Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Slade should get longer contract

vulture

Banned
Jul 26, 2004
İbrahim Tatlıses;2852101 said:
I don't think we should be giving him a new contract whether we stay up or not - We can do better than that?

what like that twat adams u so loved

bhadebenhams

Mar 14, 2009
İbrahim Tatlıses;2852209 said:
I think all Brighton fans do still love Micky, I'm sure I'm not the only one that will never forget what he did here first time round.

When he was sacked Slade wasn't our first, second or even third choice manager to appoint - we were left with him. We can do a lot better.

Although with faith I can see Slade keeping us up, I can't see him taking us up or anywhere near. We need a better, higher profile manager that can attract better, higher profile players & see us into Falmer. Slade is not that man.

Do we really have another season to waste with Falmer just around the corner?

True, bring back WILKINS and your prayers will be answered. He ticks every box you mention.

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
It is only one game, and we do need to wait and see what happens over the rest of the season, but I for one am very impressed with Slade. Just listened to his post match interview and he speaks a massive amount of sense. Here's hoping he can keep us up and then take us forward.

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
İbrahim Tatlıses;2852209 said:
Although with faith I can see Slade keeping us up, I can't see him taking us up or anywhere near. We need a better, higher profile manager that can attract better, higher profile players & see us into Falmer. Slade is not that man.

Do we really have another season to waste with Falmer just around the corner?
I think Slade is that man, we don't need a high profile manager or high profile players, we just need a good manager who can buy and develop good players and I'm confident that slade can do that.

Deano's Invisible Pants

Mar 1, 2008
I think Slade is that man, we don't need a high profile manager or high profile players, we just need a good manager who can buy and develop good players and I'm confident that slade can do that.

Totally agree. Leading up to his appointment I was a bit sceptical and probably would have preferred a bigger name, but you've only got to listen to the guy to know that he brings a blend of intelligence, pragmatism and passion that, let's face it, has been missing from several of our more recent managerial appointments.

bhadebenhams

Mar 14, 2009
he brings a blend of intelligence, pragmatism and passion that, let's face it, has been missing from several of our more recent managerial appointments.

That's an inslut to Dean Wilkins.

Captain Haddock

Aug 2, 2005
The Deep Blue Sea
Ignore him.He talks bollocks most of the time.If we go for some big name Charlie then they would probably jump ship at the first sign of a big club who comes knocking.Thats the last thing we need.With Slade he isn't a househoold name and i wouldn't expect him to be poached.Slade can take us forward onto better things quietly.Even if we do go down he is the man to deliver.

Great post....although just one thing. I have the distinct impression from DK's interviews on Slade that he is very much reserving judgement and avoiding being drawn on talking of RS as the medium term plan (yet).

Could it be that DK suspects the Jim Gannon option hasn't really disappeared and may come into the equation again in the summer?

And if so, and Gannon genuinely comes into contention for next season, where does he fit into Algie's model of low profile / under the radar / possibility of sticking around long term? For me, he sits somewhere between the Slade and Ince varieties...though nearer to Slade.

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
Could it be that DK suspects the Jim Gannon option hasn't really disappeared and may come into the equation again in the summer?
I did think that when we first got Slade. But then I thought about it some more and I'm not convinced it's realistic. For one, it would be chaos with so many players out of contract, who would decide that, and when? Secondly, despite the Wilkins debacle I think Knight is quite loyal to his managers. Would he dump Slade ruthlessly for Gannon if he kept us up?
I'm not sure the Gannon situation will have changed anyway.

Deano's Invisible Pants

Mar 1, 2008
We won one match, against Slade's old players, at home, and they were rubbish.

SO PULL YOURSELF TOGETHER FFS!

As mentioned previously in the this thread, it's not so much to do with today's result against what was a shite Yeovil side. It's more to do with the fact that he's got good credentials, and we badly need continuity. The trouble is, if he does well for us, we're likely to face considerable competition for his signature. And I don't buy the argument that he wants to see what happens this season before committing. Had he been offered a 2 year contract he would have bitten DK's arm off.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here