Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Smacking Children

User removed 4

May 9, 2008
Haywards Heath
I respect other parents rights to discipline their child with a smacked arse, in fact I've sometimes wished they would!! but smacking my kids has never been my cup of tea, I've never done it and cant really see any circumstances in which i would.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
It should be a Police caution minimum for anyone caught smacking their kids. It's abuse and an assault against a person at the end of the day and we're not living in the 1950s/60s/70s (delete as applicable) anymore.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Every child is different As is every parent At the end of the day no one knows child the Way a parent does I smack my boy Because i know when he needs /deserves a smack
i now don't have to smack him at all I can take him anywhere without being sown up
He still has his moments of course he does He's a boy after all
But he knows when He's wrong And i can now talk to Him in a reasonable manner
I hope I can carry on doing it this way But if there ever comes a time when i have to smack Him again then i wont hesitate to do it wherever I am
and I don't give two moneys what anyone else thinks
I would rather smack him now Than see Him turn into one of those horrible little scrotes you see around town
At the end of the day He's my son and I'm the one that has to live with the way He turns out

Is there a direct link between not smacking children and them turning out to be little scrotes?

macky

Dec 28, 2004
Is there a direct link between not smacking children and them turning out to be little scrotes?

To be honest i don't know But he's my child and I Will do whatever i think is right
Just as you do with yours My boy is happy Loved by his teachers and school mates
So i think i may be doing something right ? And at the end of the day its my decision to make No one Else's
If You don't smack yours I wont run around saying your wrong Its down to You how You raise Your children Just as its down to Me how I raise mine

Last edited:

Shizuoka Dolphin

NSC M0DERATOR
Jul 8, 2003
N/A
Yes i hope Granny Weatherwax is still with us and I'm not having an argument across the styx river

The dangers of reading NSC on your phone in a quiet staff room. I was hunched over in a ball shuddering like I was having a fit trying not to laugh out loud.

That said, I hope GW is still with us. :)

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
I dont like the idea of smacking a child. But I also believe it is up to parents how to discipline their children, and I agree that at the moment children are not disciplined enough.

Smacking (lightly on the bum bum) a small child as a form of aversion training is fine I think, but as soon as a child has the capacity for reason and logic, I dont see that it is any longer justifiable to use violence.

I do want children to learn respect more than they seem to today, but respect and fear are not the same thing.

There was a segment about school discipline on BBC News this morning, not one word about parents.

I swear parents have given up trying, they outsource parenting to X-factor and X-Box. Soon social services and police will be resident on site at schools as standard (which we are already moving towards), then after that, f*** it, stick the children in an institution from birth and let the state bring them up. This is honestly were I see the wholesale abdication of responsibility by parents and the overbearing control freakery of government eventually taking us.

Police asked to station more constables to cut violent crime in schools | Education | guardian.co.uk
BBC NEWS | UK | England | West Yorkshire | Police placed in all city schools
Schools will have to make room for social workers and the police - Times Online
Labour wants more social workers in schools - 4/12/2010 - Community Care

Last edited:

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
The dangers of reading NSC on your phone in a quiet staff room. I was hunched over in a ball shuddering like I was having a fit trying not to laugh out loud.

That said, I hope GW is still with us. :)

i hope she is and that she sees the funny side.

Last edited:

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
The fact is this argument should be about discipline or no discipline, guidence or no guidence, love or no love, quality time or paid off with presents. It is these things that determine whether our kids turn out to be scrotes or not.

macky

Dec 28, 2004
What do you mean speek plain english Then every one can understand what your on about

macky

Dec 28, 2004
Perhaps a smack as a child Would taught You some manners Might have saved someone doing it in later life:clap2:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here