Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Slade out by monday

Seecider

Apr 25, 2009
How much stick would The Board have got on here had they decided that Slade was only a crisis keep us up man and NOT given him a contract after the end of last season ?

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
my concern is that Slade had a few months at the end of last season to assess the squad - who to keep, let go, etc and what was needed to improve the team. He made his decisions and signed the players (he spent quite a bit of money) he felt would make us a better team. He had the whole of the summer to work with his squad in training and friendlies. He took the job and said he was happy with Booker and White.

So in many respects he had the ideal start, yet on matches played this season we are bottom of the league

Feb 5, 2009
brighton
Alot of u need to give it a rest seriously!!! Slade must stay and do what his good at just because the season has started badly!!!
imo the players are to blame and need to step up there game!!!

ewe2

Mar 14, 2008
Hailsham area
I want Slade to stay but Bloom I think will sack him by Milwall along with bodger and badger

Brighton managers will begin to fear the Millwall match !!!! To sugest Slade should be sacked already is beyond madness. However we should look at the resolve of man utd,a bad result midweek......a crushing victory today,not words just results !!!!!!!

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
How much stick would The Board have got on here had they decided that Slade was only a crisis keep us up man and NOT given him a contract after the end of last season ?

He was given a contract amidst all the euphoria of retaining League 1 status , the Board would have come in for plenty of flak for not making an instant decision. The question that should be posed is whether or not the right decision was made.

Dorset Seagull

Once Dolphin, Now Seagull
Are some of you people 5 years old or what? One minute slade is the best manager ever, 2 weeks later he's hopeless. (Same with Dickinson.) What happens when Slade's sacked & the new manager comes in & loses a couple of games?
Get a bit of patience for Christs sake.

Well said I find it a complete joke that anyone is even considering it a good idea to sack a manager a handful of games into a season. The sensible amongst us dreamt of a play off spot this season but realistically knew that that was probably beyond us. We will finish above mid table this year with a squad capable of promotion next year

king Wombat

Nov 9, 2003
wombat world
Well said I find it a complete joke that anyone is even considering it a good idea to sack a manager a handful of games into a season. The sensible amongst us dreamt of a play off spot this season but realistically knew that that was probably beyond us. We will finish above mid table this year with a squad capable of promotion next year

agree.

Feb 5, 2009
brighton

Also agree!!!
you peeps cant keep asking for the manager to be sacked when we lose!!!
you make me sick!!!
with nine men we still looked like we could win!!!:albion2:

shwoody1

May 18, 2009
lewes
He was given a contract amidst all the euphoria of retaining League 1 status , the Board would have come in for plenty of flak for not making an instant decision. The question that should be posed is whether or not the right decision was made.

sounds right to me. the other main question should be how long is he given to turn it around? same mistakes being made, players getting sent off for fun, hawkins on as sub(thought this was a stronger squad than last year) it all looks abit of a mess. i really fel that something is badly wrong somewhere but where who knows! :mad::mad:

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
I cant believe some people want slade gone, its a joke. People had too high expectations of this season at the start of the year because of Bloom.

Im sure the tards who thought brighton woul walk the league are the same who are calling for slades head.

Who would Brighton replace him with?

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
Personally i think mr bloom will give him another month or so as we have spent nearly £1 million on players,well i presume its nearly a million:p

Also mr bloom isn't small time like dick knight and will not beat around the bush when sacking someone.:whisky:

SittingbourneSeagull

Dec 27, 2007
Sittingbourne
I can't believe some of the rubbish written on here. About 5 competitive games ago Slade was carried from the Withdean pitch a hero.

It has been a bad week but some so called fans are already wanting him sacked. You need to get some perspective. We will play alot worse then today and win and have better luck.

Last season everyone complained we had too many loan players and we were changing players too often. Now we do have alot of new players but they are at least our own and they will have time to improve.

I must be getting old because Managers used to be given time to build a team , but apparantly not any more. Lots of you say you know the best team asking why he is not playing certain players, but given the chance (if you were qualified to) most of you would not have a clue and would probably bottle it at the first sign of pressure.

Some of you need to grow up and let our Manager get on with his job.

Rant over

Feb 5, 2009
brighton
QUOTE=SittingbourneSeagull;3090548]I can't believe some of the rubbish written on here. About 5 competitive games ago Slade was carried from the Withdean pitch a hero.

It has been a bad week but some so called fans are already wanting him sacked. You need to get some perspective. We will play alot worse then today and win and have better luck.

Last season everyone complained we had too many loan players and we were changing players too often. Now we do have alot of new players but they are at least our own and they will have time to improve.

I must be getting old because Managers used to be given time to build a team , but apparantly not any more. Lots of you say you know the best team asking why he is not playing certain players, but given the chance (if you were qualified to) most of you would not have a clue and would probably bottle it at the first sign of pressure.

Rant over[/QUOTE]

:thumbsup:[:albion2:

shwoody1

May 18, 2009
lewes
I can't believe some of the rubbish written on here. About 5 competitive games ago Slade was carried from the Withdean pitch a hero.

Rant over
i understand what your saying but as for people not having a clue almost everyone on here was probably amazed that dicker didnt start the season, apart from russ , then he finally puts him on and admits he was one of the best on the park, iwould not have bottled that one! as for elphick he said it wasnt a sending off, my arse. its alright building a squad for the future as fergie did but start with the basics, eg defending, staying on the pitch for 90 minutes and being fit enough to play to the final whistle, until we do nothing will change.

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle
I don't think it's the number of defeats we have suffered that will cost Slade his job...................just the manner of them.

itszamora

Go Jazz Go
Sep 21, 2003
London
We are FOUR GAMES into the league season. FOUR. Any club that takes itself seriously CANNOT sack a manager every time the team goes four games without a win, it's lunacy. As others have pointed out, we need continuity and not to be chopping and changing all the time.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
The results speak for themselves , 1 point and 23rd in the table. It might be different if we had lost 3 games 1-0 but to concede 12 goals is unacceptable.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Typical NSC over the top reaction. Jesus if we had scored that penalty we probably would have gone on to win the game and people would be saying we have turned the corner. Freak result and the manager cannot legislate for moments of stupidity from his players.

For me the worry is the lack of protection in front of the back four. Navarro and Crofts does not work Dicker has to start the next game. Positives from today until their goal we looked to play the ball on the deck and created a lot of openings. That and Dickenson is starting to look better by the game neat touches and good positioning going to be a real star for us this season

Overall you just had that feeling today that if we bet on black it would land on red but Slade is the man to turn it around and calling for his head now is frankly ridiculous

I agree, the only fault I have with Slade is that he hasn't used Dicker properly. Hopefully, after his performance today he will start against Millwall.

If if if if if if , if we had scored the penalty, if we had not got players sent off, if we defended better, if the ref was better, if if if if, all these things are in our own hands, we did not score the penalty, we did get players sent off, we defended like dog shit again, the ref was right with the big decisions , its ALWAYS someone else's fault isn't it.

You are of course right, it is always someone else's fault. I didn't get sent off today, I didn't miss a penalty today, I didn't let Stockport players waltz past me. So, Brighton's defeat was not my fault and, ipso facto, it must have been someone else's.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here