Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Slade should get longer contract

Deano's Invisible Pants

Mar 1, 2008
Right from the start I thought DK made another bad judgement call in only giving Slade a short term contract. If we do end up in League 2:

a) It will be no reflection on Slade's managerial ability
b) We will struggle to find anyone of equivalent or better calibre

And if he does keep us up, there will be other clubs wanting his services. By giving Slade a contract until the end of NEXT season, we could send a message to the players that their futures will be decided by Slade based on their performance in the remainder of the season.

Deano's Invisible Pants

Mar 1, 2008
Premature imo?

This was my opinion on the day he was appointed - it has less to do with today's performance (encouraging though it was) and more to do with the fact that the guy clearly has some good managerial attributes with a good track record, and we are a club in need of continuity of leadership.

BHseagull

Aug 5, 2008
Brighton
i think DK was right. slade has until the end of the season to prove he is what we want as a manager. he's already won me over but there's still a long way to go until the end of the season. if it all went horribly wrong and DK had handed out a 2-3 year deal he'd be the one to get the blame. the players will be playing for their futures anyway as none of them want to be in league 2. good call by knight in my opinion & it seems to be working.

Gordon the Gopher

Jul 16, 2003
Hove
İbrahim Tatlıses;2852101 said:
I don't think we should be giving him a new contract whether we stay up or not - We can do better than that?

You either didn't go today or were asleep.....and sorry but Capello is a little busy at the moment!!

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
we are not going to find ANYONE as good as russell - give him the contract and let him be the man to lead us into falmer

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
You either didn't go today or were asleep.....and sorry but Capello is a little busy at the moment!!
Ignore him.He talks bollocks most of the time.If we go for some big name Charlie then they would probably jump ship at the first sign of a big club who comes knocking.Thats the last thing we need.With Slade he isn't a househoold name and i wouldn't expect him to be poached.Slade can take us forward onto better things quietly.Even if we do go down he is the man to deliver.

Last edited:

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
I'd be happy with him on the proviso we stay up first. Also sort out a contract straight after the end of the season if we survive.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Ignore him.He talks bollocks most of the time.If we go for some big name Charlie then they would probably jump ship at the first sign of a big club who comes knocking.Thats the last thing we need.With Slade hes isn't a househoold name and i wouldn't expect him to be poached.Slade can take us forward onto better things quietly.Even if we do go down he is the man to deliver.

Spot on, my friend.

bhadebenhams

Mar 14, 2009
If that LIAR Dick Knight has any sense he will realise that he made a huge mistake in appointing Micky Adams and publicly admit that you should never go back. He should then appoint Dean Wilkins as manager for next season.

bhadebenhams

Mar 14, 2009
Lets see what happens at the end of the season, to be fair he has played 3 lost 1 ?

No he isn't, you are just won of the Slade lickers. He has played 3 won only 1, not good enough. There is still enough time to bring back Wilkins and Chapman.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here