Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Slabs outside the ground

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
Agreed , the memorial stones should be relocated to the cliff wall as a mark of respect. Other stones (non memorial) to stay where they are.

My mother is lying some where in one of those stones(well not literally)but-still a wee bit disapointed with this fixation of the "lighter Blue"..a small gripe b t w.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
Having bought one for a sadly departed friend I was disappointed with its appearance. I hope they will look better once cleaned.

I was surprised to see them on the floor as I felt uncomfortable walking over other peoples loved ones names. They should be on a wall.

Lastly, to all the sad attention seeking wankers who purchased one for themselves, their business or their living offspring, you really are lacking in any kind of dignity or class. Rant over.

Sent from my HTC Desire S using Tapatalk

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
It does seem to be disappointing. There are some wonderful slabs at The Globe Theatre that have been trodden on my many thousands, but still look good. Including one for the Count and Countess of Labia!

ATFC Seagull

Aberystwyth Town FC
Jul 27, 2004
(North) Portslade
Lastly, to all the sad attention seeking wankers who purchased one for themselves, their business or their living offspring, you really are lacking in any kind of dignity or class. Rant over.

They obviously missed the rule that said they were for people who'd passed away.

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
Woah , Woah , Woah , Woah , WOAHHHHHHHH

why? the idea principally to have something outside the ground for life (and beyond) , whats attention seeking about that?

(mine was offered to me after I paid a substantial sum to the alive and kicking fund and they bottled out of offering a seat etc.. )

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne

why? the idea principally to have something outside the ground for life (and beyond) , whats attention seeking about that?c.. )

You have to ask?

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

why? the idea principally to have something outside the ground for life (and beyond) , whats attention seeking about that?

(mine was offered to me after I paid a substantial sum to the alive and kicking fund and they bottled out of offering a seat etc.. )

As was mine. I didn't buy a stone as I made a donation to the Alive & Kicking campaign to help keep the club going back in 2004. I was promised that I could have my name on my seat, but the club came up with the idea of heritage stones. We were then told that the A&K stones would be set in a different area but the club have lumped the memorial stones in with everyone else's.
It was never meant to be a memorial area (in fact that is going to be the other side of the coach park where people can have ashes scattered)

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
As was mine. I didn't buy a stone as I made a donation to the Alive & Kicking campaign to help keep the club going back in 2004. I was promised that I could have my name on my seat, but the club came up with the idea of heritage stones. We were then told that the A&K stones would be set in a different area but the club have lumped the memorial stones in with everyone else's.
It was never meant to be a memorial area (in fact that is going to be the other side of the coach park where people can have ashes scattered)

EXACTLY !!! completely how I understood it and judging by other names that I saw around the place they thought so too.

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
It seems I was unaware of the clubs decision to offer these 'memorial stones' to people who have helped to keep the club alive over the years. I apologise to those who were given this by way of apology from the club.

I do still feel uncomfortable walking over the names of those who never got to see The Amex, whilst little Johnny scuffs his trainers all over their stones as he looks for his own stone or the one with his dads business name on.....

ATFC Seagull

Aberystwyth Town FC
Jul 27, 2004
(North) Portslade
It seems I was unaware of the clubs decision to offer these 'memorial stones' to people who have helped to keep the club alive over the years. I apologise to those who were given this by way of apology from the club.

I do still feel uncomfortable walking over the names of those who never got to see The Amex, whilst little Johnny scuffs his trainers all over their stones as he looks for his own stone or the one with his dads business name on.....

Thing is, it was NEVER suggested that they were primarily intended as memorials. In fact, you are the first person I have come across that has thought that.

bobby smith

Jan 20, 2011
WORTHING

I have a letter from Ken Brown stating that the A&K stones would be in a special marked area on a wall by the main entrance, now i hear that they are all lumped in together with the others, i am NOT impressed at all, I also gave a very large sum of money in 2004 :-(

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom

Yeah , I knew where you were coming from with this , and I would like to see SOMETHING along those lines (wasn't there official talk of a peace garden?) or be it Benches or just a wall :)

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
I looked again. Have got one each for all my family members but could only find two of them.

They are small and badly completed. Also I don't know why but thought they would be more a walkway, but they just look like a shit square.

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
Hi again,

I am happy to approach the club to request that these stones could be situated in a more appropriate manner, but I would like to have a little more moral backing from those with a valid viewpoint

Please PM me

bhadeb

Jan 11, 2008
Yes my brother in law is a steward and whilst he was up there last week he mentioned it to the person using the pressure washer and the response was "oh is people complain that the writing is missing we will sort it then"
Thanks to that person - bet they haven't paid over £100 per slab!!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here