Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

So all this global warning stuff is a crock of SHIT ?

Mr Burns

Aug 25, 2003
Springfield
People People People. Accept it. Global warming is caused by one thing, and one thing alone. NATURE. It just happens. Always has, always will. If your gormless enough to beleive what you told, and believe mankind is to blame, then just go on paying your green taxes and feel better about the whole thing.

The bottom line is, the planet naturally heats up and cools down over time. Oceans rise, oceans fall.

Above us is about 10 miles of lower atmosphere. 10 Miles think how far that is. Spread over this vast planet, there are 10 miles of air to polute. Sure some countries and cities pump a lot of shit into the air, but come on, it's not nearly enough to do any planet wide damages. Think of all that air, it just absorbs it.

Think of the great deserts, think of the America's and the vast open plains of Africa, think of Australia, most of that is desert, think of Russia and the vast nothingness of Sybria, and the deserts of North Africa. Then think two thirds of the planet is covered in water, and above all this there is at least 10 miles of air to pollute. Bearing in mind the shit pumped into the atmosphere is breaking down into nothing all the time, do you really think we (Mankind) can damage it.

No we can't, so all this crap about man causing global warming is bollocks. It is a natural accurance, and the only reason we hear about it at the moment is to scare people, because its a good excuse for another tax. No doubt global warming is happening, but I have every doubt man has anything to do with it. For every 'expert' saying man has caused it, another 'expert' claims he hasn't.

So all things being equal, make your own minds up. I have.

It's almost the same as pissing in a swimming pool. WHilst you wouldn't want to swim directly through it, you know it happens, but it's not going to pollite the water, because there is just to much water in relation to piddle.

Last edited:

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Mr Burns said:
People People People. Accept it. Global warming is caused by one thing, and one thing alone. NATURE. It just happens. Always has, always will. If your gormless enough to beleive what you told, and believe mankind is to blame, then just go on paying your green taxes and feel better about the whole thing.

The bottom line is, the planet naturally heats up and cools down over time. Oceans rise, oceans fall.

Above us is about 10 miles of lower atmosphere. 10 Miles think how far that is. Spread over this vast planet, there are 10 miles of air to polute. Sure some countries and cities pump a lot of shit into the air, but come on, it's not nearly enough to do any planet wide damages. Think of all that air, it just absorbs it.

Think of the great deserts, think of the America's and the vast open plains of Africa, think of Australia, most of that is desert, think of Russia and the vast nothingness of Sybria, and the deserts of North Africa. Then think two thirds of the planet is covered in water, and above all this there is at least 10 miles of air to pollute. Bearing in mind the shit pumped into the atmosphere is breaking down into nothing all the time, do you really think we (Mankind) can damage it.

No we can't, so all this crap about man causing global warming is bollocks. It is a natural accurance, and the only reason we hear about it at the moment is to scare people, because its a good excuse for another tax. No doubt global warming is happening, but I have every doubt man has anything to do with it. For every 'expert' saying man has caused it, another 'expert' claims he hasn't.

It's almost the same as pissing in a swimming pool. WHilst you wouldn't want to swim directly through it, you know it happens, but it's not going to pollite the water, because there is just to much water in relation to piddle.

:clap: :clap:

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
Mr Burns said:

So the fact that the Earth is heating up A LOT quicker than it ever has before in HUNDREDS of MILLIONS of years, is just a coincidence?:glare:

Last edited:

The Oldman

I like the Hat
NSC Patron
Jul 12, 2003
In the shadow of Seaford Head
Djmiles said:
So the fact that the Earth is heating up A LOT quicker than it ever has before in HUNDREDS of MILLIONS of years, is just a coincidence?:glare:

How do you know? There have only been weather records for a few hundred years. Yet we know Europe has been a lot hotter than now in the past.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
The Oldman said:
How do you know? There have only been weather records for a few hundred years. Yet we know Europe has been a lot hotter than now in the past.

As I posted earlier in this thread - the thermometer has only been invented by Fahrenheit 300 years ago.

Someone else pointed out that vineyards were planted as far north as Hadrians Wall by the Romans.

I heard a conversation today with a chap who has studied tidal variations in Liverpool (which has the longest record in the country) and a very good measure of sea levels. They haven't changed for hundreds of years.

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
The Oldman said:

Well Ice core records for a start give us the temperatures for the last 400,000 years.

