Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Slightly different McGhee poll

How would you rate McGhee's managerial ability?

• Very good

Votes: 6 6.1%
  • Good

Votes: 27 27.6%
  • Adequate

Votes: 31 31.6%
  • Poor

Votes: 11 11.2%
  • Shite

Votes: 23 23.5%

• Total voters

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
What do you reckon?

Last edited:

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Voted good... but he needs to work on his public pronouncements (sometimes stupid) and man-management skills...

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
B.W. said:
Voted good... but he needs to work on his public pronouncements (sometimes stupid) and man-management skills...

Ditto. Shown himself to be a shrewd manager at times and used some players very well, Virgo etc.

Yet there does seem to be an underlying problem with his man management at times. Although we never hear the full story.

Good to take us out of League One.
Very Good to keep us up.
Poor tactics last season.

Averages out as Good.

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
I think i am very cose to having reached an age when i can no longer accept him.
In my late teens i liked Jimmy Case despite the fact that he was trapped in a managerial dimension i am yet to read of. But McGhee, now that i approach 31, is unacceptable. I don't want to read his diary or look at pictures of him sun-bathing or hunting something.

Caveman

Jul 14, 2003
I think as fans we need to get behind the team this season. Any abuse at the managerial team and players isnt going to help.

I personally wouldn't want anyone else in charge in this division, we aint a Championship side yet I'm afraid, but a good league 1 team we can be.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
Caveman said:
I think as fans we need to get behind the team this season. Any abuse at the managerial team and players isnt going to help.

I personally wouldn't want anyone else in charge in this division, we aint a Championship side yet I'm afraid, but a good league 1 team we can be.

Yep. Think I agree with that. Think he is OK. A good league 1 manager.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Shite

Wrong tactics

Wrong players in position

Motivation wrong "XXXX game doesnt matter" etc

Persisting with an injured Chippy for half a season

I could go on

Last edited:

Disenfranchised again, no option for brilliant :)

Ask Bristol City or Brentford fans how easy it is getting a club up through the play-offs at the first crack.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
London Irish said:

Ask Bristol City or Brentford fans how easy it is getting a club up through the play-offs at the first crack.

LI, do you honestly think MM is a brilliant Manager? Not having a go, just interested.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
London Irish said:

Don't get me wrong LI. I think McGhee has done a very good job on the whole and he has my backing. But if he was a brilliant manager then he wouldn't be our manager.

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
He seems to do well for a couple of seasons and then it all falls apart.

Poor.

Last edited:

Pigsy

Jul 14, 2004
Adequate seems to sum him up nicely, sometimes good, sometimes bad, bog standard type of Div 3 gaffer.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
BarrelofFun said:
Don't get me wrong LI. I think McGhee has done a very good job on the whole and he has my backing. But if he was a brilliant manager then he wouldn't be our manager.

Agreed. He's done well but has made quite a few mistakes. Prob the best we can get at the moment but by no means brilliant. None of the Managers we have had at Withdean have been brilliant.

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
Commander said:
Agreed. He's done well but has made quite a few mistakes. Prob the best we can get at the moment but by no means brilliant. None of the Managers we have had at Withdean have been brilliant.
Are you sure? Micky Adams, Steve Coppell, even Peter Taylor have all gone on to better things. One's in the Premiership and two could be challenging this season.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here