Milankovitch_cycles

Ice Ages were defined by the Milankovitch Cycles. Earth tilted so the northern hemisphere got warmer and colder. Nearly wiped out the human race then. Hundreds of thousand of years cycles.

Now the whole planet Earth is warming up. Consequences (=change) will occur.

Brixtaan

Jul 7, 2003
Border country.East Preston.
The Sunday Times magazine today just re-confims everything that anyone with any common sense has known for years.We're doomed and any temperature increase above 1C will start an unstoppable snowball effect.We're already in a situation where the immediate halting of all fossil fuel burning would only slow down this process.

Mr Burns

Aug 25, 2003
Springfield
Brixtaan said:
The Sunday Times magazine today just re-confims everything that anyone with any common sense has known for years.We're doomed and any temperature increase above 1C will start an unstoppable snowball effect.We're already in a situation where the immediate halting of all fossil fuel burning would only slow down this process.
As i said above, man has very little to do with, and can do absolutely nothing to stop global warming.

It's only in the next hundred or so years, that mankind will discover just how insignificant it is.

The earth will change naturally & although mankind thinks it's the ruler of the planet, we will soon learn we are nothing compared to the true ruler of the planet........ itself.

Brixtaan

Jul 7, 2003
Border country.East Preston.
Mr Burns said:
As i said above, man has very little to do with, and can do absolutely nothing to stop global warming.

I disagree, the relentless burning of millions upon millions of car engines coupled with the relentless burning of cooling forestry has triggered this particular global change.You're right about man not being able to stop it though,the Chinese and Indians haven't even begun to consume.

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
Mr Burns said:
So why governments around the world are blaming mankind, ie themselves, surely its about time people stood up to them and told them to stick their 'green taxes' up their arses. They are just using scare tactics to think up more ways of taxing us. I mean, come on, f***ing airline tax?!?! Do they really think there are going to be less flights if they add taxes? Maybe someone should tell Heathrow and Gatwick that before they add more runways!/B]

Thats what it is all about Mr Burns, tax for this, tax for that, and tax for anything else they can think of.

perseus

Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Charlie the First got his head lopped off for something like this.

The Barons wanted to enclose the land and throw the peasants off. Charlie couldn't care a shot about the peasants but used it as an excuse to tax the Barons who revolted.

They were revolting anyrate.

Captain Swing.

Mr Burns said:
Ice Ages are defined by the caps of the earth being covered in ice. So we are still in an ice age now.

So, this brilliant assertation means .....what exactly?
The end of your so-called ice-age gives us a springtime world of consistent average temperatures all over Earth for a few million years? Howabout all the equatorial peoples just move to where it's cooler, that solves things...... the polar regions habitable, everyone move outwards! Presto, problem solved.

.....er......except the heating of the atmosphere might not be quite as sustainable to life as the little areas of ice were, and the acceleration of the warming just might be surprisingly fast, until our liveable planet is too hot and gaseous for life.

No big deal though, such has happened to bigger planets than ours before now, I'm sure and life will go....... well, no, life won't go on.

I'm playing devil's advocate to your theory here Mr Burns, and the picture doesn't look good however you try to paint it.

Yorkie said:
If you don't agree with global warming you could get a death threat.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/main.jhtml?xml=/news/2007/03/11/ngreen211.xml

Apropos of nothing and not trying to justify any death threats but the scientist quoted in the article, Timothy Ball, would be the same T Ball who heads up an organisation allegedly funded and controlled by the energy industry and their lobbyists would it? Possibly not actually the most independent of people to rely on.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Timothy_Ball

It doesn't take much to find out that nearly all the deniers are funded by the oil companies and the 'energy industry'.

Last edited:

Mr Burns

Aug 25, 2003
Springfield
NMH said:
So, this brilliant assertation means .....what exactly?
The end of your so-called ice-age gives us a springtime world of consistent average temperatures all over Earth for a few million years? Howabout all the equatorial peoples just move to where it's cooler, that solves things...... the polar regions habitable, everyone move outwards! Presto, problem solved.

.....er......except the heating of the atmosphere might not be quite as sustainable to life as the little areas of ice were, and the acceleration of the warming just might be surprisingly fast, until our liveable planet is too hot and gaseous for life.

No big deal though, such has happened to bigger planets than ours before now, I'm sure and life will go....... well, no, life won't go on.

I'm playing devil's advocate to your theory here Mr Burns, and the picture doesn't look good however you try to paint it.
???

Bakesy

Farting for ENGLAND!!!
Feb 13, 2005
How would i know?I'm pissed.
Proof of Global Warming...................

Attachments

• global warming.jpg
    global warming.jpg
    200.1 KB · Views: 108

perseus

Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
This thing (melting ice creams in the warm weather) is a serious bone of contention amongst the so-called experts on mailing list etc.

I think we should have an ice Cream Smilie !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:goal:

Last edited:

Basically now people are investigating the 'evidence' that durkin used in his program it's being shown to be a load of total crap, misinformation and lies - as is usual in his documentaries.

http://news.independent.co.uk/environment/climate_change/article2355956.ece

http://icwales.icnetwork.co.uk/0100...objectid=18749397&siteid=50082-name_page.html

And once again paragraph 3 in this one

http://news.independent.co.uk/environment/climate_change/article2347526.ece

durkin up to his usual misreprestenation and distortion of peoples viewpoints.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Re: Re: Re: So all this global warning stuff is a crock of SHIT ?

Yorkie said:
The co2 emissions just after World War 2 were much much higher than they are now and the temperature didn't rise at all until the 90's.
The temparature in the Northern hemisphere barely changed just after the war. However, it ROCKETED in the Southern hemisphere.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Mr Burns said:
Bottom line, the planet is getting warmer, the ice caps will melt, it's happened many times before, it'll happen many times in the future long after man is gone. Accept it. While we add to it, we don't cause it.
That is indeed the bottom line, but instead of taking 5,000 years to completely melt away, it seems that it's going to take about 40.

Some species are simply not going to adapt to a new environment in that short space of time...

Last edited:

perseus

Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
CO2 in the atmosphere is now at 370 ppm, higher than anything natural in the last 500,000 years or so, which reached a max of 300 ppm before man came a long and a minimum of 180 ppm.

The only explanation I can think of is burning fossil fuels.

Last edited:

brunswick

Aug 13, 2004
what about all the empty flights flying about (so airlines do not lose the route)?

i am leaving this country in next few weeks. its f00ked.

no democracy.

i urge you all to read "living in a facist country" by V.Coleman (book is banned by this government).

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here