Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Slade going MENTAL at the end...

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
and doing what can only be described as a cross between an impression of the incredible hulk as he engages in hulking up, and an embarassing uncle DANCING at a wedding to some sort of footlose song

best thing seen from a brighton manager in YEARS - give him that contract NOW

ward is god

Dec 26, 2008
Somerset near Yeovil
Love him - sign him up - he has passion and inspires the team to believe in themselves. Micky Adams team would never have come back tonight from one nil down. Russell Slade's blue and white army!!!! I also know that he loves it in Brighton and likes the fact that the club have ambition and are looking to go places (not league two!). I think it was significant that his number two at Yeovil was in our away end tonight.

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
his mourinho-style CHARGE down the touchline was extremely delightful as well

porkdog

May 9, 2008
by the sea
I think i could marry him.

Tonight he showed what hes all about, he loved it. he shows so much passion and obviously knows how much that meant to every fan tonight and over the last few games, its as if hes in the stands with you being a fan as well as pulling pretty much a second sting team togther to play there guts out for 90 mins. it was top drawer.
when would you ever see Mickey doing what he was doing in and at the end of the game. he has to stay no matter what the outcome.

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
Regardless of whether we stay up or not, he NEEDS to stay. The turnaround has been amazing under Slade.

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
and doing what can only be described as a cross between an impression of the incredible hulk as he engages in hulking up, and an embarassing uncle DANCING at a wedding to some sort of footlose song

Yes, yes & thrice YES! The guy's fandabie-f***ing-dosie!! :clap:

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Give him a contract ASAP, regardless of what happens over the next two games (although I am convinced we're staying up).

He gets the best out of the players in every game, he cares about what he's doing, he celebrates success just like an ordinary fan would and he is not afraid to say it how it is, surely these are all qualities we should be looking to keep at this club?

Ironically, the last manager I can remember who showed as much outward passion was Micky Adams Part I.....

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
He has dfone a great job and would love him to stay. Everything point to that happening but I wouldn't put money on it. Who saw Wilkins leaving this time last year?

siclean

ex hollingbury
Apr 14, 2009

yeah well he gets bonus if we stay up so he is gonna get excited :yahoo::yahoo::yahoo::yahoo::yahoo::yahoo:

the man is a legend! Without Murray and Forster you would have thought we would have struggled but no this man finds a guy called Hart who instills what the belief and also seems to have connected well with a man called Owusu .... i take my hat off to him ( but not to reveal a shining bonce :p ):clap2:

Horney

Oct 12, 2008
Get yer hat off,
Get yer hat off,
Get yer hat off for the lads ....
Get yer hat off for the lads!

And he duly obliged.
Marvelous scenes!

Actually, the credit should go to a certain Mr. Lee Francis, who let out a singular bellow of huge ferocity, demanding that our esteemed manager should remove his hat and display his shiny pate.
Mr. Francis can be found at " The Donkey " ( near Elstead, Surrey ) where the gents is a shrine to the mighty stripes....he is available to take bookings at all times, apart from when BHA are playing.

D

Deleted member 2719

Russell deserves a contract just for the way he has inspired the players and reunited the fans alone even if we don't stay up.
However we must not give him the contract until it's a clear whether we are staying up or not as he and the players and fans must not be distracted at this point.
When Slade has been given the contract Knight must keep his nose out of it and let Slade do his job without interference as he is a old school football manger and he won't put up with interfering chairman.

So listen up Knight chance to save your bacon until Falmer sign up Slade and keep your nose out of it, quite simple really.

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC
When Slade has been given the contract Knight must keep his nose out of it and let Slade do his job without interference as he is a old school football manger and he won't put up with interfering chairman.

So listen up Knight chance to save your bacon until Falmer sign up Slade and keep your nose out of it, quite simple really.

just a question like - but how do we know that Knight does interfere with managers (in the nicest possible way)? As I've mentioned before, both Coppell and McGhee rejected that accusation and I cant believe Adams would've come back if it were true.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here