Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Slade out by monday

Trigger

Jul 4, 2003
Brighton
When are you lot going to get it into your heads?... IT DOES NOT MATTER WHO IS IN CHARGE WHEN THEY HAVE TO WORK WITH WHITE AND BOOKER!!!...

Sir Alex would struggle having to work with tweedle dum and tweedle dee.

There are two things that have been constant throughout the recents years failures, 1) White 2) Booker.

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
When are you lot going to get it into your heads?... IT DOES NOT MATTER WHO IS IN CHARGE WHEN THEY HAVE TO WORK WITH WHITE AND BOOKER!!!...

Sir Alex would struggle having to work with tweedle dum and tweedle dee.

There are two things that have been constant throughout the recents years failures, 1) White 2) Booker.

so true

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
RS said that he would reorganise the backroom staff , in the end he only changed the medical/physio set up , did the Board know it would all go tits up with BB and DW still being paid a salary and not let him bring in his own guys ?

doug7126

Apr 13, 2008
Aldershot
now i am over the terrible result and stopped sulking i think he does need to stay it's just hard to accept these bad results when on paper we have got such a good squad.

slade in.

and i take full responsiblity for starting this thread. knob

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill
glad you see sense now dougie

silkster

Nov 3, 2005
Has everyone gone mad?? Okay, bad result today but that was 90% down to bad luck with refereeing decisions and a host of missed chances

Look on the bright side people - we created more chances that I have seen in an Albion game for a LONG time. The future is bright, we just need to ride out this run of bad luck

doug7126

Apr 13, 2008
Aldershot
now i am over the terrible result and stopped sulking i think he does need to stay it's just hard to accept these bad results when on paper we have got such a good squad.

slade in.

and i take full responsiblity for starting this thread. knob

RexCathedra

Aurea Mediocritas
Jan 14, 2005
Vacationland
Reading this board through the past several years' manager shambles just makes Dario Gradi's career -- twenty-odd years, three promotions, three relegations, member of the board, interim manager, retired again, still serving in an advisory capacity -- even more of a marvel. Is there something in the drinking water up at Crewe?

foul old ron

I'll decide, thank you.
Feb 26, 2009
Round the back, by the bins.
I would like to bet that all of you calling for Slade to be sacked are the same people who thought we would be promoted this season. The realistic fans among us knew that it was going to be a tough year and that we really are a work in progress. We have shown flashes of being a good team and I am sure Slade will get it right soon.

Having said that, if he does not put Dicker in the team for Millwall after his performance today then prehaps you're right.

wehatepalace

Limbs
NSC Patron
Apr 27, 2004
Pease Pottage
It will be like last season, give him time, give him time and then before we know it we'll be in a relegation dog fight and trying to avoid relegation to the BOTTOM tier of English football.
I say lets get rid now before it's too late. Thank you Russell you kept us up last year, but it's time to go.

The Brighton Buzz

Falmer here we come
Jan 31, 2008
If Slade gets sacked an Bob Booker and Dean Shite stay it will be a disgrace.

Spot on. Defensively we have the right players, but these two coaches (clowns) have no idea what to do on the training ground. Russell Slade will get it right but only when Booker and White have gone and been replaced with a decent defensive coach. Yes,, Slade has made mistakes, Dicker being the main one, but changing the manager now is not the answer. A new manager would bring in his own team. Russell needs to do that now. Booker and White are the two constants over two dire seasons.

northampton_seagull

Jun 17, 2008
Northampton
Im not wanting Slade out, but how long was his contract?

I stick with the 10 league game rule. Then you start to see how the league is properly turning out.

6 more games for Slade then we can be reevaluate.

wizo7

Man Met Massive
Dec 17, 2008
Bolney
Supporters are so fickle....Slade to stay imo. Wait for the team to gel and then re-evaluate the teams position at christmas with regards to Slade's performance.

SI 4 BHA

Nov 12, 2003
westdene, brighton
Spot on. Defensively we have the right players, but these two coaches (clowns) have no idea what to do on the training ground. Russell Slade will get it right but only when Booker and White have gone and been replaced with a decent defensive coach. Yes,, Slade has made mistakes, Dicker being the main one, but changing the manager now is not the answer. A new manager would bring in his own team. Russell needs to do that now. Booker and White are the two constants over two dire seasons.

So it's all Bookers and Whites fault is it? They decide who we sign, what formation we play, pick the team, decide on substitutions etc? I'm sure there are better coaches than these two, but Slade is in charge and has around 400 matches as a manager and I can't believe that he has no input into the training programme each day. With his experience surely he would be able to see if his coaches were not up to the job and then take the appropriate action. I would hope that Slade tells his coaches what to do, not the other way round!

However I do agree that they have probably past their sell by dates at the Albion and we could do with some new blood on the coaching staff.

Arfurfuxsake

Apr 28, 2008
Littlehampton
I think He has brought some good players in....They havent played together in matches together very often yet.. I reckon give him 10 games to try and get the team to gel together. If we dont win at least 7 of them,then he should go! Give the lads a chance!!!:bounce:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here