Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Slade sacked..

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
From the Argus

Albion have sacked managr Russell Slade after eight months in charge.

The Albion manager was relieved of his duties today, following the 3-3 draw with Hartlepool United at Withdean yesterday.

Chairman Tony Bloom said: "It is not a decision we have taken lightly and one taken with a heavy heart.

"Russell is a good man - which made it an even harder decision to take - but it is one which has been made in the club's best interests.

"Like all Albion fans, I am extremely grateful for Russell's achievements at the end of last season, as he kept us in League One against the odds."

Slade added, "I am extremely sad that things have not worked out - but we have parted on good terms.

"I felt we were progressing through a much-needed and vital rebuilding process; that was never going to be easy with the large turnover of players during the close season.

"Whoever the club appoints will inherit a squad with enormous potential and an extremely supportive fan base. The supporters have been first class throughout my time here - and I would like to place on record my thanks to them.

"I'd also like to thank those staff and players, who worked so hard for me during the past eight months, and of course Dick Knight for giving me the opportunity to manage the club in the first place."

Assistant manager Dean White and first-team coach Bob Booker are also leaving the club.

Martin Hinshelwood will takeover as caretaker manager, assisted by Steve Brown and Charlie Oatway.

Bloom added, "Dean and Bob have both played a huge part in the club's history, not least in the three most-recent promotion successes. I would like to thanks them for their commitment over the past nine years."

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
Chuckle Bruvers gone too.

jordanseagull

Feb 11, 2009
Greeno, good tip. Now, you said that we wouldn't believe you if you told us how you knew.
Now we believe you, how DID you know?

throbinson

Feb 18, 2009
Shropshire
Having a good clean out, shame to see slade go, dont want hinslewood in charge for to long, so come on bloom get it sorted before next saturday

Foolg

Apr 23, 2007
Its a shame, but really had to happen with the current results and games coming up!
Wish Russel all the best, what he did last year saved our back, and without him we would be sitting in league 2 playing against some serious shite!
Lets hope someone has been lined up, those wanting curbs i think should get realistic, seeing as he's favourite for the hull job.
Best of luck too to white and booker, despite what people said they deserve our best wishes!
Cheers russ :thumbsup:

Mr Burns

Aug 25, 2003
Springfield
Greeno, good call mate:clap::clap:, but don't except any apologises from most of the fuckers who hammered you in your thread.
If you're as new as your post count suggests, you'll soon learn there a lot of sad fuckers on here, who hate not being "in the know":D:D

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here