Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Slade back Tuesday who is going to be released?

S'hampton Seagull

Oct 12, 2003
Southampton
What has he done in the last year to merit being released?

*edit* too late

Surely you have to earn a contract before you are given one. I just don't think he has earned it.

Also, If we have Murray, Forster, Davies and hopefully Owusu, what is the point of keeping him?

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
All we know is that he hasn't featured for the 1st team much (if at all) and hasn't really contributed anything.

I don't really see why we would give him another contract.

He's a first year pro, they hardly ever get near the first team. It will be up to the management to decide how the players development is going and if they think they're going to make it.

It's just a bit strange that people are saying we should release a player that they've not seen play.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
I think RS will put some of the players who are still under contract on the transfer list including Livermore , Dixon & Hawkins. Davies could be there early August if he doesn't do the business.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
He's a first year pro, they hardly ever get near the first team. It will be up to the management to decide how the players development is going and if they think they're going to make it.

It's just a bit strange that people are saying we should release a player that they've not seen play.

Gargan signed pro forms in January 2007. He made his debut at Bristol Rovers in April 2007.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Sam Gargan has obviously not impressed a great deal in training as when we were desperately short of players to play up front he was recalled from Lewes but not even put on the bench, which would suggest that he is a long way off of being actually considered for a first team spot even on the bench. We have both Hart and Owusu available to be given a contract plus Davies in front of him so where can he go with us.

Last edited:

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Loft is nowhere near good enough so he should go.

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
Jarrett - Had a couple of ok games, plenty of poor ones, very ordinary, not particularly committed journeyman. Release.

Carole - Started off well but form completely collapsed, got further and further away from the team under Slade. Sadly release.

Mayo - Not sure whether he is injured or not. Not sure when McNulty is going to be back, but it probably won't be too long into the season, therefore I wonder if it's worth inviting him back to pre season just to see if he could cover short term. I guess people won't like that but we won't sign a permanent leftback and I'd rather have him than Livermore! The other option would be a loanee.

Hinshelwood - Worth keeping for backup if nothing else, he is still better than El-Abd and miles better than Hawkins.

Fraser - I'm not convinced he has a long future with us but he's still young and would be a worthwhile squad member. 1 year contract.

Hart - Must stay now, especially as Owusu is uncertain. Another year.

Robinson - Probably will be released, just hasn't progressed or grabbed the opportunities he's had. Slade hasn't seen him but I'm not sure that will be enough reason to keep him.

NF9

Feb 24, 2009
Brighton
Im eagerly anticipating the return of the one and only!
Russell slades barmy army!

GT49er

NSC Patron
Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Mayo - Not sure whether he is injured or not. Not sure when McNulty is going to be back, but it probably won't be too long into the season, therefore I wonder if it's worth inviting him back to pre season just to see if he could cover short term. I guess people won't like that but we won't sign a permanent leftback and I'd rather have him than Livermore! The other option would be a loanee.

Agree with that - quite a few people saying that Livermore has always been played out of position so we should keep him - but frankly, whenever he has been asked to play out of positions he's never shown anything to suggest that if he was moved a few yards up or down or across the pitch he would suddenly become a wonder player.
Whether we should keep Mayo is debatable (his time as a playing professional, at this level at least, is pretty nearly up), but would be a better option than Livermore at left back. Of course, we could always give young Cook a run................

Spider

Sep 15, 2007
Livermore - probably should go. Might be a decent player for us but has struggled to prove it so far, and realistically is probably not going to be in the team ahead of Dicker. Don't think it's fair to completely blame Adams for Livermore's poor season as some seem to be, maybe it's like Birchall where he just isn't that interested in playing for us. Also, not sure we need him as cover at left back as I'd argue that Whing was better when he played there and we have cover for RB.

Hinsh - should keep for another year to see if he can recapture form. Considering the amount of time he was out I think he's had an okay season and hopefully will continue to improve.

Fraser - Keep. He might never be our best player but would be crazy to let a local lad who has has played well for us recently go.

Loft - keep. Looked impressive at end of season and can only get better

Hart - would like if he's fit but doubtful, and if Forster and Murray are fit not sure how much he'd feature (assuming we sign Owusu or another striker). Perhaps a month by month contract considering he won't get a deal anywhere else.

Carole, Birchall, Jarrett, Mayo, Robinson - Thanks for all your efforts (or lack in some case) but goodbye!

vulture

Banned
Jul 26, 2004
If I was boss and

Harty 1 year deal
Mayo goodbye
Gargan gooodbye
Birchall goodbye
Jarrett goodbye
Loft 1 year
Lloyd O 1 year
Gargan ????