Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Small things that irritate you.....

Flounce

Nov 15, 2006
People who sit right on or just below the speed limit and hog the outside lane on a dual carriageway when the inside lane is empty. Presumably acting as the speed limit police as I can’t think of any other reason you’d do it. Unless of course they are turning right at the next roundabout 2 miles down the road :rolleyes:

MJsGhost

Oooh Matron, I'm an
NSC Patron
Jun 26, 2009
East
People who sit right on or just below the speed limit and hog the outside lane on a dual carriageway when the inside lane is empty. Presumably acting as the speed limit police as I can’t think of any other reason you’d do it. Unless of course they are turning right at the next roundabout 2 miles down the road :rolleyes:
I followed someone up the hill towards Lewes from the Beddingham roundabout recently. They joined from the A26 (Newhaven road), indicated and moved into the right hand lane straight away (which was odd as the left lane was clear). They sat in the right hand lane doing exactly 60, all the while having a clear left hand lane, before indicating left about 50 yards before the Southerham roundabout to move from the right hand lane, across the left hand lane and take the slip road round the roundabout to head west towards Brighton.
Nothing dangerous about what they were doing, not particularly annoying (would have been if they'd be going 45mph), but just WEIRD. I just thought they'd made a very early manoeuvre to turn right towards Lewes at Southerham. 🤷🏻‍♂️

DavidRyder

Jul 23, 2013
The ‘look at me’ brigade. The people that sit on someone’s shoulders at gigs/festivals because they think they are so attractive that everyone will want to look at them. No thoughts for the poor sods behind. Still, at least they are good targets for the bottles of urine flying about.
1717229130313.jpeg

HangletonGull

Apr 10, 2023
Wrong lane at roundabout
Not using indicator
When getting on bus asking driver if they go there (google)
Not having pass or money ready in on bus
Vaping
Loudspeaker on phones

Sid and the Sharknados

NSC Patron
Sep 4, 2022
Darlington
Wrong lane at roundabout
Not using indicator
When getting on bus asking driver if they go there (google)
Not having pass or money ready in on bus
Vaping
Loudspeaker on phones
Can't say I find anything wrong with asking a bus driver where they go.
Looking up bus maps / timetables can be a real pain in the arse if you're not familiar with the area. And in any case actual human interaction is something we can all do with in life.

What does annoy me is getting on a bus and asking the driver for a single to Brighton, on a bus that goes to Brighton, and INVARIABLY they say "pardon?" as though they've never heard of the place.

This may or may not have been fixed by letting people just scan on now, it's been a while since I got the bus down there. Oh wait, there's another actual human interaction removed. Joy.

Sid and the Sharknados

NSC Patron
Sep 4, 2022
Darlington
Can't say I find anything wrong with asking a bus driver where they go.
Looking up bus maps / timetables can be a real pain in the arse if you're not familiar with the area. And in any case actual human interaction is something we can all do with in life.

What does annoy me is getting on a bus and asking the driver for a single to Brighton, on a bus that goes to Brighton, and INVARIABLY they say "pardon?" as though they've never heard of the place.

This may or may not have been fixed by letting people just scan on now, it's been a while since I got the bus down there. Oh wait, there's another actual human interaction removed. Joy.
Buses. It turns out buses annoy me.

Worried Man Blues

Feb 28, 2009
Swansea
Music blaring from cyclists!! Is this a new thing or have I missed it again.....................

Perry Milkins

Just a quiet guy.
Aug 10, 2007
Ardingly
Buns or cakes with icing wrapped tightly with clear cellophane thingy. Then all the icing sticks to the wrapping and your cake looks quite bare!!

FamilyGuy

Jul 8, 2003
Crawley
People who derail threads by turning them into a fish / cheese pun-fest.

I camembert them, anyone who does that is a Comte.
It wasn't a cheese pun, it was a genuine whinge.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
This stupid spout or whatever it’s f****** called on this orange juice, I just had to use a potato peeler to open it. :rant:

Attachments

• IMG_1442.jpeg
    IMG_1442.jpeg
    80 KB · Views: 30

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003

FamilyGuy

Jul 8, 2003
Crawley

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here