Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Slade back Tuesday who is going to be released?

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
I think we will offer new deals to:

Tommy Fraser, Gary Hart, Dan Royce, John Sullivan & Andrew Whing.

I think we will release:

Chris Birchall, Seb Carole, Adam Hinshelwood, Kerry Mayo & Kane Wills.

I'm not sure what we'll do with:
Sam Gargan, Jason Jarrett, Kane Louis, Andrew Pearson, Jake Robinson.

I think Sam has done well in the Blue Square Prem and may be worth holding onto for another year at his presumably low wage. I suspect Slade will want to take a look at Robinson but I'm sure Jake will have other offers and may feel its time to move on. The problem for both is that we'll probably have Murray, Forster, Hart and Davies ahead of them in the pecking order.

CliveWalkerWingWizard

Aug 31, 2006
surrenden
I think Robinson may be worth one more year if slade can get the best out of him. Cover wide right or up front.
I also think Bangura may offer something in midfield - he has a lot of championship games under his belt - with the right management could do well at this level.
McCloud can go as far as I am concerned - not ability - fitness - never bust a gut to lose those extra pounds, If he does get fit he would offer quality with his crosses.
El Abd - goodbye as well - although he is another player who can cover positions (he sacres me at CB).
Hawkins Goodbye !
Seb - my kid loves him - but not consistent - Goodbye!
Kerry - great servent - thanks - but goodbye !
Dixon - Keep him ! no not really - goodbye !
Hawkins - Goodbye !
Whing (2yrs) Dicker (2yrs) Owusu (1yr/2yrs?) Harty Loft Fraser (1yr contracts)

To go .... el abd ,dixon,jarrett,birchall(but i believe he thinks hes gone already),carole,mayo,hinshelwood.

1 year .... hart,loft and Owusu if he dont like it then down under he can go

to sign dicker,borrowdale(but i think QPR rate him)

other than that Im sure the man with the balding head (cue james bond music) will surprise us with that he wants :bowdown:

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
sadly i dont think john sullivan will be offered a new contract and im sure he will get another league club and i wish him well where ever he plays.
I would be very surprised if Sullivan is let go.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
sadly i dont think john sullivan will be offered a new contract and im sure he will get another league club and i wish him well where ever he plays.

Why is that? Can see him been offered one but if he has another offer and better chance of first team football from another club, leaving. Will be a shame if that happens because I think he will our Number 1 by next year

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
I think:
-contracts will be offered to Hart, Loft, Fraser, Sullivan, Whing and Owusu.
-We'll make an offer for Dicker.
-Mayo will be offered a three month contract. He'll start as our leftback. If he does well in those three months he'll be offered a year contract. If not he'll be released and we'll get someone in on loan to fill in at left back until McNulty returns.
-We'll sign two more midfielders(not inclding dicker).
-Hawkins will be released or binned off to some lower level team.
-Robinson, same as Mayo. A three month contract to start with.
-Gargan. No idea. If he's on low wages it might be a good idea to stick with him-what with Forster, Owusu and Hart all being over 30. Maybe send him out on loan to gain first team experience.
-Jarret, Carole, Birchall and any of the other short term contract players all released.
-Lynch. Who knows?

Therefore our squad at the start of the season will be:
G.K
Kuipers, Sullivan

Def
McNulty, Mayo, Lynch(maybe), Hinshelwood, Elphick, Virgo, El Abd, Whing

Mid
Mcleod, Livermore, Cox, Dicker, Loft, Fraser, two new signings

Att
Forster, Murray, Owusu, Davies, Hart, Robinson(maybe), Gargan

Plus any young'uns that have been given a pro-contract.

N.B This prediction is probably less reliable than a certain posters betting tips...

RM-Taylor

He's Magic.... You Know
NSC Patron
Jan 7, 2006
Gary Hart, Doug Loft, Kerry Mayo and Jake Robinson are dead certs to go. I'm praying we'll give Whingy a contract.

Why do you say Loft and Hart are dead certs to go Kev? If MA was here then they would have gone but under RS they have been given the chance and grasped it with both hands.

I think it's almost a certanty that they will achieve new deals, if only for a season.

NF9

Feb 24, 2009
Brighton
136-22279%7EMy-Saviour-Posters.jpg

Slade talking to dick knight about becoming Brighton boss..

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
The man that you have continually derided and called for him to be relegated to the conference? Is that a backtrack, BG?

I did go on Harty's phone in to say that he has exceeded all my expectations and that I think that he has earnt himself a new contract so I would offer him a 12 months to see if he progresses or if these last few weeks have been a flash in the pan.

NF9

Feb 24, 2009
Brighton
Didn't know Russell had a pet lamb ?? !! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

:ascarf:

The lamb was for his dinner he was just putting it in the oven when he heard chanting coming from below the cloud he then envisaged himself as brighton boss before Dick knight made him the offer

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Must offer Dicker and Owusu deals...

Carole, Jarrett & Birch must be released, surely...

Whing must get an offer of at least 2 years...

Other than that, not sure...

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
I saw the great man in Costa Coffee on Church Road earlier, I only gave him a quick hello and well done before wishing him good luck for tomorrow, but he did make a comment I found particularly beffudling, "tomorrow might be ambitious, but thanks pal". I get the impression he's not completely made up his mind yet! He did look a bit stressed, can't be easy for him making these decisions.

NF9

Feb 24, 2009
Brighton
I saw the great man in Costa Coffee on Church Road earlier, I only gave him a quick hello and well done before wishing him good luck for tomorrow, but he did make a comment I found particularly beffudling, "tomorrow might be ambitious, but thanks pal". I get the impression he's not completely made up his mind yet! He did look a bit stressed, can't be easy for him making these decisions.

We must all follow the words of our saviour Russell the almighty.

:bowdown::bowdown:WE MUST ALL BE AMBITIOUS TOMORROW:bowdown::bowdown:

bigc

Jul 5, 2003
I found particularly beffudling, "tomorrow might be ambitious, but thanks pal".

Could simply mean, like earlier this decade, we won't be finding out what is going on for awhile.

As in, it's ambitious to expect anything to be resolved tomorrow.

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
Gary Hart, Doug Loft, Kerry Mayo and Jake Robinson are dead certs to go. I'm praying we'll give Whingy a contract.

Why exactly are Hart and Loft dead certs to go? Since finally being fit from an injury he has had for almost two years, Harty has been fantastic and a major part of our late season revival so should definitely get another year. Loft is less clear cut but I would say he will probably get a deal. Neither of them are dead certs to leave although I agree about Robinson and Mayo.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here