Ski/snowboarding holidays

REDLAND

Jul 7, 2003
At the foot of the downs

tedebear

Legal Alien
Jul 7, 2003
In my computer
I ski but don't use poles - what does that make me?
:cool:

Me too - I learned without poles and even though I used to carry them I never really used them except when I was trying to be superwoman megaskiier and breaking my body doing moguls...

I haven't so much as skiied a snowflake in about 8 years though it must be said....

and yes we have snow in Australia...kangaroos don't like it much I've heard though...

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
A prick with no sticks ???

I should have seen that one coming
:glare:

Me too - I learned without poles

Me too. I had a week of morning and afternoon lessons and only used poles twice and spent both afternoons just tripping over the bloody things.

On La Face in Tignes / Val D'Isere

Attachments

• LaFace2.JPG
    LaFace2.JPG
    55.1 KB · Views: 68
Last edited:

tedebear

Legal Alien
Jul 7, 2003
In my computer
I should have seen that one coming
:glare:

Me too. I had a week of morning and afternoon lessons and only used poles twice and spent both afternoons just tripping over the bloody things.

I found them more useful for twatting my sisters as I flew past :lol:

pasty

Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Hips to the mountain, Pasty, Shoulders to the valley ;)

Bollox to style and technique - I was going way too fast there to worry about stuff like that. I will own up though, that about 30 seconds after that photo was taken I bit the snow big time. I did the next 200 yards or so without skis, let alone poles
:laugh::laugh::laugh:

pasty

Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
I wanna go skiing now :( But Zef isn't the remotest bit interested - I reckon Artie would have a ball!!

I'm thinking about organising one for Easter next year if you fancy it. Can't you even convince Zef with stories of Apres Ski ?

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
ooohh Pasty the Run down to Val through that little tunnel, one of my fave runs I've ever done! Also did the Grand Ski Run when I stayed in Val the day before it went live on tele, bloody steep and very very icy!

bristol, I used to skateboard so snowboarding was a doddle and had it all figured in a couple of hours! Should'nt take more than 3 days max anyway as it is easy to get the basics down.

REDLAND

Jul 7, 2003
At the foot of the downs
ooohh Pasty the Run down to Val through that little tunnel, one of my fave runs I've ever done! Also did the Grand Ski Run when I stayed in Val the day before it went live on tele, bloody steep and very very icy!

Agreed, that run from Grand Prix (sp) is wicked, though generally only a third of the length most runs in Whistler !!

pasty

Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Think my favourite run in Tignes is Trolles. The big black that ends with a huge shoosh (sp) down into Tignes Le Lac.

We took a GPS tracker out with us last time around and when we picked it up later I found we'd hit 86.55 km/h coming down it. I wondered why my ski trousers had gone a funny shade of brown. The GPS thingy is excellent.

This is detail you get (the guide coudn't spell btw)

Attachments

• Tignes - GPS Tracker Back.JPG
    Tignes - GPS Tracker Back.JPG
    100.3 KB · Views: 51
Last edited:

pasty

Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
And you also get a satellite view map of your route

Attachments

• Tignes - GPS Tracker Front.JPG
    Tignes - GPS Tracker Front.JPG
    193.3 KB · Views: 51

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Do peole still ski...how quaint.

bristolseagull

Jul 5, 2003
Lindfield
all booked, i need to buy a jacket, is it ok to get one from tk maxx?

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
cor PASTIE that looks well good, might have to get me one of those gadgets for next time!

REDLAND

Jul 7, 2003
At the foot of the downs
all booked, i need to buy a jacket, is it ok to get one from tk maxx?

indeed, try and get a recognised name if you can and make sure it has a snow skirt inside else your get very wet pants :thumbsup:

pasty

Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
cor PASTIE that looks well good, might have to get me one of those gadgets for next time!

We hired it off the chalet rep. Can't remember exactly but I think it was something like 18 Euros each and there was four of us.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here