Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Slade going MENTAL at the end...

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Also ugly rumours of all out inc. DK and Gary Stevens in
:down::down::wozza:
More worryingly the club STILL haven't admitted they f***ed up last year, so there is a still chance that they'll dump Slade and give us something like Albion legend Gary Stevens - 'cos they think a 'name' like that is what the fans want.

gullshark

Dec 5, 2005
Worthing
<-----------------Going Mental :bowdown:

Imagine that face down a dark alley.

les dynam

Oct 10, 2008
Hove
Love him - sign him up - he has passion and inspires the team to believe in themselves. Micky Adams team would never have come back tonight from one nil down. Russell Slade's blue and white army!!!! I also know that he loves it in Brighton and likes the fact that the club have ambition and are looking to go places (not league two!). I think it was significant that his number two at Yeovil was in our away end tonight.

who was his assistant at yeovil then? and was he celebrating at the end... or just sort of sitting there trying not to look too out of place?

Brighton till i die

You havin' a bubble?
Jan 31, 2004
On the terraces!!
The man is a f***ing legend - honestly its like he's got blue n white blood running thro him.

in the 6th minute of stoppage time last night i thought he was going to run on and blow the whistle for the ref.

the man is everything i love about proper football managers...running on the pitch, or down the sidelines when we score, kicking and heading every ball with the players, and the way he loves the fans already.

give the man a contract PLEASE Mr Knight - even befopre the last 2 games - whatever happens he is exactly what we need.

The Face

H Block
Jan 24, 2007
BN2
His assistant at Yeovil was Steve Thompson (no, not that one although it would explain why he was always missing in our midfield!). Played for Wycombe and Yeovil as a player.

Caveman

Jul 14, 2003
Slade should get a contract and like others have stated this should be regardless of if we go down or not now. He has done enough and showed enough passion and belief that I feel he will be an assest to this club.

Not too sure that I would want Dick Knight sitting down with him now discussing contracts though. He needs to finish the great escape first!

We're are not out the woods yet!

Smythe

Oct 8, 2008
Brightonian in Manchester
The man is a f***ing legend - honestly its like he's got blue n white blood running thro him.

in the 6th minute of stoppage time last night i thought he was going to run on and blow the whistle for the ref.

the man is everything i love about proper football managers...running on the pitch, or down the sidelines when we score, kicking and heading every ball with the players, and the way he loves the fans already.

give the man a contract PLEASE Mr Knight - even befopre the last 2 games - whatever happens he is exactly what we need.

agree 100%.........surely DK cant f*** up 2 years running with managers, he must stay!!!!!

Not only is he getting results from some very ordinary players, he loves the fans and he's a great character too. I'm well and truly in love. If Dick Knight thought getting rid of Wilkins was controversial then he hasn't seen anything compared to if he dares get rid of Russell.

That should be given to the Board in large CAPITAL letters as a warning. If as I sincerely hope RS manages to achieve the impossible, he should 110% be offered a good contract - end of.

If DK and the Board make any other decision - I will personaly go down to the club offices, photo copy my season ticket and shove a copy where the sun doesn't shine of each Director. They f***ed up once getting rid of a good manager, they f***ed up twice bringing back an incompetent - DON'T F*** it up again :censored::censored:

Oct 25, 2003
slade should defo get a contract, he's done a GREAT job

i'd just like ONE summer where we know who our manager's going to be for the next season, and we can just let him get on with it rather than worrying

i'd like to see him bring his own staff in aswell (if he wants)

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
just a question like - but how do we know that Knight does interfere with managers (in the nicest possible way)? As I've mentioned before, both Coppell and McGhee rejected that accusation and I cant believe Adams would've come back if it were true.

Because it's come from several different sources. Only the other day at Colchester someone who is very much in the know told me as such.

This thread is typical of Brighton fans on this board. 3 wins and the bloke is being put forward for a knighthood.

IF he keeps us up then by all means give him another year. But no more than that. If the Wilkins/Adams debacle has taught us anything it's that we shouldn't be giving long contracts to managers.

TWOCHOICEStom

Sep 22, 2007
Brighton
Slade going mental was not as funny as BOOKER going metal at the ballboy. A PROPER sustained attack :clap::clap:
lol for no reason either...

"OI! OI! OI!.. F****NG QUICKER!!!"

the ref had stopped the game aswell, so it was just designed to put the wind up him haha.

:clap:

Bluejuice

Lazy as a rug on Valium
Sep 2, 2004
The free state of Kemp Town
Because it's come from several different sources. Only the other day at Colchester someone who is very much in the know told me as such.

This thread is typical of Brighton fans on this board. 3 wins and the bloke is being put forward for a knighthood.

IF he keeps us up then by all means give him another year. But no more than that. If the Wilkins/Adams debacle has taught us anything it's that we shouldn't be giving long contracts to managers.

Yes but it's THREE successive wins, DECENT performances by all accounts AND with some of our best players missing.

I don't want to get carried away but after the season we've had these three wins have been sheer bliss

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC

so is this interfering with all managers or just some of them?

Don Tmatter

Jul 7, 2003
dont matter
Slade is the most visibly passionate manager we've had since Mullery 1st time round, hope he gets to manage us against Palace one day.

mona

The Glory Game
Jul 9, 2003
High up on the South Downs.
Russell Slade is a genuine character and Albion fans like characters. He has united the fans, the players and even NSC !! He has brought optimism back to the club.

CONTRACT FOR THE GREAT MAN NOW !!!!

Rumour has it that Huddersfield away has been declared Russell Slade Tribute Day. Baseball caps to be worn.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here