Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Slabs outside the ground

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Personally I have no issue with where they are, more the price paid, and the quality. I expected them to be a real feature but you could walk over them and barely notice.

fleet

Jul 28, 2003
It is hard to say anything good about them - I did find my one but it is only just possible to read and I can't see it standing the test of time. Not unlike the sad wood ones at Withdean that fell apart in a few months. I hope the club act to sort this out.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
Are you all completely sure that they're finished? They had a big red fence round them on Monday evening.

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
looked a bit better after the rain this afternoon but not much could not find mine shop assistant said they are going to produce a map/chart sort of thing

The rate things are going they'll get away with sticking up a blank sheet of paper!

Very disappointing execution of a lovely idea. I sincerely hope the club get it sorted for everybody...

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
Also, the whole point in these slabs was always to make money for the club. Pretty sure they never had any intention what so ever to target or fleece the bereaved.

nomoremithras4me

Apr 7, 2011
I found mine today and am well chuffed. Having said that, by the time every man & his dog have driven over it, well who knows? :wrong:

TS90

Jan 26, 2011
Either the club read this, or they had the exact same thoughts. Maintenance/restoration was being done on them today.

Hungry Joe

SINNEN
Oct 22, 2004
Heading for shore
I have a letter from Ken Brown stating that the A&K stones would be in a special marked area on a wall by the main entrance, now i hear that they are all lumped in together with the others, i am NOT impressed at all, I also gave a very large sum of money in 2004 :-(

Ditto. I'm no elitist or attention seeker, but why say you'll have a special place for those who forked out over £250 quid during the Alive & Kicking appeal and then go back on your word?. Poor form.

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX
Does any think they will be "laquered" or something similar to enhance their look?

a bit mucky already!:bhasign:

Attachments

• DSCF7112.JPG
    DSCF7112.JPG
    535.6 KB · Views: 200

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
I'll reserve judgement till I see them in person, but from pictures here they look very disappointing.

I suspected they might to be honest and I hate the blue writing.

NOT EVERYTHING HAS TO BE BLUE :lolol:

chimneys

Jun 11, 2007
Lastly, to all the sad attention seeking wankers who purchased one for themselves, their business or their living offspring, you really are lacking in any kind of dignity or class. Rant over.

Sorry mate but couldnt let that comment pass. You are bang out of order on this one! Where the hell did it say anything about it being only for the departed. Its about some individuals wanting to be a part of the stadium, or wanting those close to them dead or alive to be a part of the stadium, whilst also giving the club extra cash.

And no I havent bought one for me, my off spring or business.

I'm sure we will discuss over a pint at the Amex shortly, but your anger is very misplaced!

Southstandfaithful

Oct 22, 2010
H Heath
As was mine. I didn't buy a stone as I made a donation to the Alive & Kicking campaign to help keep the club going back in 2004. I was promised that I could have my name on my seat, but the club came up with the idea of heritage stones. We were then told that the A&K stones would be set in a different area but the club have lumped the memorial stones in with everyone else's.
It was never meant to be a memorial area (in fact that is going to be the other side of the coach park where people can have ashes scattered)

As was mine but still couldn't find it !

sweetmods

Jan 31, 2004
Shoreham Beach
Personally I have no issue with where they are, more the price paid, and the quality. I expected them to be a real feature but you could walk over them and barely notice.

I was at the Stadium at lunchtime on Tuesday and I did exactly that. In fact I had to ask a steward where they were and she pointed twenty yards away to where I'd just come from! I started to look for the two stones that I'd purchased for close family members and gave up - it was raining and the stones became very hard to read when wet. I was very disappointed. My in-laws had bought one for my son at Shrewsbury's new ground and sadly that one is much better. Fortunately the rest of the Amex is just a tad better than The Greenhous Meadow!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here