Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Six released, four to be offered deals (Merged)

Much more to the point - can we get Lua Lua 100% fit? And then able to cross a ball? If those two are yes then we have a great player but I have my doubts. Hope so though.

Well, I'll certainly be looking to our new manager to get more out of him, that will be about man management and coaching skills

dibsy

Jul 26, 2004
Shoreham By Sea
Remaining squad, needs serious investment.
Goalkeepers
Casper Ankergren
Christian Walton
Full Backs
Inigo Calderon
Bruno
Adam Chicksen
Central Defenders
Gordon Greer
Lewis Dunk
Matthew Upson
Central Midfielders
Rohan Ince
Jake Forster-Caskey
Dale Stephens
Andrew Crofts
Wingers
Will Buckley
Kazenga LuaLua
Solly March
Strikers
Leonardo Ulloa
Craig Mackail-Smith

Pretty good foundation for a team !

The sympathy for Hoskins is incredible - he was nothing more than a three-season Paul Kitson

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
Yes and, hopefully, leaving the new manager (whoever s/he is, and assuming they are appointed quickly) with enough empty slots in the squad to start filling at least some of them with players he wants and building a unified team pre-season, rather than having to work with a 90% inherited squad.

Yep, that is my thinking too. A chance for the new manager to make their mark should hopefully prove an added incentive.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Much more to the point - can we get Lua Lua 100% fit? And then able to cross a ball? If those two are yes then we have a great player but I have my doubts. Hope so though.

Bring in whoever it is that has taught Tiny Cox at Orient. He now manages to put in decent corners and free kicks that clear the first defender and arrive in dangerous areas in front of goal. He might still be here if he had been doing that for us a few years back. OK, maybe not but his crossing has improved massively so it can be learned.

Pretty good foundation for a team !

Absolutely! The squad is still strong, no need for any pessimism whatsoever. A good manager, 4-5 good signings and we can give it a right old crack next season

Rohana

I'm.Actually.Dead.
Feb 16, 2010
Shoreham-By-Sea
Goalkeepers

Shay Given - Aston Villa £500,000
Casper Ankergren
Christian Walton

Full Backs

Chris Solly - Charlton - Out of Contract
Inigo Calderon
Bruno
Adam Chicksen

Central Defenders

Gordon Greer
Lewis Dunk
Matthew Upson
Bongani Khumalo - Tottenham - Loan

Central Midfielders

Rohan Ince
Jake Forster-Caskey
Dale Stephens
Andrew Crofts
Kemy Agustien
Ramon Azeez - Almeria - Out of Contrat
Joe Cole - West Ham - Out of Contract

Wingers

Will Buckley
Kazenga LuaLua
Solly March
Llyod Dyer - Leicester - Out of Contract

Strikers

Leonardo Ulloa
Craig Mackail-Smith
Jay Emmanuel-Thomas - Bristol City - £1,250,000
Andre Gray - Luton - £750,000

Potential Squad of 26, obviously I have no idea who we are looking at but I tried to set a reasonable transfer budget (£2.5 million), and a decent sized wage bill to indicate the wages we have freed up over the last 12 months.

Don't think any of the players on there are overly optimistic apart from maybe Cole (wages) and Azeez (Will probably go to a bigger club.). Would be happy enough with that squad, especially if we brought through a few more youngsters too.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
The sympathy for Hoskins is incredible - he was nothing more than a three-season Paul Kitson

Out because he was injured while playing for us-hardly his fault is it? What do you propose-get rid of every player who gets a long term injury?

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
A bit daft that we have to take these decisions before a new manager comes in, but I guess that's what happens when your manager leaves because you've undermined his authority two years in a row. Clearly no lessons learned from last year - smacks of arrogance on behalf of the powers that be.

Not very clever are you?

Out because he was injured while playing for us-hardly his fault is it? What do you propose-get rid of every player who gets a long term injury?

If by long term you mean three years, then of course!

It wasn't Kitson's fault either but one gets abuse and the other sympathy? That was the point I was making.

Lurker

62 years and counting ...
Mar 8, 2010
West Midlands
Credit where credit is due ... some of you have superb long term memories if you can recall the last time Hoskins looked a quality Championship player.

I'm not saying he isn't a good player, but surely enough is enough, we can't keep gambling on his availability, and I seriously question that he has EVER proved himself a top of the Championship level footballer.

The obvious answer to me is to offer him a 'pay per game' contract ... but somehow I can't imagine that would appeal to him, unless he can't find another club because of his fitness history?

Lifelong Supporter

Aug 4, 2009
Burgess Hill
Credit where credit is due ... some of you have superb long term memories if you can recall the last time Hoskins looked a quality Championship player.

I'm not saying he isn't a good player, but surely enough is enough, we can't keep gambling on his availability, and I seriously question that he has EVER proved himself a top of the Championship level footballer.

The obvious answer to me is to offer him a 'pay per game' contract ... but somehow I can't imagine that would appeal to him, unless he can't find another club because of his fitness history?

Very much this. His time has passed, expect him to be a squad member for a League 1 or 2 club. He is not the future.

shingle

Jan 18, 2004
Lewes
Surprised about Hoskins, Disappointed to see Koosh go........but, really pleased about Bruno though, my favourite Player last season

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
I guess they can't be bothered to **** around on the keeper front. So just get rid of PIG now rather than spending all summer trying to persuade him to stay and then still watch him go.

Interesting strategy. Still wouldn't be surprised if he ended up signing after failing to get a premiership move.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here