And I remember being told this in a lecture last semester, so not entirely sure how they know about the hundreds of millions of years bit!:p

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
Just gone though my notes, and Lake sediments in NON glaciated regions give accurate temperature readings of up to several millions years.

Whereas lake sediments in glaciated regions only give us a record of the last 13,000 years, obviously.

Mr Burns said:

No applause for that rubbish mate, it's drivel.

Cutting down trees, is something man has always done - expansively in relation to our population growth. Now you might offer that natural swings and roundabouts will inevitably come around to a hot spell - but there has to be a reason for that too..... and no better reason has been discovered.

The atmosphere absorbs our polution??
Claptrap and nonsense. We are asking a lot of an atmosphere that we are influencing, for IT to adapt to US like some magical sponge....when we are filling the pores of that sponge with muck.

All this poo-pooing and desire to disregard the writing on the wall is strange - as evidence points to mankind's misbehaviour regards our environment and that's that.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
But man's misbehaviour was far worse 50 years ago but the scientists say that the warming is accelerating?

NMH said:
No applause for that rubbish mate, it's drivel.

What he said. :clap2: :clap2:

Yorkie said:

But man's misbehaviour was far worse 50 years ago but the scientists say that the warming is accelerating?

If you start a ball rolling at the top of a hill by giving it a little push it will accelerate even though you are no longer pushing it. We are seeing the results of actions from 50 years ago. Add to that the rate at which 'greenhouse' gases are being added to the environment is higher now than ever before and your comment is simply wrong. Mans behaviour on an individual level 50 years ago may have been worse but collectively we are now far far worse.

Oh, you're right There is no plan B. If the climate change supporters are wrong then we lose a few percentage points in economic growth and have to alter our behaviour slightly. If they are right an we do nothing your grandchildren will not be thanking you yorkie.

Last edited:

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
I was told when I was young that we'd all be starving by the millenium because of population explosion.
I was told that we'd all be blown up in a nuclear war so forgive me if I don't get scared by the media and a few scientists.

tedebear

Legal Alien
Jul 7, 2003
In my computer
I believe that global warming is a natural occurance, but I also believe that we as humans are speeding this process up with our incessance pumping of gases/pollutants into the air.

I do my bit, and thats all I can do, I'm not convinced that paying "green" taxes to the government will be spent in the way it should be, but thats another debate entirely.

What I am convinced by is that there are many other countries out there (eg China) who need to examine their need to build a new polluting power station every year, and how we're going to survive if we can't get oil any more?

Yorkie said:
I was told when I was young that we'd all be starving by the millenium because of population explosion.
I was told that we'd all be blown up in a nuclear war so forgive me if I don't get scared by the media and a few scientists.

So instead you believe a group of people funded by the energy lobby and someone, who calls himself a director and who consistently misrepresents and distorts that which he is told by his interviewees using selective editing?

http://comment.independent.co.uk/commentators/article2359057.ece

Your choice. Believe a lying documentary producer and exxon funded scientists or believe an independent voice like Dr Wuncsh.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
readingstockport said:
So instead you believe a group of people funded by the energy lobby and someone, who calls himself a director and who consistently misrepresents and distorts that which he is told by his interviewees using selective editing?

http://comment.independent.co.uk/commentators/article2359057.ece

Your choice. Believe a lying documentary producer and exxon funded scientists or believe an independent voice like Dr Wuncsh.

I didn't see the documentary. I make my own mind up by things I see, read and hear.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Heard on BBC1 this morning - records only began in 1880 so quotes saying hundreds of years are factually incorrect.

beardy gull

Jul 18, 2003
Portslade
Yorkie said:
Heard on BBC1 this morning - records only began in 1880 so quotes saying hundreds of years are factually incorrect.

you fail to mention the story was one about this winter being the warmest since those records began.....

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
beardy gull said:
you fail to mention the story was one about this winter being the warmest since those records began.....

My point has always been the exaggeration of the global warmists. Of course the climate is changing but it always has. It is cyclical.
Records only began 127 years ago. A mere drop in the ocean compared to the earth's history.

beardy gull

Jul 18, 2003
Portslade
Yorkie said:
My point has always been the exaggeration of the global warmists. Of course the climate is changing but it always has. It is cyclical.
Records only began 127 years ago. A mere drop in the ocean compared to the earth's history.

So you think these scientists (they're not 'global warmists, they're scientists) don't know anything about the earths temp. before this time?

:nono:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here