Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Slade sacked..

vulture

Banned
Jul 26, 2004
Whats wrong with some off the people on here.This guy has posted a rumour/fact and says ban him if not true.Then the mods acting all out of order want to ban him.Maybe the fact this guy knows before some off you has wound some on here up.
By all means ban him if by this time tommorow Russell Slade is still manager of the Albion but until then give the guy a break.

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
just got the club text,

He's gone

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
I think these kinds of threads should be placed in quarantine (maybe 'Childish Ramblings') until there is any evidence of them being true. So far, Greeno has provided no evidence that his word counts for anything.

Al Bion

What's that in my dustbin
Sep 3, 2004
Up North
Text reads: Russell Slade is leaving the Albion. He was relieved of his duties earlier today. Martin Hinshelwood takes caretaker charge.

Al Bion

What's that in my dustbin
Sep 3, 2004
Up North
It's a shame but hardly to be expected given the current run of results and the expectations we all (probably unjustly) have

sjamesb3466

Jan 31, 2009
Leicester
Its true, many will also be pleased to read that White and Booker have gone too.

From website

Russell Slade is leaving Brighton & Hove Albion after eight months in charge.

The Albion manager was relieved of his duties earlier today, following the 3-3 draw with Hartlepool United at Withdean yesterday.

Chairman Tony Bloom commented, "It is not a decision we have taken lightly and one taken with a heavy heart.

"Russell is a good man - which made it an even harder decision to take - but it is one which has been made in the club's best interests.

"Like all Albion fans, I am extremely grateful for Russell's achievements at the end of last season, as he kept us in League One against the odds."

Slade added, "I am extremely sad that things have not worked out - but we have parted on good terms.

"I felt we were progressing through a much-needed and vital rebuilding process; that was never going to be easy with the large turnover of players during the close season.

"Whoever the club appoints will inherit a squad with enormous potential and an extremely supportive fan base. The supporters have been first class throughout my time here - and I would like to place on record my thanks to them.

"I'd also like to thank those staff and players, who worked so hard for me during the past eight months, and of course Dick Knight for giving me the opportunity to manage the club in the first place."

Assistant manager Dean White and first-team coach Bob Booker are also leaving the club. Martin Hinshelwood will takeover as caretaker manager, assisted by Steve Brown and Charlie Oatway.

Bloom added, "Dean and Bob have both played a huge part in the club's history, not least in the three most-recent promotion successes. I would like to thanks them for their commitment over the past nine years."

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here